Page 3 of 58 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 53 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 869

Thread: anything ic502 goes here

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Sevierville, TN USA
    Posts
    2,661
    Phones
    Me: Camo Green GSM Samsung Galaxy S5 Active w/128GB SanDisk MircoSD Card
    ~~ Me: Camo Green GSM Samsung Galaxy S5 Active w/128GB SanDisk MircoSD Card
    ~~ Wife: Gold GSM Apple iPhone 6 128GB
    Carriers
    PRESENT: [at&t] w/ 20% FAN Discount.
    ~~
    Feedback Score
    0

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by yournamehere
    i wasn't trying to steer off topic, i just don't see the need for a light to let me know if i have service.
    Ditto. 99% of the time you probably don't even look at the light anyway.

    As far as the battery size and life, the i580's is supposed to have a great battery and was supposed to be different to compasate for all the phone's features and to also allow for good talk time. IF not, I'm sure there will be a maximum battery and maximum battery door you could purchase to allow for more talk time. The ic502 will more than likely be like this, unless the Sprint side claims this cell phone as their own and not Nextel.

    CDMA voice quality truly is horrid and Sprint's CDMA network is not reliable as NEXTEL's iDEN network is. This is fact.
    Nextel's text messaging I don't have a problem with what so ever as some of you say you do. Besides, the main purpose of a cell phone is to talk and have service. NEXTEL with it's iDEN network accomplishes this much better than Sprint's CDMA network, by far!

    The ic502 doesn't impress me at the least. Looks like anther junk Sprint phone to me. No thanks on this one.

    (My opinion based on facts I have gathered from my actual use and knowledge. Also based on comments from friends, co-workers, and relatives that have had Sprint and NEXTEL.)

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    206
    Phones
    Ic902
    i870
    i836
    Carriers
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by PlatMan
    CDMA voice quality truly is horrid and Sprint's CDMA network is not reliable as NEXTEL's iDEN network is. This is fact.
    Nextel's text messaging I don't have a problem with what so ever as some of you say you do. Besides, the main purpose of a cell phone is to talk and have service. NEXTEL with it's iDEN network accomplishes this much better than Sprint's CDMA network, by far!

    The ic502 doesn't impress me at the least. Looks like anther junk Sprint phone to me. No thanks on this one.

    (My opinion based on facts I have gathered from my actual use and knowledge. Also based on comments from friends, co-workers, and relatives that have had Sprint and NEXTEL.)

    The only reason you say sprint sucks is because it is bad in YOUR area, you fail to recognize that your a very small part of the nation. In my area i can say that nextel is only OK and sprint has much better coverage. I have nextel because of the two way and because i like their phones, however i certainly dont have it for call quality and certainly not messaging (even tho i do over 2000/month)

    and also, it looks almost like a 836 with the curved middle and the keypad is definately nextel, so how is it another crap sprint phone?

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Sevierville, TN USA
    Posts
    2,661
    Phones
    Me: Camo Green GSM Samsung Galaxy S5 Active w/128GB SanDisk MircoSD Card
    ~~ Me: Camo Green GSM Samsung Galaxy S5 Active w/128GB SanDisk MircoSD Card
    ~~ Wife: Gold GSM Apple iPhone 6 128GB
    Carriers
    PRESENT: [at&t] w/ 20% FAN Discount.
    ~~
    Feedback Score
    0

    Post

    I do travel allot and my statement holds true to the facts I know and experience regarding Nextel iDEN and Sprint CDMA networks.

    The ic502 from looking at that pic doesn't look to be of as high quality that Nextel cell phones are known for, even though it is made by Moto. Of course sometimes pictures can be deceiving.

    Either way, I don't like or want any part of CDMA, period. I would have to give up NEXTEL and go to Cingular if I was ever forced to use any part of CDMA again, which I doubt very much will happen.

    Nothing personal here, this is my observation and my preferences is all.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    888
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by yournamehere
    can someone please explain why so many people want a status light?
    i agree! I always use to disable it when I had it on phones

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    DOG house, DONE.|
    Posts
    1,027
    Phones
    i580, i870, i560, i730, i90c, i1000+
    HTC Touch for BT PAN Data... Ewwww I feel so dirty!
    Any Phone w\ iDen PTT QChat still Push To Wait(PTW)...
    Carriers
    "Please Hold, While Sprint Ruins the Service & Network the customer you are looking for is on"
    Feedback Score
    0
    Look, I can be STICKIE after all...


    ...ON

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Cranston, Rhode Island
    Posts
    917
    Phones
    i860
    Sidekick II
    i730
    Carriers
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    0
    Nice post my friend. I will be getting the 580 and when this is released I will most likely try it. I myself am sick of dropped calls and I think it is time to try something new. I love the fact the phone still has a SIM card and I love it looks like an i95, my current phone. I hope the text messaging is better than what it is now, no more web for text messages!!! I do hope that future Sprint/Nextel phones come with SIM card because I really can't live without them.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    10,997
    Phones
    a920 (back to)
    m610
    Feedback Score
    0
    You iDEN fans are seemingly delusional.

    CDMA has a larger coverage map: Fact
    CDMA has more voice bandwidth: Fact
    CDMA has longer standby times: Fact
    CDMA has better handoffs: Fact
    CDMA is not based on the ancient TDMA technology: Fact
    CDMA has real SMS messaging: Fact
    CDMA is superior for Data: Reallly a fact
    CDMA is the eventual upgrade path for all mobile handset standards: Fact

    With Sprint, you can roam (for free) anywhere where Verizon has service as well, ensuring coverage that Nextel users could only dream of.

    This iDEN or I'll die attitude here in these forums is quite something to laugh at, not only becacsue the rational behind it is completely absurd, but overly wrong in every conceivable objective dimension.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Where the grass is greener.
    Posts
    1,178
    Phones
    Motorola KRZR K1M
    i580
    i860
    Carriers
    Sprint
    PSTN
    Feedback Score
    0
    CDMA has a larger coverage map: ONLY IF YOU INCLUDE AREAS OF ROAMING. NEXTEL'S NATIVE NETWORK IS LARGER THAN SPRINT'S NATIVE CDMA NETWORK

    CDMA has more voice bandwidth: AND MORE DROPPED CALLS DUE TO COMPRESSION AND OTHER ITEMS

    CDMA has longer standby times: ESPECIALLY WHEN TALKING TO CUSTOMER CARE...

    CDMA has better handoffs: DEPENDING ON THE MODEL OF PHONE YOU ARE USING AND WHETHER OR NOT YOU'RE IN A METROPOLITAN AREA. AND iDEN ALLOWS FOR "SAFE INTER-FREQUENCY HANDOVERS" WHICH IS DIFFICULT IN CDMA SYSTEMS

    CDMA is not based on the ancient TDMA technology: CDMA WAS INTRODUCED IN WWII... THAT'S ANCIENT.

    CDMA has real SMS messaging: AND A LAME-*** PTT SYSTEM.

    CDMA is superior for Data: ONLY ON EV-DO CAPABLE DEVICES, AND SOME CDMA PHONES AREN'T EVEN CAPABLE OF DATA AT ALL...

    CDMA is the eventual upgrade path for all mobile handset standards: NO. W-CDMA, OR 4G (OFDMA) ARE THE EVENTUAL UPGRADE PATHS...

    DO SOME RESEARCH, AND TRY AGAIN...



    I'm a "published" author now!

    Keep your neighbors from stealing your Internet!

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    728
    Phones
    iPhone 4
    iPhone
    iPhone 3G
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    I choose iDEN for reliability, which is not listed in your "facts".

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,588
    Carrier
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3(Sprint) & Alcatel Fierce (T-Mobile)
    Feedback Score
    0
    The reason i like iDEN is didn't matter if it was 105º outside my calls wolud always go thought now as for my friends on sprints CDMA hahaha NO signal Droped calls ect so i think its all how you use your phone & network! Now sence im GSM i'cant see any diffrence Call quality/call volume ect now with CDMA it sounds tinny way to loud Gsm&iDEN have a lil Bass and that just makes the call a lot better

    ( Add on: and im 100% with oracleofdelphi1 on every think he said in his post above )

    -Drew


    Drew:
    Samsung Galaxy Note: 3
    Voice & Text: Unlimited
    Data: Unlimited
    Monthly Price: $80.31 (Taxes Included)
    32GB Internal Storage & 128GB SDHC


    Carrier: Sprint
    Plan: Framily Line #3


    Mom:
    Samsung Galaxy Note:3 (Black)
    Voice & Text: Unlimited
    Data: Unlimited
    Monthly Price: $85.40 (Taxes Included)
    32GB Internal Storage & 32GB SDHC


    Carrier: Sprint
    Plan: Framily Line #4



  11. #41
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Where the grass is greener.
    Posts
    1,178
    Phones
    Motorola KRZR K1M
    i580
    i860
    Carriers
    Sprint
    PSTN
    Feedback Score
    0
    Here's a little bit of intrigue...

    This new phone is the ic502, right... Well, the 5** series of phones are typically ruggedized filp-phones judging by the current naming convention used by Nextel...

    What's with the number 2??? Are all of the dual mode (hybrid) phones going to be ic**2 by the model number? Does this mean that any phone ending in the numeral "2" with be dual mode? If that's the case, will the upcoming BlackBerry 8702 also be dual mode, based on this naming convention?

    Just speculating, but it's an interesting theory don't you think...

    Hmm... EV-DO on a BlackBerry with iDEN PTT...

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    10,997
    Phones
    a920 (back to)
    m610
    Feedback Score
    0
    Wirelessly posted (Samsung-SPHA800 AU-MIC-A800/2.0 MMP/2.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 Samsung-SPHA800 AU-MIC-A800/2.0 MMP/2.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

    Quote Originally Posted by oracleofdelphi1
    CDMA has a larger coverage map: ONLY IF YOU INCLUDE AREAS OF ROAMING. NEXTEL'S NATIVE NETWORK IS LARGER THAN SPRINT'S NATIVE CDMA NETWORK

    CDMA has more voice bandwidth: AND MORE DROPPED CALLS DUE TO COMPRESSION AND OTHER ITEMS

    CDMA has longer standby times: ESPECIALLY WHEN TALKING TO CUSTOMER CARE...

    CDMA has better handoffs: DEPENDING ON THE MODEL OF PHONE YOU ARE USING AND WHETHER OR NOT YOU'RE IN A METROPOLITAN AREA. AND iDEN ALLOWS FOR "SAFE INTER-FREQUENCY HANDOVERS" WHICH IS DIFFICULT IN CDMA SYSTEMS

    CDMA is not based on the ancient TDMA technology: CDMA WAS INTRODUCED IN WWII... THAT'S ANCIENT.

    CDMA has real SMS messaging: AND A LAME-*** PTT SYSTEM.

    CDMA is superior for Data: ONLY ON EV-DO CAPABLE DEVICES, AND SOME CDMA PHONES AREN'T EVEN CAPABLE OF DATA AT ALL...

    CDMA is the eventual upgrade path for all mobile handset standards: NO. W-CDMA, OR 4G (OFDMA) ARE THE EVENTUAL UPGRADE PATHS...

    DO SOME RESEARCH, AND TRY AGAIN...
    Wow talk about no facts and pure bias opinion. Do everybody a favor and lay off the caps, it just screams Fanboy.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    10,997
    Phones
    a920 (back to)
    m610
    Feedback Score
    0
    Wirelessly posted (Samsung-SPHA800 AU-MIC-A800/2.0 MMP/2.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 Samsung-SPHA800 AU-MIC-A800/2.0 MMP/2.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

    Quote Originally Posted by Hook Man
    I choose iDEN for reliability, which is not listed in your "facts".
    'Please hold while the Nextel subscriber you are trying to reach is located' reliability?

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Where the grass is greener.
    Posts
    1,178
    Phones
    Motorola KRZR K1M
    i580
    i860
    Carriers
    Sprint
    PSTN
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by tuolumne
    Wirelessly posted (Samsung-SPHA800 AU-MIC-A800/2.0 MMP/2.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 Samsung-SPHA800 AU-MIC-A800/2.0 MMP/2.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)



    'Please hold while the Nextel subscriber you are trying to reach is located' reliability?
    And "Signal Faded" "Dropped Call" is...?

    And those tidbits I provided are FACT. In fact, all of them can be found by searching google. Especially the part about CDMA being introduced during WWII, which can be found at www.wikipedia.com by referencing CDMA.

    BTW, the CAPS were to help you see through the "fog"...

    You must enjoy getting banned... Your tendency for "off-topic thread-crapping" will get you that everytime. Try posting something constructive. Start by actually getting and using an iDEN phone (since you don't have one yet) and make your comments respective to the experiences you have with Nextel. I think as a CDMA user, you suffer from what is often called iDEN-envy...
    Last edited by oracleofdelphi1; 07-01-2006 at 05:12 PM.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Canal Winchester, OH
    Posts
    504
    Phone
    IPHONE 4s
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jenna8110
    So are they eventualy going to have a phone that
    switches between CDMA and IDEN, because that's
    what I was told by Nextel customer service. I would
    be fine with that because it would choose which ever
    had better reception. As for this phone having Sprint
    for voice....if I wanted Sprint I would've signed up
    for Sprint not Nextel!
    I think this for is really going to be for the CDMA customers so they can DC their friends on Nextel or People who have Nextel now and want to migrate to CDMA but don't want to lose DC.
    What the government gives to one, it must take from another.

Page 3 of 58 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 53 ... LastLast

Bookmarks