Phones
    Moto c261
    LG G4015
    Moto c139
    Carriers
    TracFone
    Feedback Score

TracFone c261 Internet Access

I just purchased a Motorola c261. It's an awesome phone, but the only downside
    is the lack of a USB connection or bluetooth, the latter which is supposedly
    disabled by the manufacturer for TracFone. My current problem is the Internet.
    I can access the Internet through TracFone's "Start Browser" link, but the "go
    to Url" or "Web Shortcut" links do not direct me to the Internet if I use a
    known working url. I receive a 403 error and get docked .50 unit each time.
    I'm currently waiting for TracFone to give me an answer. Anybody out there had
    any experience with this situation?
    Thanks.....

Phones
    Sanyo Katana (Polar White)
    Sony Ericsson S710a
    Motorola Rizr z3
    Carriers
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I was thinking about buying the c261. How is the VGA camera. How do you like it?

Carrier
    Platinumtel
    Feedback Score
    maybe its too new and data not active yet

Phones
    Moto c261
    LG G4015
    Moto c139
    Carriers
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    The VGA camera is very nice and takes quality pics, but the only way to transfer it to PC is to use MMS, since the bluetooth is disabled by the manufacturer and there doesn't seem to be a way to retreive the info by USB connection. I assume the only other way is by expensive hardware. Taking pics in nighttime conditions will not work, since there is no flash available.

Phones
    Samsung Epic 4G
    Samsung Epic 4G
    Huawei E1831 (webConnect Rocket)
    Carriers
    Sprint SERO Premium
    AT&T DataConnect Pass
    Feedback Score
    So how many photos can fit in memory? and how is the UI? Is it Moto's Synergy UI (3x3 grid) or is it the one-item scrolling one? And is there absolutely no internet on the phone or can you go anywhere?
    SERO + Android = win. HSPA+ also = win, but it isn't available everywhere :/
    Follow me on Twitter @iansltx
    1000th post on Monday, December 12th, 2005 at 9:40 PM!

Phones
    Moto c261
    LG G4015
    Moto c139
    Carriers
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    I have not used all my memory, but using an average of 20 kb per picture (biggest pic size is 40kb, smallest is 8 kb), I can store around 50 photos, depending on photo size. I was not sure about your UI question, but if your question is similar to the pics shown in this link:
    http://www.phonescoop.com/articles/m...dex.php?p=8212

then I can say the UI is pretty much the same. The Internet can be accessed, but just not on your terms. For example, I want to use google's WAP link as my default browser, but I get 403 (forbbiden) errors. I can access the world news, sports, weather etc., but to get more detail, depending on what you want, you may need a subscription. I've also learned that I could transfer 3 pictures I took (not sure how many more) to my email address by MMS, though it seems to take 2-2.5 units to do it. (1 for MMS + .5 per minute transfer) I was also reading that some providers limit your total MMS size, hence the detail on the picture transfer. Please elaborate on the IU question,thanks....

Phones
    Moto c261
    LG G4015
    Moto c139
    Carriers
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Regarding the c261 UI, here's a link to a couple of pics of the UI:

http://www.mobileburn.com/review.jsp?Page=2&Id=2298

Phones
    Samsung Epic 4G
    Samsung Epic 4G
    Huawei E1831 (webConnect Rocket)
    Carriers
    Sprint SERO Premium
    AT&T DataConnect Pass
    Feedback Score
    I looked on MobileReview.com about the phone yesterday, so a lot o my questions are answered. But so does web access (news etc.) cost 0.5 units per minute or is it free? For MMS things look reasonably cheap if you get your airtime from the right place...too bad the phone has only GPRS.

Phones
    Moto c261
    LG G4015
    Moto c139
    Carriers
    TracFone
    Feedback Score

Talking

Web access is .5 unit per minute, which isn't too bad. There's no free stuff here, everything on TracFone cost units. I didn't like that I couldn't use my own url, such as gmail. I haven't ran the Internet too much since it does take quite a few units to play around.... as soon as I get brave enough and research enough, I'll be looking around the TracFone web

Phones
    Moto c261
    LG G4015
    Moto c139
    Carriers
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    I just got a reply from TracFone (about time), here's their reply regarding Internet Access:

We are responding to your recent inquiry in regards to accessing your gmail account from the Motorola C261 TRACFONE.

TracFone provides limited internet access with our data phones. Currently, customers are not able to access their personal email accounts (i.e. hotmail, yahoo, aol, etc.) from their data phones. However, these phones have capabilities which allows our customers the ability to:

Download Ringtones, Graphics (such as wallpaper and screensavers), and provide new services such as the weather, sports, and news.

Customers are able to send and receive MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service) or picture messages.

Phones
    Sidekick 2
    Motorola c261
    Motorola v176
    Carriers
    Tracfone
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Last I heard Tracfone will offer general web browsing and E-mail account access by next summer. Their current web access is still in an early test phase.

Quote Originally Posted by ljjehl
    I just got a reply from TracFone (about time), here's their reply regarding Internet Access:[/I]

Phones
    Motorola C261
    Nokia 1100
    Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I have the c261 as well and like it okay but am also disappointed that the browser feature is very limited. I have a question though on how to send an MMS message from my email to the phone--if that even can be done I don't know. I stupidly bought some of the Tracfone $$$$ ringtones then found that there is a composer feature but was wondering if I couldn't just send an MMS with the sound to the phone instead. Any help is appreciated Thanks!

Feedback Score
    I have had the Motorola C261, with Tracfone for 2 months and I have never been able to Access the Web....I always get the error message: Network Down. I just got off the phone with Tracfone and I was told that they donot offer Web Access....hmmm, not sure that the guy knew what he was talking about. Does anyone know if I am doing something wrong to connect to the internet? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Carrier
    AIO, Cricket or whatever AT&T is calling it this week
    Feedback Score
    Boy, this is an old thread.

If you're interested in WAP access on prepaid, your only real choice is Boost Mobile. Yeah, there's a hack to get free WAP on T-Mobile To Go if you have broadband at home, but last time I explained the whole thing my post got deleted. So search and figure that one out yourself, if it interests you.

Until TracFone changes their policies, the only way to get full WAP access on the C262 / V176 phones is to reflash them. But then you're basically using a low-end unlocked GSM phone that can't run Opera Mini and they'll no longer work with TracFone's service once reflashed. Considering what TracFone charges for web access, I'm surprised they limited where you can browse to.

Phones
    Samsung Saga
    LG Chocolate V2
    Moto Q (Before it died)
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I don't know whats going on with my phone then. I can access my gmail account, and most other wap sites. I have even visited 3gForFree.com, and downloaded a few ringtones.
    I have Virgin Mobile,
    I have TracFone,
    I have Verizon.

Bam.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast