Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Cingular Mobile to Mobile Lookup Tool

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 6S Plus Apple iPhone 6S Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score

Cingular Mobile to Mobile Lookup Tool

Cingular has a Mobile to Mobile Lookup Tool which allows you to check up to five wireless numbers to see if mobile to mobile minutes apply.
    Earl F. Parrish

Device(s)
    nokia 6230
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular/Blue
    Feedback Score

Cingular

Great that the site exist. I checked a number that I ported to Verizon 45 days go and Cingular shows that the number is in Cingular Mobile to Mobile.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S5 Active, Samsung Captivate
    Carrier(s)
    at&t (formerly Cingular)
    Feedback Score
    I plugged in a friends number that used to be an AT&T Wireless number, but had ported over to Verizon last year and it came back as still being included as M2M with Cingular.
    If you feel that you have to correct some of my posts for my capitalization of some of my words, then just bear with it. It's just a discussion forum where some may be limited by time to answer in well-versed and eloquent sentences.

I already got a PHD (Plain High School Diploma) so ignore my style of writing and I'll ignore your ignorance.

Subject: You can read this-trust me!

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdgnieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid. Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm.
    Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas thought slpeling was ipmorantt!

When asked if I see the glass half empty or half full, I responded I see just a glass of water.
    Now you know how I think.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S5
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    You notice that Cingular's response talks about "national" but does not metion Chicago. Cingular, as with any carrier, does have some problem markets. I would think it would be better to own up to the problems and talk about what is in the works to fix it.

Device(s)
    Nokia 8290 (TMO primary and site checker) / 6200 (850 roaming) / 6340i (AT&T PAYG and site checker)
    Carrier(s)
    Simple Mobile / AT&T PAYG (for backup & checking cell sites) / PagePlus (trial)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry ATL
    You notice that Cingular's response talks about "national" but does not metion Chicago. Cingular, as with any carrier, does have some problem markets. I would think it would be better to own up to the problems and talk about what is in the works to fix it.
    I think you wanted to reply to the Chicago thread.

But you're right and I recently posted the same concepts on that thread.

Device(s)
    Nokia 8290 (TMO primary and site checker) / 6200 (850 roaming) / 6340i (AT&T PAYG and site checker)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by i49mobile
    Great that the site exist. I checked a number that I ported to Verizon 45 days go and Cingular shows that the number is in Cingular Mobile to Mobile.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mango808
    I plugged in a friends number that used to be an AT&T Wireless number, but had ported over to Verizon last year and it came back as still being included as M2M with Cingular.
    The question is: does Cingular rate calls to these numbers as M2M?

This is one time people could profit from their lame-o systems, assuming billing uses the same database.

Device(s)
    Google Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    yes they do, my friend that was Cingular and is now Sprint, i still get to talk to her for free even tho she can't. She has free incoming tho so i call her for free and she gets my calls for free :-D
    - yeah, don't listen to that guy!

Device(s)
    Iphone 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    I just checked a number of a friend who ported out of Cingular to Alltel 2 years ago and it says he is on-network. However, on my bill, it never rates calls to or from him as mobile to mobile. Pretty sorry system they use. Its giving people false information! However, the billing system seems to get it right every month!

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S5 Active, Samsung Captivate
    Carrier(s)
    at&t (formerly Cingular)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gregsmith59
    The question is: does Cingular rate calls to these numbers as M2M?

This is one time people could profit from their lame-o systems, assuming billing uses the same database.
    I haven't called the ported number since and I don't have any of my bills going back that far to see if it was still M2M after the port.

Los Angeles - San Diego - Tijuana / D.F. - Puebla
    Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 7 Plus / Apple iPhone 7 / Samsung Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    Pacific Bell Wireless / Verizon Wireless / iusacell MX / Telcel MX
    Feedback Score
    This thing failed my test...
    I plugged in number for a friend who was an AT&T Wireless customer and it said "Yes you can enjoy free calls to the following number(s)", plug in the same number at https://www.wirelessamberalerts.org/ and I get "Carrier: T-Mobile USA, Inc."

WRNG!

Good ole Cingular at work again...

Device(s)
    Cricket note 4's-vzw note 4-tmb rugby 3
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score

This one usually works

this site is not without flaws but I have found it pretty good, and I use it a lot since we have 3 carriers and use the one to connect m2m as often as possible.

https://www.wirelessamberalerts.org/index.jsp

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 6S Plus Apple iPhone 6S Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by i0wnj00
    This thing failed my test...
    I plugged in number for a friend who was an AT&T Wireless customer and it said "Yes you can enjoy free calls to the following number(s)", plug in the same number at https://www.wirelessamberalerts.org/ and I get "Carrier: T-Mobile USA, Inc."

WRNG!

Good ole Cingular at work again...
    Which one is wrong?

Los Angeles - San Diego - Tijuana / D.F. - Puebla
    Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 7 Plus / Apple iPhone 7 / Samsung Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    Pacific Bell Wireless / Verizon Wireless / iusacell MX / Telcel MX
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by efparri
    Which one is wrong?
    The Cingular tool.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S5
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gregsmith59
    I think you wanted to reply to the Chicago thread.

But you're right and I recently posted the same concepts on that thread.
    GEEZE..... HOW DID I DO THAT???? Okay... so I have lost my mind. Oh well, sorry about posting on the wrong thread.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by efparri
    Which one is wrong?
    Is that a trick question???

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast