Thread: Not accepting calls at this time?

Phones
    LG Vu CU920
    Motorola RAZR V3xx (backup)
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Not accepting calls at this time?

When trying to reach my sister, I hear a tone consisting of 5 different pitched noises (i've heard this w/ Cingular announcements before), and then the message "The person you are trying to reach is not accepting calls at this time. Please try your call again later. Message 20-4 UNY-4." Her husband's phone is on the same plan as hers, it's a family plan, and his is doing the same. She told us earlier today that her phone is "not working", but didn't go into detail. I did a little research and found that this is a message that comes up when service is disconnected, and I wanted to see if that's true or not. I tried a few friends with Cingular and this isn't happening to them. Thanks for your help in advance.

Phone
    HTC: Sensation, myTouch Slide 4G, TyTN (8525), Motorola: Cliq2, Q9h, Nokia: 6263, e62, 5300.
    Carrier
    T-Mobile & AT&T.
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by derekm2008
    When trying to reach my sister, I hear a tone consisting of 5 different pitched noises (i've heard this w/ Cingular announcements before), and then the message "The person you are trying to reach is not accepting calls at this time. Please try your call again later. Message 20-4 UNY-4." Her husband's phone is on the same plan as hers, it's a family plan, and his is doing the same. She told us earlier today that her phone is "not working", but didn't go into detail. I did a little research and found that this is a message that comes up when service is disconnected, and I wanted to see if that's true or not. I tried a few friends with Cingular and this isn't happening to them. Thanks for your help in advance.

Tell your sister its time to pay her bill.

Phones
    Samsung Captivate
    Samsung Captivate
    Motorola V3xx (retired)
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Yep, that'd be my guess. Usually that's a message that T-Mobile uses when they disconnect their subs, but I guess Cingular may use it as well.
    The 411 on Free 411
    Hanging Up on Telemarketers
    Need to waste some valuable time? Read my blog![/COLOR] Marion's Time Waster

Phones
    LG Vu CU920
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the info. Gonna have to call her at work tomorrow since they don't have a house phone and tell her to go pay her bill if she doesn't know why it's not working...lol

Phones
    Samsung Captivate
    Samsung Captivate
    Motorola V3xx (retired)
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Maybe she has it on auto-pay, and her credit card expired last month. If she didn't update the expiration date, Cingular can't charge the card, so they'll suspend service.

Phones
    LG Vu CU920
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    That could be too. I'll post an explanation later when I talk to her, especially if it's something different.

Phones
    LG Vu CU920
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Well, my sister just got back from vacation last week and I guess the bill came before they left and they forgot to pay it. Then they forgot all about it when they came back, so their phones got shut off yesterday. She paid it this morning and service was restored. Thanks for the help.

Phone
    V3xx, SLVR, PEBL
    Carrier
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by derekm2008
    Well, my sister just got back from vacation last week and I guess the bill came before they left and they forgot to pay it. Then they forgot all about it when they came back, so their phones got shut off yesterday. She paid it this morning and service was restored. Thanks for the help.
    Well that is good to hear...now let us remember to pay cingular...the money stealing god...lol...goodness, havent they even heard of a grace period...nope

Phones
    iPhone
    blackjack
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Cingular has messed up my friend's autopay a few times. The system 'deleted' his credit card info, really messed up and then they blamed him for not paying his bill...kinda sad. Took some time but he explained he had autopay setup and they looked at previous months and realized they screwed up. Still a pain to fix everytime though.