Thread: Block Incoming Calls (specific number) w/RAZR?

Phone
    Motorola RAZR V3C
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Block Incoming Calls (specific number) w/RAZR?

I have a company that calls me three times a day - getting tired of it. I'd simply like to block the number. However, as I read through the forums it sounds like this is not possible with my RAZR V3.

I did a search and read in a number of posts on this forum stating it cannot be done, however, I stumbled across a post on a cingular forum where the poster claims it can be done: http://forums.cingular.com/cng/board...ssage.id=73174

Apparently the directions are:

Settings

Security

Restrict calls

Incoming calls

Allow: Address Book

And this will apparently block any call that is not in your address book. However, on my phone I do not have a "restrict calls" option.

I am with T-Mobile.

Can anyone shed some light on this matter? Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by Bigdog454; 08-08-2006 at 10:02 AM.

Carriers
    Fido (Snoopy's Dog House)
    Feedback Score
    Go to www.xlr8.us/hofo to find out how to add the restrict calls menu to your phone. I just did it last nite and it works.

OR, you can re-program your conditional divert (forward if busy) back to the number of the company that keeps calling you, so when they call, you simply press END and it bounces the call back to their own number. GSM has been out for more than 10 years in north america, im supprised people still dont know its capable of doing this.
    My Feedback
    I put the "Ho" back in "HOFO"

Phone
    Motorola RAZR V3C
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    What specific action is it that adds the restrict calls menu to my phone?

Thanks for the help,

Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Paolo
    Go to www.xlr8.us/hofo to find out how to add the restrict calls menu to your phone. I just did it last nite and it works.

OR, you can re-program your conditional divert (forward if busy) back to the number of the company that keeps calling you, so when they call, you simply press END and it bounces the call back to their own number. GSM has been out for more than 10 years in north america, im supprised people still dont know its capable of doing this.
    I have heard of that call divert, but had no idea that is what it does. I hate that there are so many things that you can do with GSM that I don't know about.
    Current Device: White Out Moto X 32GB
    THE RULES!
    Please report all inappropriate posts by clicking the dark triangle at the bottom of the post.

Carriers
    Fido (Snoopy's Dog House)
    Feedback Score
    you can basically forward a call on the fly by pressing the end key... its a special forward you have to program in by a code or entering it in the menus.

Phone
    Motorola RAZR V3C
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I was able to get P2Kman downloaded, but I can't seen to get it to communicate with my phone - any tricks?

Also, is there anyone who could further break down the steps to allow me to have the restrict calls function operational on my V3C? - it's apparent that most (if not all) of you are a few lights years ahead of my understanding.

Thanks for the help.

Phones
    V6 MAXX (LD)
    V3i iTunes
    V3i Non-iTunes
    Carrier
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Bigdog, you have a V3c and your on T-Mobile?

A real quick fix, just to stop the ringing from that company is to enter the number into your phonebook. Then change the distinctive ringtone to NONE. Unless your looking at the phone, you will never know they are calling.
    V6 MAXX on Cingular
    S/W Version: R26117LD-AS_U_98.30.72AR
    Flex Version: USVOLANST678KTR2611703E

Phone
    Blackberry 8830 (red)
    Carrier
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    It is asking me for an unlock code? Anyone know what that is defaulted too? 4 digits?