Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: CU500 remove Java permission prompt how-to

Feedback Score
    I don't have a link to it but I just used google to find it.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Can you post the link you found because I tried google and I can't find a download link.

Quote Originally Posted by jmrwiseguy
    I don't have a link to it but I just used google to find it.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Pearl
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    could someone pm me the link i cant seem to find it on google wher ei can download. thanks

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    You can find the link to the software here:

http://mobile-files.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31513

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Thank you !

Quote Originally Posted by ranphi
    You can find the link to the software here:

http://mobile-files.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31513

Device(s)
    Nexus 4
    Carrier(s)
    Tmoble, Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I have a new CU500. I see 5 jar files within the java folder.

00 is Tetris. The others I'm assuming are MobiTV, MobiRadio, and possibly the media player and etc. Now... do I DELETE them all? and reload them from my PC...

Or what. The Instructions say to reload all the java apps... or does that mean that java apps that use this like Opera need to be reloaded?

Basically I'm asking if the default java apps are ok to leave alone. There isn't a flash file to reload this thing if I screw it up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKBKqm7v6n4

Free Dedicated Chat on your Nintendo Wii. Instantly find gamers to play with online.

You can find it here.
    Search

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by player911
    I have a new CU500. I see 5 jar files within the java folder.

00 is Tetris. The others I'm assuming are MobiTV, MobiRadio, and possibly the media player and etc. Now... do I DELETE them all? and reload them from my PC...

Or what. The Instructions say to reload all the java apps... or does that mean that java apps that use this like Opera need to be reloaded?

Basically I'm asking if the default java apps are ok to leave alone. There isn't a flash file to reload this thing if I screw it up.
    You don't have to reload the apps, just go to the applications menu, then while highlighting the app, hit the "options" softkey. Select 1: Version update. It will download the latest version and then tell you that the version already exists. Replace? Select yes and it will reload the app, saving all your settings.

Device(s)
    Samsung Blackjack II
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by retired2
    I am having the same problem as arturoramos in that the com port shows up with no phone. I have tried another usb port with another com port it still shows up as no phone.
    jmrwiseguy suggested that I try LG PC Sync but I too cannot find this program. There are lots of Sync programs. Can someone provide a link to LG PC Sync. LG's web site does not list this program. Thanks for the help

Did you make sure to turn off the mass storage on the phone?

Device(s)
    Samsung Blackjack II
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Hey sort of off topic, but I noticed I can also use the EFS explorer to copy all the default ringtones to my pc as well as the message tones which happen to be mp3s. Does this mean I can copy my own small mp3 files over to the MsgTone folder on the phone and therefore give my phone custom message tones?

I might try it when I get home but would rather know if it has already been done.

Device(s)
    LG CU500
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Woo hoo! Just made the change and it works perfectly! Opera is much nicer and Google Maps is now slick and highly usable! Thanks to everyone who contributed to this great hack!

Device(s)
    Nokia N900
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

So....

I'm guessing for those of us who only run Linux, there's really no hope.....

(please, keep the OS flame wars to yourself, I've heard it all before)

Device(s)
    Samsung Blackjack II
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ElGatoFlojo
    I'm guessing for those of us who only run Linux, there's really no hope.....

(please, keep the OS flame wars to yourself, I've heard it all before)
    Well, that's why you have a windows box still around. Or dual boot. It's not that hard to get a copy of 2000.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Xamindar
    Hey sort of off topic, but I noticed I can also use the EFS explorer to copy all the default ringtones to my pc as well as the message tones which happen to be mp3s. Does this mean I can copy my own small mp3 files over to the MsgTone folder on the phone and therefore give my phone custom message tones?

I might try it when I get home but would rather know if it has already been done.
    Yes, you can change the message alerts; it works fine.

You can also change the other sounds (like the Success sound that plays when you change a setting) but some of those are aac files. You can replace those with mp3 files, just rename them from .mp3 to .aac and they will run ok. Only problem is that the code that invokes them seems to only play them for a specific amount of time so even if your mp3 is 2 seconds long it may only play for .7 seconds.

I backed mine up first just in case I screwed them up in the process.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry 8800
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by arturoramos
    Are you willing to share the code and/or program?
    Just wanted to let whomever is interested: I have finally got the code up on sourceforge. No actual release yet, as I am seeking permission not to use their File Release System, so I can just have it on the website.

http://contactimporter.sourceforge.net/

Hopefully, I'll have an update soon.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry 8800
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thelegend_16
    Hopefully, I'll have an update soon.
    I started a new thread on this, but the application can now be downloaded from the soruceforge website.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast