Bout 7 hours spent on this with little or no progress...any ideas would be much appreciated.
The short of it is, phone is being detected fine by PC but not at all by Razr software.
The long of it is...
WinXP SP2. Known good USB cable, 4 day old phone. I have tried, I believe, every driver out there.
Bitpim 0.9.05 - 'Detect phone' = no phone detected...on run settings, set to V3C on com 3 (verified in device manager) and 'port detail' all looks correct. 'Detect phone' = not detected. Same settings run with Other CDMA instead, no change.
Motorola Phone Tools 4.21 - Default profile -> cable -> plug phone in -> hangs until I plug phone in, then seems like it's being setting up -> then 'moto phone tools has not detected your phone' -> Do you want to install manually (yes) -> moto usb modem, next -> not accessible or in use by another app -> manual- moto cdma, v3c- finish -> Initializing...mobile not connected.
As above - generic cdma tried, no effect.
P2K commander 3.2.6 + PST - No device found, i/o timeout, volume name fail.
Now, I HAVE gotten Motorola Phone Tools and P2K to connect once or twice each- but it always drops the connection after 30 seconds or so. 99% sure I was not doing anything different when those connections were made.