Page 4 of 211 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 54 104 ... LastLast

Thread: AT&T 3G Rollout - Latest markets launching

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Philly isnt a UMTS market currently.

I Love<3 Verizon FiOS

Device(s)
    nokia 6650,6682,6651,
    Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score

3g in ct

Check your coverage maps dudes! Greenwich CT is live 3G, the I95 corridor will go live in October,Stamford,Norwalk,Bridgeport,New Haven as well as Hartford-----3 gizzels

Device(s)
    iPhone 6+, Google Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cingular#1
    3g in sacramento went live, now it testing phase
    Any word on Los Angeles?
    AT&T... your world, throttled.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon/ share everything
    Feedback Score
    I'm guessing Philadelphia is out. Like always

Device(s)
    Samsung Blackjack
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cingular#1
    Any idea when the Bay Area's 3G network is going to get some love? I found lots of holes in areas supposedly covered by 3G a few weeks ago. Is there any work going on there?

Redwood Valley, CA/Moving back to Pocatello, ID in April, 2018
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 8, LG V30, Samsung Gear S3 Frontier, LG K20 V, Nexus 6, Moto E
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T (prepaid)
    Feedback Score
    The Bay Area coverage for 3G is TINY, no east bay, no north bay. I'm 115 miles north of SF myself, up here in Mendocino County, served by Cingular's Affiliate Edge Wireless, and they are working on deploying UMTS/HSDPA in their areas as well.

Device(s)
    HTC i-Mate SP5m, Samsung CU320(3G Data Device), Motorola V557, Nokia 6620, Sharp Hiptop 1(unlocked)
    Carrier(s)
    1. Pacific Bell Mobile Services GSM and ATTWS TDMA\GSM
    Feedback Score
    **** yes! I was right Fall '06, hopefully it will be like VZ's EVDO rollout, Covered Sacramento, Roseville and Auburn, so as its done being tested here I come 3G!!!

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 8, LG V30, Samsung Gear S3 Frontier, LG K20 V, Nexus 6, Moto E
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T (prepaid)
    Feedback Score
    Now they need to get it to the rest of the Sacramento and Northern Sacramento Valley's! Oh, push it further north across the Bay into Marin and Sonoma Counties too. At the rate they're going, I'll probably have it here from Edge (who is deplying UMTS/HSDPA in their areas, though I don't have a time schedule on it) before any of that happens though lol The closest 3G we have right now is Verizon Wireless's EVDO, which ends 50 miles south of us in Healdsburg in Sonoma County, we're still 1x and EDGE up here.

That is good to hear about Sacramento though, how far north does it go, Woodland? I know Verizon's EVDO goes as far north as Lincoln.
    Last edited by ilvla2; 08-01-2006 at 03:44 AM.

Device(s)
    HTC i-Mate SP5m, Samsung CU320(3G Data Device), Motorola V557, Nokia 6620, Sharp Hiptop 1(unlocked)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    The Bay Area coverage for 3G is TINY, no east bay,
    IIRC, Oakland is east bay
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T (prepaid)
    Feedback Score
    Yeah, that's true, I was thinking more like Martinez, Brentwood, Pittsburg, Antioch, Hercules, Concord, etc. though.
    Last edited by ilvla2; 08-01-2006 at 04:05 AM.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    That is good to hear about Sacramento though, how far north does it go, Woodland? I know Verizon's EVDO goes as far north as Lincoln.
    Lincoln, eh, I've had EVDO all the way up to Auburn on 193 when there was service

Heres what Sacramento 3G on Cingular should look like (this map is a little dated, i added known coverage on Hwy 49 where I know theres EV coverage there where this map showed none)

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T (prepaid)
    Feedback Score
    If it's like that, it should be good, though I will be very happy when 3G gets to Yuba City, Marysville, Gridley, Chico, Oroville, Red Bluff, Redding, Anderson, Williams, Colusa, Corning and Willows too My dad and I do a lot of work in those areas (he does background checks for the federal government, I do the driving and administrative stuff).

I am coming to school in Sacramento in January, to the Modoc Railroad Academy, http://www.modocrailroadacademy.com, to get my Conductors License and get on with the railroads here in CA. I'll be staying over there for about a week before Jan 1st (when classes start) and for the 8 weeks it lasts, plust I'm sure a bit too after until I get hired on. It'll be nice to have EVDO and HSDPA, I hopefully will have broadband where I will be living, but it'll be nice to have this when out and about, and as a backup in my place.

Edit-The Academy's yards and equipment are actually in Pleasant Grove, they do in-class and outdoor work on actual railroad equipment and cars. The railroads are booming, and will need 100,000+ new workers in the next few years to meet the demand, I will be one of those
    Last edited by ilvla2; 08-01-2006 at 04:24 AM.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I am coming to school in Sacramento in January, to the Modoc Railroad Academy, http://www.modocrailroadacademy.com, to get my Conductors License and get on with the railroads here in CA. I'll be staying over there for about a week before Jan 1st (when classes start) and for the 8 weeks it lasts, plust I'm sure a bit too after until I get hired on. It'll be nice to have EVDO and HSDPA, I hopefully will have broadband where I will be living, but it'll be nice to have this when out and about, and as a backup in my place.
    Well, Welcome to the area, which you already know pretty well, nice to have fellow hofo'ers close. I get spoiled by living near a "metro city" EVDO, EDGE(which im on right now BTW damn good) I get all the goodies pretty quick

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T (prepaid)
    Feedback Score
    Thanks! Yeah, we go down there somewhat often, and I lived in Sac for a year (on Marconi Ave, between Watt and Fulton). I really like the area a lot, it'll be nice to be back for a while, and I may be staying there, depending on where in CA I get hired on. I am hoping to get on with Amtrak or Amtrak California, but somebody like Metrolink (SoCal), Coasters, Metrorail, SacLightRail, Caltrain etc. would be great too. I'll be very happy with a freight railroad too, though passenger trains offer better hours (well, except for the long distance trains that is, they run all day and all night)

We've got EDGE (via Edge Wireless) and 1X (via Verizon and US Cellular) here, and Edge Wireless is working on deploying UMTS/HSDPA soon too. Verizon said they plan to have it in all of their areas by the end of next year, we'll see I guess I have an EVDO phone, the V3m, now I need a HSDPA phone, that LGCU500 looks nice, what do you think? I would love to have a 3G enabled PDA phone, I LOVE my MDA (using it on Cingular with the custom 2.24 firmware for the 8125), and I spent a good chunk on it, so I will probably have to wait on that. Besides, it does do 802.11G WiFi, and that beats any EVDO or HSDPA in speed. Most hotels we stay in have it for free, and it's in a lot of cities now, I wonder if Sac has plans for a citywide WiFi network? I've got in our house too, very nice to be able to go outside or around the house and use it on my laptop or MDA!
    Last edited by ilvla2; 08-01-2006 at 04:41 AM.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Thanks! Yeah, we go down there somewhat often, and I lived in Sac for a year (on Marconi Ave, between Watt and Fulton). I really like the area a lot, it'll be nice to be back for a while, and I may be staying there, depending on where in CA I get hired on. I am hoping to get on with Amtrak or Amtrak California, but somebody like Metrolink (SoCal), Coasters, Metrorail, SacLightRail, Caltrain etc. would be great too. I'll be very happy with a freight railroad too, though passenger trains offer better hours (well, except for the long distance trains that is, they run all day and all night)

We've got EDGE (via Edge Wireless) and 1X (via Verizon and US Cellular) here, and Edge Wireless is working on deploying UMTS/HSDPA soon too. Verizon said they plan to have it in all of their areas by the end of next year, we'll see I guess I have an EVDO phone, the V3m, now I need a HSDPA phone, that LGCU500 looks nice, what do you think? I would love to have a 3G enabled PDA phone, I LOVE my MDA (using it on Cingular with the custom 2.24 firmware for the 8125), and I spent a good chunk on it, so I will probably have to wait on that. Besides, it does do 802.11G WiFi, and that beats any EVDO or HSDPA in speed. Most hotels we stay in have it for free, and it's in a lot of cities now, I wonder if Sac has plans for a citywide WiFi network?
    Yeah this area is'nt too bad I really like it also, The Light Rail System is really nice BTW same for Amtrak. For a 3G device wait till the 3G version of the 8125 comes out (i forget the name) and for me an EVDO I use Sprint's Network better built out IMO. That would be pretty cool if Sacramento got a WLAN Network it'd be nice for me (I work in Sac sometimes commuite to SF now and then)

Page 4 of 211 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 54 104 ... LastLast