Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My Jabra BT620 / A320 review

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

My Jabra BT620 / A320 review

Iíve been using the Jabra BT620ís with the D606 for a good week as an A2DP headset and thought to post up my review

The BT620ís Iím using are a Jabra A2DP stereo headset that can also be used as a headset to make and receive calls. As such, to use the BT620ís youíll need either a A2DP phone, which the D606 is, or an A2DP dongle like the Jabra a320s

The street price of the BT620ís should be in the $150 to $200 range and the street price of the A320 A2DP class 1 dongle will be about $50 to $70

Jabra A320 A2DP dongle
    The Jabra A320 is an excellent dongle.
    It is packaged with the latest drivers to make the A320 work extremely well with your PC and add the A2DP gateway. Also, being a class 1 dongle youíll get up to 100meters range, which youíll need if you want to stream music to the Jabra BT620 or other BT A2DP stereo headsets. I bought a A320 dongle simply because of the quality of the connection and class 1

Jabra BT620 A2DP headset
    The BT620 Headset is a very well built, comfortable wearing headphone. The design is around the back and over the ears which works great when sitting upright or walking.

Unfortunately, the BT620ís design also makes it a bit tough to lay down with them on. For example, if you wanted to listen to music streaming from your PC and A320 dongle while laying down to sleep the BT620ís design make it a bit tough if you tend to move about. If you are the type of sleeper that gets into one position and donít move then go right ahead.

Sound Quality
    headphones
    Using the BT620ís as a stereo headphones was great. Nice sound, clean, clear and with the class 1 A320 A2DP dongle I was able to stream music from my PC to the headphones clear across the whole office without any breakup or distortion. The build in volume controllís and next/forward worked very well with iTUNES allowing me to skip tracks and raise/lower the volume to the headset.

Handsfree
    As a Handsfree the BT620 is average. Being that the MIC is placed on the Left earbud itís a bit of a ways away from your mouth, like most headsets. Donít get me wrong, itís fairly decent as a headset but itís not gonna take out the JX10 or Mobile Traveler for example.

The BT620 should really be viewed as A2DP stereo headset with the ability to make and receive calls.

Incoming
    The incoming audio quality was good, and is played through both left and right earbuds which is neat. Itís definitely nice and loud and works well as most Jabra headsets.

Outgoing
    The Outgoing call quality on the BT620 was surprisingly decent for what it is. Clearly the JX10 or Mobile Traveller will handle background noise better, but as a headset I was able to use it without any issues. For those of you who feel ďweirdĒ wearing a BT headset in public then the BT620ís will downright freak you out. I affectionaly call them the ďprincess LeiaísĒ since it looks like her hairstyle.

Battery Life
    Jabra products seem to always deliver on their claimed battery life and the BT620ís really didnít disappoint me. Jabra claims 16 hours talktime and 14 hours music streaming. I never did get a chance to test it to itís extremities as the D606 clearly dies before I can approach the limits on the BT620. However, after a whole day of streaming music from my PC to the headset (me not listening, just streaming) at the end of the day it wasnít complaining about battery life.

Conclusions
    If youíre heavy into music the BT620ís are definitely for you. Being that they also have phone functionality you can 2 for 1 it as a headphones/headset purchase. The unit itself is built very well and is very comfortable for extended wearing. As a BT headset it does the job and has gobs of battery life to get you through your calls.

PROís
    *disgusting battery life
    *controls work well with iTUNES and Windows Media player
    *comfortable design to wear
    *incoming calls are played in both earbuds
    *If used with A2DP phone music pauses allowing you to answer

CONís
    *outgoing quality not all that spectacular
    *Not a good design to sleep with
    *Very strange look from the public

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson Xperia X1i (HTC Kovsky)
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers (Canada) | Vodaphone (Australia) | M1 (Singapore) | AIS One-2-Call (Thailand) | AT&T (USA)
    Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    I saw this sales lady at the rogers store by my work yesterday with that headset.
    My question is that since my W810i doesnt have A2DP then I cant use it? She had said something about an adapter you can use?

Feedback Score
    forget it, i just read the first part of the review.........thansk

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson w810i
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    so is the a2dp profile a big enough trade for the crap fixed focus camera on the d606 vs the w810i or not? Is wireless headphone on cellphones all they're cracked up to be?

Device(s)
    T-Mobile MDA, x's 2.26 custom rom
    Carrier(s)
    cingular/att
    Feedback Score
    its supposed to be great. the whole WIRELESS stereo is awesome

Device(s)
    HTC Kaiser
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    treatz... THANK YOU for your review. After searching around via Google for some real-world user opinions, I remembered HoFo... a quick search here found this.

You have convinced me to purchase both the dongle and the BT620s... Awesome review!! I wanted to like the BT620 the moment I saw it but was aprehensive after a 'not-so-great' experience with Moto's 820s. Thanks!!!!

RP

Feedback Score
    Has anybody have any success connecting the headset to the computer? I'm having a problem with that right now. When i click, view in range, my headset wouldn't pop up in the computer.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry BOLD
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless Canada ●
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    are you putting the headset in pairing mode?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Treatz
    CONís
    *outgoing quality not all that spectacular
    *Not a good design to sleep with
    *Very strange look from the public
    lolage. (10 chars)
    Feb 2006 - April 2007

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Can someone tell me how often the outside led's flash/illuminate? I'd like to use these at the gym, but I don't care to attract attention.

Device(s)
    HD Touch
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Medpilot
    Can someone tell me how often the outside led's flash/illuminate? I'd like to use these at the gym, but I don't care to attract attention.
    Press and hold both ends in simultaneously until the lights stop flashing. I believe this is mentioned in the manual.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by szpirit
    Press and hold both ends in simultaneously until the lights stop flashing. I believe this is mentioned in the manual.
    Thanks!

It's amazing how much they are marked up at the local retail stores. One can order these on line for half the price I would pay down the street.

Device(s)
    LG DARE
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Will this headset work with my Moto Q? Or will i need that 'dongle'?...From what I understand that dongle is for the computer, correct?

Device(s)
    BB 8810 (Work)
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mbern
    Will this headset work with my Moto Q? Or will i need that 'dongle'?...From what I understand that dongle is for the computer, correct?
    The dongle is for any device with a 3.5mm headset jack that does not have A2DP Bluetooth transmission built in. You can use it to stream audio from any device without A2DP (as Treatz did) - such as a PC, MP3 player, TV, etc.

SO PRO

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast