Thread: Set T9 Word as Text Messaging defualt

Phone
    Motorola Razr V3a
    Carrier
    Cingular
    Feedback Score

Set T9 Word as Text Messaging defualt

Everytime I go to send a text message on my Razr V3a the default input is the single letter input, I would like to have it start on T9 word everytime so I dont have to switch it to T9 by hitting the # key 3 times. Is this possible? Maybe a setting I am missing or a hack out there for this?
    Thanks!

Phones
    Apple iPhone 3GS - 16GB (4/30/10 - Present)
    BlackBerry Bold 9700 (Jan - April 2010)
    BlackBerry Bold 9000 (April 2009 - Jan 2010)
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by damadhatter
    Everytime I go to send a text message on my Razr V3a the default input is the single letter input, I would like to have it start on T9 word everytime so I dont have to switch it to T9 by hitting the # key 3 times. Is this possible? Maybe a setting I am missing or a hack out there for this?
    Thanks!

on the message screen, when you're ready to type -- hit the menu button and the message menu will pop up.

scroll down to entry setup and choose itap as your primary setup
    ׺×[[--::KN::--]]׺×

Phone
    Motorola Razr V3a
    Carrier
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Thank you so much!!! God what an annoyance that was!

Phone
    Motorola Razr V3a
    Carrier
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    One more question along the same line. When sending a text message, after entering the body of the text, when I goto enter the number of the receipent (not stored in my phone book) The typing starts in the single letter alphabit format. I have to hit the # to get it to number entry mode, how can I change it back? This occured after I entered in someones email address to send a picture message too