Thread: Do tracfone cards expire?

Feedback Score

Do tracfone cards expire?

I know some prepaid cards have expiration dates on the card (i.e. Vmobile) even if you don't create a PIN for the card. Do tracfone cards expire even if they are not added to a phone? TIA!

Phone
    LG 800G - LG 500G
    Carrier
    Tracfone - Net10
    Feedback Score
    Yes, they expire one year from the date of purchase.

See the third sentence under ADDING AIRTIME from the T&Cs here: http://www.tracfone.com/content/terms_conditions.jsp

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dd78749
    Yes, they expire one year from the date of purchase.

See the third sentence under ADDING AIRTIME from the T&Cs here: http://www.tracfone.com/content/terms_conditions.jsp
    Thank you. I couldn't seem to find it anywhere. I am new to tracfone. I have delt with t-mobile and vmobile before and the dates are printed on the cards themselves. I couldn't find any information on the cards. Thanks alot. This will limit the number of phones/cards I buy under the current Nokia 2600 deal.

Phone
    LG 800G - LG 500G
    Carrier
    Tracfone - Net10
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by boulos
    Thank you. I couldn't seem to find it anywhere. I am new to tracfone. I have delt with t-mobile and vmobile before and the dates are printed on the cards themselves. I couldn't find any information on the cards. Thanks alot. This will limit the number of phones/cards I buy under the current Nokia 2600 deal.
    No problem. Glad to help.

Carriers
    Airvoice
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score

Tracfone card expiration

I bought four 100 minute cards about six months ago on Ebay that came with unactivated Nokia 5180iP refurbished phones. I do not know the original date of purchase, but these phones are "long in the tooth" and I'm betting they were officially sold from the TracFone website store at least one or two years ago. I've used two in the last few months, and am willing to bet that the other two will still be good when I need them.

I have seen the claim made somewhere that TracFone referral minutes never expire, even though TracFone's official stand is that they expire one year from being issued, also.

TracFone seems to be a lot more liberal with minutes and service than they state. TracFone also states that referral minutes do not include service date extension, but nearly all of them do, except for cases where they are manually issued from Customer Service.