Page 36 of 208 FirstFirst ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 86 136 ... LastLast

Thread: Cingular/HTC 8525 / HSDPA (APPROVED)

Phones
    RAZR V3
    Nokia 6620
    Cingular 8125
    Carriers
    Cingular/AT&TWS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aadadams
    I have large hands as well, and I would agree with the argument that the new keyboard is better for several reasons. Tactile response, layout of characters, completeness of character set, backlight distribution, and backlight sensor are all vastly improved over the Wizard IMNSHO. Any required adjustment is worthwhile, and is not oweing to size but to the arrangement of keys. Hope that helps.
    Sounds good. I was wondering if the other factors of the new keyboard would help outweigh the usability of the Wizard.
    I see, I said, jealousy, I said, got the whole industry mad at me, I said,

Then B.I. said, Hov remind yahself, nobody built like you, you design yahself,

I agree I said, my one of a kind self, get's stoned everyday like Jesus did,

Well he said, I said, has been said before,

Just keep doin yah thing he said, say no more.

-Jay-Z

Phones
    Whatever is not available for sale yet.
    Treo 650
    Carrier
    Several Cingular Orange 3G SIMs
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayswj
    I played with my friends test unit over the weekend. This is a nice phone.. He could only let me play with it for a short time because Cingular was hounding him for reports and test results. They told him they wanted to try to get it out the beginning of Sept. I don't know a date, just what he told me and I know that he has been really busy filing reports about the 8525 and hasn't had any problems with it.
    Hmm, busy filling reports? I have ony seen a few, and you can fill them out in less than 10 minutes. I agree that testing devices can keep you busy though.

So you were not able to build an impression of it then?

Phones
    LG G2
    LG G2
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I know it's off topic but check this out, it's almost worth buying a WM5 phone alone.
    Yahoo to Go on Windows Mobile smartphones

Posted Aug 29th 2006 11:55PM by Chris Price
    Yahoo to Go MobileYahoo! has just announced it's Yahoo to Go service on Windows Mobile smartphones (like the sleek Motorola Q). The application has been around on some Nokia phones for a while, and was previously announced to be pre-installed on some Motorola handsets next year. This release will expand the service to the millions of devices running Windows Mobile 2003 SE & 5.0.

The application brings together a set of Yahoo! services into a neat little package:

* Yahoo! Mail
    * Yahoo! Search (Local, Web and Image)
    * Yahoo! Photos
    * Yahoo! Address Book and Calendar
    * Yahoo! News, Sports, Finance

The download will be available tomorrow from the Yahoo to Go Mobile site - I wonder if it'll run on my old Dell Axim X5???
    It even puts phone contacts with PC contacts, talk about a home run!http://www.downloadsquad.com/2006/08...e-smartphones/

Phones
    Qtek 9100
    Motorola v3 RAZR
    Carrier
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by helpermonkey
    Hmm, busy filling reports? I have ony seen a few, and you can fill them out in less than 10 minutes. I agree that testing devices can keep you busy though.

So you were not able to build an impression of it then?
    I'm just going on what he told me about the reports. But I did get to play with it for 30 minutes and was really impressed with the phone as an upgrade from the 8125 / Qtek. The phone was noticably faster both in the software response and the internet speed. I did have time to install and try out slingplayer on the 3g network and was very impressed with the quality. It was pulling 250 kbs which gave a very good quality picture. The keyboard was nice. I haven't used a 8125 so I don't know what the difference is between the two keyboards, but I loved the keyboard more than on my Qtek. The additional buttons for "ok" and the start menu are very nice and makes it clear to me that HTC listens to their customers and makes improvements.

I do have some pictures see below, but they are bad quality and that is the reason I didn't post before.. They were taken with the Qtek..

