Thread: Cell tower question

Feedback Score

Cell tower question

I just got off the phone with 3 different boost reps and i got 2 different answers. My question was:
    Does boost mobile run off of Nextel's cell thingy's on the towers or does boost have their own cell thingy's on all the towers..??
    I got 2 reps saying that boost runs their own private cell thingy on the towers and the other rep said that boost share's the same cell thingy as nextel, the only difference is the boost logo is changed to say boost when it see's a boost sim card...

BTW *thingy means those vertical rectangular things that shoot out the signal. Done forgot what those things are called so they are thingy's for now..

Thanks
    iPhone 4S on AT$T
    Sprint usb 598 on Boost Mobile

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by celluser7
    I just got off the phone with 3 different boost reps and i got 2 different answers. My question was:
    Does boost mobile run off of Nextel's cell thingy's on the towers or does boost have their own cell thingy's on all the towers..??
    I got 2 reps saying that boost runs their own private cell thingy on the towers and the other rep said that boost share's the same cell thingy as nextel, the only difference is the boost logo is changed to say boost when it see's a boost sim card...

BTW *thingy means those vertical rectangular things that shoot out the signal. Done forgot what those things are called so they are thingy's for now..

Thanks
    Boost is a Nextel MVNO. They use Nextel's network. Anywhere you can get a Nextel signal, you can get a Boost signal.

Phones
    Moto I455
    Moto I415
    LG 4750
    Carriers
    Boost
    Feedback Score
    if you look at boost coverage maps,then go to Nextel & look at their maps they are Identical.Also,like I stated in a previous post,I signed up for "my Nextel",& all I have is boost.It just shows me what boost services I have,etc.
    so,I would have to say that Boost is nothing more than Nextel Prepaid,under a different company name/seperate division.
    Here is a link to all cellular MVNO's
    http://www.mobilein.com/what_is_a_mvno.htm
    Last edited by coolsystems; 08-13-2006 at 12:09 PM.

Phones
    Nokia 3220
    Motorola V330
    Samsung X495
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Those Cell thingys are called "Cells" which is why your phone is a "Cell" Phone

As Stated above Boost is a MVNO running on Nextel. The Nextel Network is the Boost Network