Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Thread: What to expect working as a Sales Consultant in a corp. store

Feedback Score
    I have been interviewing with AT&T a lot of the past 4 months. I recently had a final interview with a store manager and he just called me to inform me I would be meeting with an area manager in two days. This is a first for me. Any idea what to expect?

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    It's business as usual. If you've made it to an interview with the ARSM then just keep doing the same thing that got you to that last interview. You should be fine.

Feedback Score
    Nice thread. Unfortunately, I noticed that it was last updated in 2006...and I'd like some current information if possible. For example, I know the base rate is now $15.02 for new reps (at least in NYC). If anyone could answer these questions that'd be awesome:

1. What is the commission rate? And what qualifies for commission?

2. Do employees get free phones and service? I heard it was a free phone plus unlimited service; I'm sure if you're a hot-shot exceeding sales goals you can get more freebies, but I want to know what the basics are.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Spence_Tricky View Post
    Nice thread. Unfortunately, I noticed that it was last updated in 2006...and I'd like some current information if possible. For example, I know the base rate is now $15.02 for new reps (at least in NYC). If anyone could answer these questions that'd be awesome:

1. What is the commission rate? And what qualifies for commission?

You get paid x amount is you hit 100% of your goal or extra if you hit over tier

2. Do employees get free phones and service? I heard it was a free phone plus unlimited service; I'm sure if you're a hot-shot exceeding sales goals you can get more freebies, but I want to know what the basics are.
    It's not really unlimited because the company do track on your usage. Any excessive usage will be result in write ups. There's no such thing as getting more freebies if you're a hot shot sales. That's called favoritism from your store manager. All are treated equal.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Pretty much everything you sells goes toward you making commission. I don't believe you will find what the current payouts and such are on the commission structure as I think it's proprietary info.

You are provided a Company Official Use phone with "unlimited" usage. It is tracked though and they can tell you to cool it on data and such if they see you using a lot. They can also ask to see it at any time and go through the phone so it's not like you'd want to use it as a personal phone.

Feedback Score
    I'm currently a SB EUC agent with 2 years experience and now I'm thinking about applying to work as a COR rep? Basically, what I need to know is it a work experience or just different? Also, what challenges do store reps have vs. customer care agent's?

P.S. I had posted this question before I saw this thread so I apologize.

Feedback Score
    I'm Currently interviewing for the RLDP with AT&T I would really appreciate if someone can share their experiences with the interviewing process, and program.

Feedback Score
    I have applied to a store in my area. After I submitted it I almost immediately was sent an email saying I was not selected for the position. I don't understand it. Ive worked as an indirect sales rep for Verizon for two years. I love my job. I was rejected arbitrarily. Wtf.?

Sent with the HoFo App

Device(s)
    Blackberry 8310
    Feedback Score
    AT&T just purchased Alltel as of 9/20/13. I currently work for Alltel, but use to work for AT&T, does anyone know if this will affect me being able to work for AT&T now that they have purchased Alltel?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile (current)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by c1nnamon View Post
    AT&T just purchased Alltel as of 9/20/13. I currently work for Alltel, but use to work for AT&T, does anyone know if this will affect me being able to work for AT&T now that they have purchased Alltel?
    Did you happen to land on a Do Not Hire list at AT&T? If not, I wouldn't worry about it.

Left: iPhone 6+ on T-Mobile. Right: Comcast home internet connection.

Device(s)
    Blackberry 8310
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by scaredpoet View Post
    Did you happen to land on a Do Not Hire list at AT&T? If not, I wouldn't worry about it.
    I don't know, but I did quit w/o two weeks notice. I did give a little notice.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Device(s)
    BlackBerry 9700
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Hey guys wanted to bump this thread as I just received an offer from AT&T. The recruited informed that I need to be quick with accepting and doing the HireRight background check as my training date is REALLY soon, within 2 weeks. When I worked for VZW it took longer than a month. Anyways, I've actually been away from wireless for about 2 years but since I am applying to graduate school I figured a part-time job in wireless (something I know and comes rather easily) would be ideal.

I've had a few questions, though:

from my former TMO and VZW days, a lot of friends that worked for AT&T aren't there for one reason or another, and RSM and ARSM that I've interviewed for AT&T in the past aren't there either (with the company overall). So it SEEMS like there's a high turnover rate (in fact the assistant manager who was talking to me outside the store after my interview pretty much said as much). This segways into my related question about the commission structure over the years. I know it's "illegal" to disclose it but I was just wondering how much harder it's gotten over the years that so many people I know decided to leave disgruntled - mind you they were good sales people as far as I know.

Secondly, to those same people who have been there for a few years now how has the company changed in terms of the retail setting? This is a broad question that begs a broad reply. Thank you in advance <3

Feedback Score
    so if you apply how long does it generally take to get a call back or anything?

Feedback Score
    are there any ATT call center employees that could PM me . I have some questions?

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24