Thread: Port number from US Cellular to Tracfone?

Feedback Score

Port number from US Cellular to Tracfone?

Hello, Can I port my US Cellular number to Tracfone? US Cellular and Tracfone in my area both use the 715-305 prefix. If I can port do I have to buy a 1 year minute card or can I just activate the new tracfone with the refer a friend and purchase minutes as I go. I am done with my UC Cellular contract and my phone is old and I don't really want to commit to another contract since I don't use my cell phone much at all and tracfone will work well for me. Thanks greycat

Phone
    LG 800G - LG 500G
    Carrier
    Tracfone - Net10
    Feedback Score
    Yes, you can port your US Cellular number to Tracfone. One note about this, however, is that Tracfone is notoriously slow in porting a number in so don't be surprised if it takes awhile. Occasionally they will surprise you and get the port done fairly quickly and other times they can be as slow as molasses. Just be patient and make sure you keep your US Cellular service active until Tracfone has finished with the port. Then you can cancel it.

And yes, you can activate with the RAF (activate your phone online and you'll get 140 units total with a 120 day expiration) and you can also buy minutes as you need them. No need to buy the one year card.

Feedback Score
    Hello dd78749, Thanks for the info, greycat

Phone
    LG 800G - LG 500G
    Carrier
    Tracfone - Net10
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by greycat
    Hello dd78749, Thanks for the info, greycat
    No problem. Hope everything works out for you.