Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: CU500 remove Java permission prompt how-to

Feedback Score

how do i remove java security warnings on my motorola e1 rokr

can anyone please help me out i'm trying to use ultra IM pro but when ever i try to put my display pic it gives me a java security warning that its not authorised to do so by java it says checking java permission checking on it it still does the same thing

Feedback Score

Remove prompt without QPST!

Thanks so much for the wonderful info on this thread! Extremely helpful.

FYI, it is possible to do this on the CU500 without using QPST. BitPim is legal and free, and runs on Mac, Windows, and Linux. You can connect to the CU500 as "other CDMA" and access the filesystem view. There are excellent docs at the site.

I'd love to work with anyone who wants to develop full functionality for the CU500 in BitPim. Anyone have relevant experience?

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    when i connect my phone to and try to get in to qpst it does not see my phone?? when i plug my phone in my comp is reads it as removable memory. i downloaded the lg driver but it says its not made to work with windows? if any one can help me i would appreciate it.
    Thanks

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by monkey28rb
    when i connect my phone to and try to get in to qpst it does not see my phone?? when i plug my phone in my comp is reads it as removable memory. i downloaded the lg driver but it says its not made to work with windows? if any one can help me i would appreciate it.
    Thanks
    Menu, 9, 7, 2, 2 and try again.

Device(s)
    LG CU500
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Also ignore the warning about the LG Drivers. That just means they have not been certified by Microsoft, but they work just fine.

BTW, what the previous poster was indicating (I believe) is that you need to go into your phone's Communications menu under "USB Connection Mode" and select "Data mode" instead of "USB Storage Device". I am not sure if these are the exact names of things, but it definitely sounds like you are in storage mode (which is very nice if you are just trying to drag and drop some files over).

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    ok the modem drivers are installed but not when i go to qpst it does not see my phone and ive tried everything i know but it can still not find the phone.. does anyone know how i can have qpst find my phone?

Feedback Score
    thanks for the advice about using BitPim, i was able to modify the permissions file using my powerbook g4 without any problems

Device(s)
    Motorola DROID
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    LOL, my CU500 is all screwed up now after trying this. If I try to open either my Games or Applications folders, the phone freezes and then resets.

Device(s)
    Treo 750
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jbzcar
    LOL, my CU500 is all screwed up now after trying this. If I try to open either my Games or Applications folders, the phone freezes and then resets.
    do a factory reset, you'll erase everything, but your phone won't freeze anymore.

Device(s)
    LG CU500
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    I had lots of trouble getting QPST to see my phone. I'm using ver 2.7 build 91. I was going to the control panel, "Phone and Modem Options" and it was very misleading. It says the phone is on COM8. COM8 doesn't work.

Then I checked under the Device Manager, and it shows the phone on COM11. COM11 works!

Thought I would share...

Device(s)
    Nokia 6555
    Carrier(s)
    AT+T
    Feedback Score
    Ok, so my phone is set as data device (not mass storage) and I installed the LG modem drivers. But Windows can't see the device. It always pops up the "USB-Serial Controller" driver window and can't find a driver... what gives?

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    OK, so I am a total noob to editing files on a phone. I got everything to work, and was able to edit the file. I used wordpad to edit it. But, how do I save it, under what format? When I transfer it back to the phone it reads it as a .txt file and the changes do not seem to work. So, what format do I need to save the edited file in? Hope this makes sense.

OK, I figured it out! And, it works amazingly well! I did not have to reinstall, just updated my apps!
    Last edited by TheFuzz; 11-09-2006 at 03:12 PM.

Device(s)
    blackberry 8700c data only
    Carrier(s)
    cingular
    Feedback Score
    i installed the software and all and have pulled the permissions file so you are saying to delete everythingon that page and just cut and paste the new code and then save and rewrite it back to the phone correct?
    DAVE
    BLACKBERRY 8700C (PIN# 23D2A4FE)

DO OR DO NOT THERE IS NO TRY!

LG CU500 for free and cant complain!

Device(s)
    LG CU500
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shafferds
    i installed the software and all and have pulled the permissions file so you are saying to delete everythingon that page and just cut and paste the new code and then save and rewrite it back to the phone correct?
    No. You really just want to replace the last few lines of the file that start with "domain:Un-trusted". Leave everything else there.

Device(s)
    blackberry 8700c data only
    Carrier(s)
    cingular
    Feedback Score
    oh ok thank cause i wiped everything out and just left that and it works but i will go back and edit it back and do your suggestion

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast