Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 8300 Ringtone / Dun / Evdo / Mp3 / Video / Bluetooth / Wap / Flash / Wallpaper

Feedback Score

Lightbulb 8300 Ringtone / Dun / Evdo / Mp3 / Video / Bluetooth / Wap / Flash / Wallpaper

8300 Information Collection

SPECIAL THANKS TO MMS FOR HIS GUIDE SOME INFO HAS BEEN COPIED

If anyone has anything to add or any corrections to make let me know

**If info is not original I will include the name of the person who contributed the information if at all possible

Enable DUN
    http://howardforums.com/showthread.p...highlight=8300
    Thanks to randyman for a great guide

Disable EVDO
    This is done for people who do not live in an EVDO area and or use VCAST It can help save battery life
    1.Hit the OK button in the center of your directional keys.
    2.When the menu appears hit 0.
    3.You will then be prompted to enter the service code. The code is six zeros “000000”.
    4. Hit 3 "Network Select"
    5. Hit 1 "Mode Preference
    6. Select "1X Only" Hit "OK" then END
    In the signal area you should see only 1X now ( this does not affect text messaging or anything besides VCAST)

Enable MP3 Support - Mentioned in many places - Copied from MMS's guide
    1.Hit the OK button in the center of your directional keys.
    2.When the menu appears hit 0.
    3.You will then be prompted to enter the service code. The code is six zeros “000000”.
    4.In the service menu, choose number 11. “Music Setting”
    5. Select Enable MP3.

In order to actually Play MP3's you will need:

1. a MicroSD / Tflash card.
    2. to create a directory/folder on the card named /my_mp3
    3. MP3's that are placed directly into the my_mp3 folder. Files in subdirectories will not be registered.
    4. to ensure that your MP3 Titles are not too long for the phone to handle. If files do not play some recommend cutting down

the length of the titles to around 30 characters or less.

To enable the buttons on the front of the phone Menu, settings & tools, 5 ( or phone settings ), 2 (or Shortcut Key), 5 (or Play key), then choose my MP3s and press ok

Wallpapers
    Resolution: (Inside) 176x184 (Front) 96x96
    You can find some here contributed by seemerollin and DesertEagle7
    http://howardforums.com/showthread.p...=Official+8300
    Resize your own using a great (freeware) program called IrfanView http://www.download.com/IrfanView/30...=dl&tag=button
    To add them using bitpim go to the images area right click and use the add option when you are done hit send phone data and select wallpapers and hit "OK"

Flash Wallpapers
    http://howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=942175
    Thanks to toddthefrog

Connecting 8300 via Bluetooth (Windows XP SP2)
    On the computer Start>Control Panel>Bluetooth Devices>Options Tab>Check all boxes in this area then hit "OK"
    On 8300 Hit "OK" navigate to "Settings & Tools" Hit 7 "Bluetooth" Hit 1. "Add New Device" It will search and your PC name will come up (Hopefully) Hit "OK" to pair enter

anything for the passkey. You should then get a pop on your pc informing you a bluetooth device wishes to connect click the baloon and enter the same passkey then hit

Next. You should see the bluetooth icon in the tray double click it In the devices tab highlight the VX8300 and hit "Properties" go to the services tab and put a check in any

and all boxes. Go to the "Com Ports tab" and select add then select "Outgoing" Use the drop down menu to select the 8300 then service BT DIAG should show up in the

box below Hit "OK" then hit "OK" Thats it! Once you configure bitpim in the preferences area it should be able to find your phone just fine.

Free WAP
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...light=8300+wap
    thanks to ender519

Videos - (Requires MicroSD card)
    First, to convert the files download Mpegable here Mpegable is able to convert most any type of video file. There are few

exceptions. Once you have downloaded Mpegable, do the following:

1. Open up Mpegable x4 live . The program will open up and there will be a few windows in there. The only one you have to

worry about is the one that says setting in there.

2. Start out by hitting the browse button in the input box (the one with a number 1 and a circle around it) and then

selecting the movie you wish to convert.

3. Then in the encoding profile box (the one with the 3) scroll down until you see the option that says "Mobile devices (3GPP

compliant)", click it and hit apply settings.

4. Next click the video encoding tab at the top. In the video bitrate box there should be two things; video bitrate and video

codec. I like to set the bitrate to 192 kBit/s and that works great, but you can increase it or decrease it to your liking

(the larger you make it the better the quality but the larger the file will be and after going higher than about 362 kBit/s

it starts to go bad). Then for the codec make
    sure that it is set on ISO MPEG-4 (Mpegable)

5. Next click the audio encoding tab. For this one i usually set the bitrate to 96 kBit/s but once again alter it to your

liking. Then for your audio codec make sure it is set up MPEG-4 AAC. Then for the other things i usually just leave them as

same as input.

6. Next hit the image preprocessing tab. Once there hit the setup butting in the cropping/resizing box. Once in there make

sure you select QCIF (176x144) in the absolute box size. Then hit OK.

7. Next click the interoperability tab. In there make sure that you select the bullet thing next to where it says 3GPP. Once

you've selected that change the video codec to Mpeg-4 sp @ level 0 and the audio codec to AAC.

8. Now all you have to do is go back to the Basic I/O tab and hit the red circle (record) button in the start encoding box

and it should make the file for you. It will automatically put the movie in the same folder where the original was.
    Next, to place your newly converted file on your SD Card do the following:
    1. Access the file system by choosing 'file system' from the tree in BitPim's left most side bar. Navigate to /mmc1/my_flix

(/ >> mmc1 >> my_flix) drag your newly formatted movies into the my_flix folder or right click on my_flix and select “new

file”.

Ringtones
    Go to the ringers area in Bitpim and in the empty space right click and hit add select a music file preferably one that has been shortened using audacity or something

similar. In the channels area make it 2 channels and for bitrate you can make it anything from 64 to 128 I'd say.

Alternatively you can email your self ringtones (costs .25) open up your email and send an email to your 10digitphone#@vzwpix.com and attach the sound when you get the

msg on your phone hit the right soft button for options and save it
    Last edited by Saturn~Ascends; 08-15-2006 at 12:20 AM. Reason: Minor Changes

Phones
    VX9900 enV
    VX8300
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Thanks alot for taking the time to post that. I bookmarked it for easy reference as I am a newbie with this phone.
    Laurel

Phone
    Chocolate 3
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    The front wallpaper should be 96x81 (not 96x96) because the top VZW signal/battery banner takes up 15 pixels. If you make a 96x96 and set it as front wallpaper, the aspect ratio will be wrong and your image will be shown distorted.

Phone
    VX8360
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    You might want to edit the colors at the top of your post. It's annoying and the green is barely visible with the light blue background.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bfavre444
    The front wallpaper should be 96x81 (not 96x96) because the top VZW signal/battery banner takes up 15 pixels. If you make a 96x96 and set it as front wallpaper, the aspect ratio will be wrong and your image will be shown distorted.

okay I will fix that

Actually It appears I can no longer edit that post so, If a mod could do it that would be great
    Last edited by Saturn~Ascends; 08-15-2006 at 11:05 AM.

Phones
    BlackBerry 8830
    enV/Voyoger
    AUDIOVOX 9900 (I MISS YOU)
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    when i go to start menu and control panel i dont have a bluetooth option there. how else can i get to it, i used to have it weird...

Feedback Score
    thanks, i bookmarked this as well!!

Feedback Score
    Not a problem

Phones
    BlackBerry 8830
    enV/Voyoger
    AUDIOVOX 9900 (I MISS YOU)
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    can we just use the 8100 drivers for this?

Feedback Score
    I wish a MOD would sticky this, Since these questions are so commonly asked and theyre is an 8100 sticky already

Phone
    E815
    Carrier
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    I've been spending countless hours trying to find all of which you have put into one post!! Very helpful and much appreciated!!!

Phones
    Samsung Fascinate
    Samsung Fascinate
    LG Voyager Titanium
    Carrier
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Pretty good stuff all in one place too. All that's missing is a link to vx8300blogspot

Feedback Score
    Just to let everyones know. You can go to nextpimp.com (which is a nextel website) and download all the ringtones and wallpaper's that you would ever possiably want for FREE. All you have to do is save the ringtones and wallpaper in a file then use BitPim to download them to your phone. I have downloaded many ringtones to my phone and they work great I am currently trying the wallpaper and will post back later with the results.

Phone
    E815
    Carrier
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    wow, cool... thanks for the info, i'll have to check that out once I get a cable and the phone here in the next day or two.

Phones
    lg-vx8300
    lg-vx8100
    Carrier
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    i cant get my computer to connect to my phone via bluetooth on bitpim. i can pair the phone with the computer...put in the same passkey and bitpim never recognizes it...i can also do DUN bluetooth ...what am i doing wrong? i have a dell computer with sp2..the error i get from bitpim is lg vx8300: the phone is not responding while transitioning mode from none to brew. please help as i dont have a usb cable yet thanks

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast