Thread: my SE HBH-IV835 review:

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

my SE HBH-IV835 review:

I have used the HBH-IV835 off and onn with the HBH-610a for the past few weeks and finished up their respective usage so here's the review.
    http://www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?...p4_1&pid=10417

Sound Quality
    Incoming
    The HBH-IV835 has very good sound quality on the incoming side. This of course is because of its in-ear design. The headset is more then loud enough for my liking and the voices are very clean and crisp and sound natural. /

outgoing
    the outgoing quality was decent enough for a headset. The DSP works well but you can certainly tell when it's on exibiting the same sound characteristics as the HBH-610a. It gives your voice that digital warble. However, digital sound aside it's a matter of preference for you. What's worse, robo voice or intelligible audio. For me it's intelligible audio so I can live with robo voice.

Battery Life
    The battery life on the HBH-IV835 isn't the greatest. Becasue of it's small size SE claims a talk/standby times of 3.5 / 160 hours respectively. I was able to get 3 hours of various chatting out of it and it started beeping at me. You'll definately need to charge this unit nightly if you're heavy with voice services.

Charging
    The HBH-IV835 is compatible with the new SE fastport connector, or the mini-plug inclusive in the HBH-IV835 packaging. the mini plug is basically just a small fast port connector with the 2 charging pins. You can use the regular fastport chargrer or the mini plug. Whichever you choose

Size / Weight
    The HBH-IV835 is a very small, very light (10g) headset. It's very comfortable to wear when it stays in your ear I had a very hard time getting it to stay put in my ear canal since there is no external arm support like the Jabra JX10 if you need it. I tried the different ear canal rubber gels and none of them seemed to fit me enough so I could wear the unit without worry. If you move around a lot this headset will most likely fall out. If you're stationary in office talking you should be ok. There were just to many instances of it falling out of my ear and under my gas / break / cluth pedal's for my liking.

Conclusions
    the HBH-IV835 is a good headset, but the fit in your ear is very much an issue for me. It very well could be an issue for a lot of people as none of the 3 sized seemed to work well with my ear canal. The lack of an external arm is also a bit of an issue for myself.

Other then the fitment issues the quality of the build was very good and the nice black onyx looking headset is clean and classic. Battery life isn't the greatest but something of this size tends to not have room for the largest batteries.

PRO's
    *Very solidly build headset
    *very "corporate" looking
    *excellent incoming audio quality
    *DSP
    *BT 2.0
    *fastport connector for W810 / W600 users

CON's
    *won't stay in ear
    *weaker battery life
    *DSP tends to robotize your voice in louder areas
    *in ear design may not be liked

Carrier(s)
    Fido... I mean rogers...whatever it's all the same
    Feedback Score
    hmmm... nice review but I wouldn't buy... it doesn't look comfy

Feedback Score
    I found the same things on the IV835 (good incoming, overactive DSP on the outgoing, marginal fit) and can add the following:

Pros
    - fasted call transfers of any in-ear BT headset (I've tried them all)

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by md80
    I found the same things on the IV835 (good incoming, overactive DSP on the outgoing, marginal fit) and can add the following:

Pros
    - fasted call transfers of any in-ear BT headset (I've tried them all)
    Ah yes, i forgot to mention that.. it did connect really fast.
    thanks for the reminder

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson Xperia X1i (HTC Kovsky)
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers (Canada) | Vodaphone (Australia) | M1 (Singapore) | AIS One-2-Call (Thailand) | AT&T (USA)
    Feedback Score

Device(s)
    HTC Magic, iPhone 3G 8GB
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    For me personally, my biggest complaint was with the main button, theres no tactile feel for it, and the only way you know the button has been pressed if by listening to the tiny clicking noise from the headset. this is especially annoying when you cant consistently redial. i find myself pressing it numerous times before it actually works.

Device(s)
    SE K800i
    Carrier(s)
    gsm
    Feedback Score
    wow

this is the WORLDS MOST HORRIBLE head set. IT WONT STAY IN UR EAR

take that 150 $ and buy the MOTORLA H700.
    what a piece of crap, i wouldn t even buy it if it was 0.99 $ so anoying ! had it on for 3 min and I got so mad.

ok.....

at least it paired with no password on my k800. i was only impressed there !

Device(s)
    C902, iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    chatr
    Feedback Score
    Where did you guys buy this BT headset? Is this available locally in GTA?
    BB no more. BB 9780 Bold + BES 4.1 + Corporate Plan = *heart*

Device(s)
    Razr V3xx
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, the new Big Brother
    Feedback Score
    You should try using it with the included lanyard. I hate trying to keep any bluetooth unit in or on my ear for any extended period, but with the lanyard, you can hang this thing around your neck and have it at the ready. Then when you get a call, just jam it in your ear. This is very fast, and it's my favorite aspect of using this unit. Any of the other units with ear pieces are really difficult to attach to your ear quickly, particularly if you wear glasses, and they all become very uncomfortable after a while if you try to wear them continually. This unit solves the issue of being able to quickly attach the unit when a call comes in. It will almost always stay in place in your ear long enough to complete a reasonable call. I've been on the phone for an hour with it, without having any problem. Of course, if it does come out during a conversation... say a pretty girl walks by and the resulting head turn causes the item to fall out... well, if it's on the lanyard, you just grab it and jam it back in.

This is my favorite unit so far, and I've tried a bunch. Most of them are just impossible to attach to my ear quickly enough when a call comes in and I am driving.

-nfsmith

The HBH-IV835 is a very small, very light (10g) headset. It's very comfortable to wear when it stays in your ear I had a very hard time getting it to stay put in my ear canal since there is no external arm support like the Jabra JX10 if you need it. I tried the different ear canal rubber gels and none of them seemed to fit me enough so I could wear the unit without worry. If you move around a lot this headset will most likely fall out. If you're stationary in office talking you should be ok. There were just to many instances of it falling out of my ear and under my gas / break / cluth pedal's for my liking.

Feedback Score
    One month after i bought it, the battery started to run out very quickly. I sent it to service with the guarantee and recieved a new one.
    Now, 1.5 year later the same problem appeared. It looks like the batteries used in this model are not so good!
    I opened the device and saw that the battery is a small cylindrical (first, i thought it was a capacitor and i was astonished!) one. But has no model id on it. Only a 'sl01b' and a number. Does anyone know what kind of battery this is and where i can buy one?
    Or should i go to the sony ericsson service again?
    Thank you

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    I would just go buy a newer & different headset.
    2010 = Sony Ericsson x10a, iPhone 4 32GB
    >*<<*<*
    2009 = iPhone 3G (White), Blackberry 8900, HTC Dream, Blackberry 9000, Blackberry Bold 9700
    >*<<*<*
    2008 = Sony Ericsson w810i, Nokia N95-3, Nokia E71-2, Blackberry Bold
    >*<<*<*
    2007 = Nokia 5300, Nokia N73ME, Sony Ericsson W580i, Sony Ericsson K850i
    >*<<*<*
    2006 = Samsung A740, Samsung D600, Samsung D900, Samsung A900, Nokia 3220

Device(s)
    SE X1a, Nokia N97-1, iPhone 3G(S)
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    i just purchases the upgrade IV840 in hk a few days ago
    will give some feedback soon
    feels a bit lighter then the 835
    TESTED MOBILES
    Ericsson T28W
    Nokia 8890,8860,8260,8290,6100, 6590,3390,6188,3360,3120b, 3230, 3220b,6680, 6300b
    Samsung SGH-S200,S307,E730,P207, G600, U700
    Motorola C333/C332,V70*now*,V66,T720G,V60i/g,A668, E680i, V3, A1200
    SonyEricsson T68i,T39m/mc,T300,T610/616*now*,Z600,T630/637,K700i *now* (w/HBH-660),V802SE (Z800i flash)*now*,Z520a/i, P900i, K790a/800i, W600i *now*, W810i *now* , W850i*now*, P1i*sold*, K850, W995, X1a
    Panasonic GD55,GD88, G51M, MX3/7
    Sharp 903SH,GX22, TM100