Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: CU500 remove Java permission prompt how-to

Feedback Score

Joy!

Ahahahaha. It works. This phone is now perfect for my needs. Thanks for all the help!

Anyone figure out how to run MobiRadio with it flipped closed yet?

Device(s)
    iphone (1.1.2 jailbroken, unlocked) Motorola V3xx GOLD
    Carrier(s)
    cingular or at&t i have no clue anymore
    Feedback Score

Exclamation

hey, i just did this as well and instead of deleting and re installing your apps i just chose the "version update" option and it totally works that way too! that way you keep your bookmarks and everything is just fine!

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Incidentally, if you don't want to give all apps access to things like User Data and Multimedia Recording, just take the entries that are already there and change them from oneshot: to allow: instead of adding a bunch of new ones.

Device(s)
    iphone (1.1.2 jailbroken, unlocked) Motorola V3xx GOLD
    Carrier(s)
    cingular or at&t i have no clue anymore
    Feedback Score
    good idea.

Device(s)
    BlackJack Stock WM5
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Don't worry if you didn't backup the permission file...I did a factory reset and EVERYTHING was reset, deleted all my ringtones and contacts too. But when I re did the java hack the file was exactly like new, hence I had to re-do the hack.

Device(s)
    Nokia 6126
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Loaded qpst & lg modem driver 4.5 ok. I'am able to querry modem from control panel, phone & modem options ok. It see's the phone on com4. I run qpst config. it lists com4, enabled, no phone, baud 115200. Then I run esf explorer and it lists nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks Larry

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sillex
    Loaded qpst & lg modem driver 4.5 ok. I'am able to querry modem from control panel, phone & modem options ok. It see's the phone on com4. I run qpst config. it lists com4, enabled, no phone, baud 115200. Then I run esf explorer and it lists nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks Larry
    What version of QPST are you running? I know the CU500 is recognized by QPST 2.7 builds 91 and 215, but some other (earlier) versions apparently do not work with the CU500.

Also, once you've identified what port your CU500 is being assigned by Windows, you need to run the QPST Configuration utility and add in your CU500 and it's assigned COM port there. QPST won't see it automatically if it's using anything other than COM ports 1 or 2.

Device(s)
    LG CU500
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score

Unhappy

Okay, I think I've taken an idiot pill and need some help, although I realize this may not be the right thread to discuss USB problems. I want to do the Java permission hack, but I can't even get the computer to recognize the phone:

I downloaded and installed the LGUSB driver, but it took 3 or 4 times for it to, apparently, fully load: first wouldn't recognize on modems, then on ports, in device manager.

It looks like the phone is on COM25, but qpst (build 91) doesn't see it, saying the port is busy or not clear.

When I plug the phone in, it does not show up as a mass storage device (or anywhere) and it has a 1gig microsd card.

The phone works beautifully in all other aspects, but I can't seem to get this to fire up, and I think I need some serious handholding.

FWIW, I got the USB cable off of ebay, and I seriously doubt it's OEM (LOL!)

Any ideas?

Device(s)
    Nokia 6126
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (LG-CU500 Obigo/WAP2.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 UP.Link/6.3.0.0.0)

Thanks ranphi! I have the newest opst 2.7 215 I've did what you suggested no luck. Thanks anyway! Larry

Device(s)
    LG CU500
    Feedback Score
    This is OT but is there anyway to prevent a java app from exiting when the phone flipped closed? Some devices allow this to be set in the jad file, but I haven't seen any docs that cover specfics of the CU500's java implementation. It's annoying that the phone kills the java app when it's closed.

Device(s)
    V3xx
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    You are the MAN! Thank you sooo much. I was able to find the required software and drivers from a google search and on www.mobile-files.com. I can also confirm that this works in Vista RC1. The drivers gave all kinds of warnings, but you just need to click, continue anway. The only thing that I had to do to the phone was configure the port to use com4 and turn off mass-storage.

Thanks again.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Pearl
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    what does removing java permissions allow? thanks

Device(s)
    SE z600
    Carrier(s)
    Hello T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    awesome.. thanks for the hack

Device(s)
    V3xx
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by leesmack
    what does removing java permissions allow? thanks
    It will allow you to run certain applications without being prompted to allow a data connection, every time the program wants to use the internet. Very necessary for using google maps.

Feedback Score

Bluetooth Serial Port

How do I get QPST to recongize the Bluetooth serial port I have enabled? And how do i get my phone to recognize this serial connection?

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast