Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: CU500 remove Java permission prompt how-to

Device(s)
    A new phone
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon again! (present),
    Feedback Score
    Good Job It was very easy, only thing for some noobies is too make sure and let the phone be recognized as all the different things i.e. LG modem, LG....... then make sure to hit the diagnostics one when running QPST config. other than that all I can say is thanks!!!
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...hreadid=594906 My feedback

"Don't walk, Don't talk, Don't Blow, Don't Go"

www.andrewlongllc.com

Device(s)
    LG CU720
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    So far this thread has focused on extending the permissions allowed to Cingular's trusted domains to untrusted domains, namely:

domain: Un-trusted
    allow: data_network_1
    allow: data_network_2
    allow: comm_connectivity_options
    allow: all_app_autostart
    allow: user_data_read_capability
    allow: messaging_1
    allow: messaging_2
    allow: multimedia_recording

However, there are additional permissions that are necessary to run some really great apps such as MobyExplorer (http://www.bermin.net), GCalSync and Shozu (http://www.shozu.com/portal/). Namely these permissions include:

user data write capability (add/edit?)
    contact list write
    contact list read

Anybody have any idea how to allow these permissions?

PS This is a great listing of MIDlets that are largely not functional because of the permissions but would be killer if we can get the permissions working given the CU500s connection speeds...

http://www.blueboard.com/smalljava/

Device(s)
    BlackBerry 8800
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I use the following settings:
    domain: Un-trusted
    session: data_network_1
    session: data_network_2
    session: comm_connectivity_options
    session: all_app_autostart
    session: user_data_read_capability
    session: messaging_1
    session: messaging_2
    session: multimedia_recording

and am able to access the file system and contact list. I actually wrote a small program to import the contacts from a gmail account. So I know this is working.

Did you re-install the applications?

Device(s)
    BlackBerry 8800
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I just went to the MobilExplorer site. The problem here is that this is a Thawte Certificate signed application. We have only modified the permissions for non-signed applications. You should be able to download the unsigned jar and have it work (this is how I have my custom app running).

Or you can modify more permissions. Look for the Thawte permission sections (looks like there are two) and add the missing permissions. You would need to do this for all the different certificates for the applications you want to use, so it is probably easier to use the unsigned version.

I downloaded the signed version and the application was able to get the initial file system, but then got security errors. By downloading the unsigned version (note: you need to scroll down a little to see the link), the application works great.

Thanks for mentioning this application.

Device(s)
    LG CU720
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Legend:

Yes, I tried the unsigned version after I made the posting and it seems to be somewhat working. I am still getting errors when I try uploading a file from my phone to the remote site. The file uploads but then I get a timeout error" "421: Timeout (no new data for 900 seconds). Also the refresh option and several other options do not work.

Furthermore, Shozu will not even install using the jad file. I get an error saying that "no authorization for the requested operation."

http://www.shozu.com/d/java/shozu.jad

I can directly install the jar file but then the application continues to give errors. "Activation Error: Record Store Ex..."

Device(s)
    LG CU720
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Shozu Jad File

FYI, this is the Shozu JAD file. I imagine the permissions part is what is causing the error.

MIDlet-Name: ShoZu
    MIDlet-Version: 1.7.18
    MIDlet-Vendor: Cognima Ltd.
    MicroEdition-Profile: MIDP-2.0
    MicroEdition-Configuration: CLDC-1.1
    MIDlet-Jar-URL: http://www.shozu.com/d/java/shozu.jar
    MIDlet-Jar-Size: 223062
    MIDlet-Description: ShoZu
    MIDlet-Icon: /resources/smalllogo.png
    MIDlet-Permissions: javax.microedition.io.Connector.socket, javax.microedition.io.Connector.file.read, javax.microedition.io.Connector.file.write, javax.microedition.pim.ContactList.read, javax.microedition.pim.ContactList.write, javax.microedition.io.Connector.http
    MIDlet-1: ShoZu, /resources/smalllogo.png, SnapMIDlet

Device(s)
    LG CU720
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thelegend_16
    I actually wrote a small program to import the contacts from a gmail account. So I know this is working.
    Are you willing to share the code and/or program? That seems like a useful application given that there is no sync software. Did you see the G-Calandar Sync software on the site I listed?

Device(s)
    BlackBerry 8800
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by arturoramos
    I am still getting errors when I try uploading a file from my phone to the remote site. The file uploads but then I get a timeout error" "421: Timeout (no new data for 900 seconds). Also the refresh option and several other options do not work.
    I don't have a site handy that I can try uploading to. All my servers use secure ftp protocols which this utility doesn't appear to support. However, I was able to download and refresh from ftp://wuarchive.wustl.edu (random site) with no issues (I only grabbed the small md5 file).

I get an error saying that "no authorization for the requested operation.
    I get this on a number of files as well. I haven't figured out what is causing this yet. I get this on the GCalSync download as well.

Are you willing to share the code and/or program?
    I am planning on sharing it. I just have to create a website for it. The application will most likely only work on the cu500 (maybe other LGs?) and requires that a gmail.csv file is transferred to the phone (I am not aware of a Google API for accessing the contacts). I'll post here when I have a home for the application.

Device(s)
    LG CU720
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thelegend_16
    I get this on a number of files as well. I haven't figured out what is causing this yet. I get this on the GCalSync download as well.
    I do not get this on the GCalSync. That application seems to be working fine with my phone now... I randomly tried adding a

allow: user_data_write_capability

to my permissions because the GCalSync site stated that a known bug of their software on Cingular phones was:

Quote Originally Posted by http://www.gcalsync.com/
    On Cingular (US mobile operator), the only available option under "Read user data" and "Add and edit user data" is "Not allowed". This is due to Cingular security restrictions. "Test" fails with a SecurityException when testing phone calendar if you have this problem. Workaround:

* Under Options->Calendar address, add the private address to your calendar. How to find your calendar address.
    * Under Options->Username/password, remove the password.
    * GCalSync will now use the private address to get the calendar. The login will be skipped, and since your are not authorized you cannot add events to Google Calendar (you only get download, no upload).

Is there such a permission?

Device(s)
    BlackBerry 8800
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Is there such a permission?
    No. By setting up your java permissions (according to the start of this thread) and running the unsigned version you shouldn't run into the issue that the GCalSync site mentions.

Feedback Score
    sorry for the noob stuff guys. i just got this phone and loving it but having some troubles.

here is a pic of my pain

i don't even see where to go or what to do from here. help!

installed lgusbmodemdriver eng 4.5 exe and qspt 2-7

any help thanks

did it on two computers neither one shows any thing with "diagnostic" in it.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry 8800
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Click the "Add New Port" button and see if there is anything there.

Feedback Score
    Are you willing to share the code and/or program? That seems like a useful application given that there is no sync software. Did you see the G-Calandar Sync software on the site I listed?
    There is sync sw. Just use the LG PC Sync program with the correct USB drivers. It's been documented on the forum before.

Device(s)
    Samsung Blackjack II
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jmrwiseguy
    There is sync sw. Just use the LG PC Sync program with the correct USB drivers. It's been documented on the forum before.
    Hey, where can I download this "LG PC Sync program"? All I can find is a suite from LG that costs money.

Feedback Score
    I am having the same problem as arturoramos in that the com port shows up with no phone. I have tried another usb port with another com port it still shows up as no phone.
    jmrwiseguy suggested that I try LG PC Sync but I too cannot find this program. There are lots of Sync programs. Can someone provide a link to LG PC Sync. LG's web site does not list this program. Thanks for the help

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast