Thread: SMTP/POP3 Fido Email servers?

Carrier
    Fido
    Feedback Score

SMTP/POP3 Fido Email servers?

I can't find any information on accessing Fido E-Mail other than on handsets and the Fido webpage.

I'd like to set it up to run on MS Outlook. I got several email accounts so I need them all to run off Outlook.

Also, my handset is a smartphone and can run email clients similar to Outlook, so I can configure my handset to access emails as if it was a computer (thus pay per KB and not per message).

Anyone knows the fido SMTP/POP email server addresses? Thanks

Phones
    Nokia 6120 Classic White wCDMA HSDPA : Nokia BH-200
    Sony Ericsson W810i EDGE stick : Akono HBH-610a
    Sony Ericsson Z710i
    Carrier
    Fido by Rogers wCDMA HSDPA
    Feedback Score
    Fido provides an SMTP server at gprs.fido.ca but you have to bring your own POP or IMAP service, Fido E-Mail is a web-based service.

Carrier
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Ok, so I can't even use IMAP or HTTP settings in outlook to connect to my fido?

I tried using https://www.fido.ca/portal/servlet/s...er?dest=/mail/ but then the server wouldnt answer.
    I also tried https://www.fido.ca/mail/imp/mailbox.php
    but then the server didn't answer either.

What a useless web service then. Oh well, Ill use some other email service to send/receiver emails from my handset.

Anyone was succesful to send and receive emails from hotmail/google without passing through Fido's email server? I want to be charged by kb, not per message.

Phones
    Nokia 6120 Classic White wCDMA HSDPA : Nokia BH-200
    Sony Ericsson W810i EDGE stick : Akono HBH-610a
    Sony Ericsson Z710i
    Carrier
    Fido by Rogers wCDMA HSDPA
    Feedback Score
    the smtp server isn't part of any Fido messaging service, and it's charged by data volume. it's there to allow access to an SMTP server because most networks localise their outgoing servers from spam attacks.
    Last edited by harrytse; 06-26-2006 at 12:44 PM.