Phone
    iPhone 6 128GB
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonix
    I know it's off topic but check this out, it's almost worth buying a WM5 phone alone.It even puts phone contacts with PC contacts, talk about a home run!http://www.downloadsquad.com/2006/08...e-smartphones/
    Dude!! Sweet!! Thanks for posting that, really. I'm so stoked to see this. It's about flippin' time Yahoo had a PDA sync.
    I've been sycing my palm devices (currently Treo 650) for years using the broken intellisync program (I figured out workarounds.) I've been aching for Yahoo to update this feature. I was about to surrender to trying to write my own app.
    Well I hope this works well. I'm looking forward to trying it on the 8525.
    The one thing they don't talk about is the calendar. I use the yahoo calendar and like to syc it to my pda/phone. I hope that works.
    Last edited by taylorh; 08-30-2006 at 12:32 PM.

Phones
    iPhone 3G
    iPhone
    Blackjack
    Carrier
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    WOW.. I knoew we would be seeing it soon.. Thank you so much for the pictures. It is nice to finaly put a face to the name.. And now it begins..
    Cheers!
    _________
    ______JPL4_______
    ..........JPL4Design.com..........

Go Go Minimo!

Phones
    HTC Fuze
    AT&T Tilt
    AT&T 8525
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I wonder if this device will be near or a little above the 8125's price point (when first relased) when this device drops. I hope it isn't 700+ because thats a bit to rich for my blood.
    Omega2008 | Windows Mobile Guru

Phones
    iPhone 3G
    iPhone
    Blackjack
    Carrier
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega2008
    I wonder if this device will be near or a little above the 8125's price point (when first relased) when this device drops. I hope it isn't 700+ because thats a bit to rich for my blood.
    No.. I think it will drop to a reasonable price. I remember being surprised by the 8125's price when it was released and I think it will be the same with the 8525. Someone here may be able to enlighten us..

Phones
    Qtek 9100
    Motorola v3 RAZR
    Carrier
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega2008
    There is not price set yet. However, from what I have heard it will probably be $599 without contract. Again there is no price set, but this is what is currently thought. Once I see a price sheet I will give the official price.

Feedback Score
    She's... so... beautiful...

Carrier
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayswj
    There is not price set yet. However, from what I have heard it will probably be $599 without contract. Again there is no price set, but this is what is currently thought. Once I see a price sheet I will give the official price.
    that would seem not bad if the tytn is going for 799
    9/11 We will never forget.

F D N Y P D

My Wish List:
    Apple iPhone 5 64GB, Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket HD, S III, Note, HTC One X, Sony Xperia Ion

Phone
    Nokia 6126
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Well, its not as pretty as the TyTn and doesn't have its nifty little secondary camera, but I guess thats OK.

Feedback Score

Finally...Real Pics

Great job on the pics. Your pics will now be listed on every pda/phone website there is in the next few hours (search under 8525 and get ready). Enjoy the spot light until higher quality pics come out!!

Again- Great Job!!!!!!

Phones
    Cingular 8525
    Sony Ericsson K750i
    Motorola v525
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tremcotexas
    Great job on the pics. Your pics will now be listed on every pda/phone website there is in the next few hours (search under 8525 and get ready). Enjoy the spot light until higher quality pics come out!!

Again- Great Job!!!!!!
    where did the pics go?

Phones
    LG G2
    LG G2
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh
    Dude!! Sweet!! Thanks for posting that, really. I'm so stoked to see this. It's about flippin' time Yahoo had a PDA sync.
    I've been sycing my palm devices (currently Treo 650) for years using the broken intellisync program (I figured out workarounds.) I've been aching for Yahoo to update this feature. I was about to surrender to trying to write my own app.
    Well I hope this works well. I'm looking forward to trying it on the 8525.
    The one thing they don't talk about is the calendar. I use the yahoo calendar and like to syc it to my pda/phone. I hope that works.
    I'm just guessing but I think Y calender is not going to be what you want for a while. They are coming out with a Web 2.0 version of it that can be ported to WM5 using ASP.NET 2 and J2ME etc. From what I've read it will give you a list of events and to do's from the get go and with a link to a calender. It's also supposed to sync with Google and I think AOL' calender.

But to be able to quickly see all my contacts and appointments on a phone, weather entered on the phone or a PC will be it for me. I hope they even have a phone "category" in the address book so it can put an end to entering numbers into a new phone. And I even hope there will be a link to a map view of the contacts and appointments.

Page 36 of 208 FirstFirst ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 86 136 ... LastLast