Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: CU500 remove Java permission prompt how-to

Device(s)
    Samsung Omnia i900
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jmacdonald801
    Warning, I don't take any responsibility for this hack. Proceed at your own risk. Some hacking will be required. I'm not going to provide instructions on how to install drivers or use these tools, other forum members are willing to fill in that information.

You will need to find and install QPST, and have the LG Modem drivers installed that provide the Debug Port. You will have to find these on your own they can't be posted here as far as I know.

You will need to use the EFS Explorer to modify a java permission file on the phone to allow all access by default for all java apps.

Navigate EFS Explorer to LGAPP\Media\Java\ams

Copy the file "permission" from that directory to your computer. Modify it (on your computer using wordpad or notepad) and replace it's entire contents with the following.

domain: Un-trusted
    allow: data_network_1
    allow: data_network_2
    allow: comm_connectivity_options
    allow: all_app_autostart
    allow: user_data_read_capability
    allow: messaging_1
    allow: messaging_2
    allow: multimedia_recording

Once you have saved the modified file, copy it back to the same directory on the phone and overwrite it.

Once this is done you will need to turn off and on your phone.

Very important: You will need to delete and then re-install any java applications you have installed in order to make the new security permissions take affect. Currently installed apps will keep the old permissions so this has to be done.

I tested with flurry mail and google maps. I never get prompted for security permissions.

If someone could upload their permission file I would appreciate it as I forgot ot back mine up.

-James
    But what of the file extension? .txt?

Device(s)
    LG CU500
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Put the permissions file on your desktop, doubleclick it and choose notepad to edit and save it. It will save it without an extension. I think you can also force Notepad to save without extension by choosing the "All file types" options in the save dialog for a new file.

Device(s)
    Samsung Omnia i900
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

totally off topic

I'm trying to read about *CU500 remove Java permission prompt how-to*. Maybe there should be a USB driver thread, and a qpst thread. This forum became "where can i get bitpim and how come my driver is not showing my phone".
    I'd love to discuss other topics, but to see the same post again and again is non productive. Sorry to rant, but I'm really interested in customizing my LG CU500.

Device(s)
    Samsung Omnia i900
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by staaver
    Put the permissions file on your desktop, doubleclick it and choose notepad to edit and save it. It will save it without an extension. I think you can also force Notepad to save without extension by choosing the "All file types" options in the save dialog for a new file.
    Sorry for the rant again. I do have a question. I appended/changed the permissons file, and I hosed my phone and had to fac reset. No biggie, but thats not the issue, I probably did not make the changes in the right way. Where exactly at the end near untrusted, do I put those text changes?

Device(s)
    BlackBerry 8800
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Replace (this is at the very bottom of the file):
    domain: Un-trusted
    oneshot: data_network_1
    oneshot: comm_connectivity_options

with the items from the first thread or any mods mentioned in this thread depending on what you want. I use session instead of oneshot.

Feedback Score
    I have a Mac. Is there anyway for me to do this? Anyone here live in Baton Rouge?

Device(s)
    Motorola DROID
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Is there a line we can add to allow the photo blog option of the new Opera Mini to work? I get "error" when I try to use it. I figure it's not allowing access to the camera...

Device(s)
    BlackBerry 8800
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jbzcar
    Is there a line we can add to allow the photo blog option of the new Opera Mini to work? I get "error" when I try to use it. I figure it's not allowing access to the camera...
    I believe the multimedia_recording line should do this. I tried it on flickr and the Opera photo blog with no luck. I wish they gave a little more of the error message. If I get the time later I'll try to write a small Java application that uses the camera and see if I can get more details on the error.

This site: club-java
    claims that it should be possible to use the camera through MMA API...

Device(s)
    Samsung Omnia i900
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

no multimedia service

I cut my multimedia service because Cingular charges an arm and a leg. I know that most phones including the cu500 uses wep. NOw that being said, shouldnt I be able to make a modification and go near a starbucks or something and get wi-fi at a hotspot? Sort of like dhcp'ing a laptop?

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    can anyone send me the new permission file... i keep changing all the things when i send it to my phone it doesnt work.. thanks

Device(s)
    Cingular 8525
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blackadder1999
    I cut my multimedia service because Cingular charges an arm and a leg. I know that most phones including the cu500 uses wep. NOw that being said, shouldnt I be able to make a modification and go near a starbucks or something and get wi-fi at a hotspot? Sort of like dhcp'ing a laptop?
    19.95 USD for unlimited data and 200 text messages is alot? I must disagree considering the fact that some dial-up companies still charge that for a whole lot less speed. Now as for the rest of it you should go back and read up on the features of the phone. WiFi didn't make the list. If you want to WiFi go grab a laptop and run down to starbucks. Cingular offers WiFi services for other models of phones that support it such as the 8125 and the 8525, but those services will cost you dearly. It is part of one of their PDA connect plans. If you think t he Media Max 200 plan is too expensive I doubt you want to shell out the cash for a WiFi capable phone and (optionally) Cingular's WiFi access plan.

Device(s)
    LG CU500
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    OH MY GOD, I did it! It took over an hour but I freaking did it. What a pain in the ***. Now lets just hope that my cheapo memory card will work!

Device(s)
    BlackBerry 8800
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by monkey28rb
    can anyone send me the new permission file... i keep changing all the things when i send it to my phone it doesnt work.. thanks
    Make sure you reload the applications.

Device(s)
    Samsung Omnia i900
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by txmedic03
    19.95 USD for unlimited data and 200 text messages is alot? I must disagree considering the fact that some dial-up companies still charge that for a whole lot less speed. Now as for the rest of it you should go back and read up on the features of the phone. WiFi didn't make the list. If you want to WiFi go grab a laptop and run down to starbucks. Cingular offers WiFi services for other models of phones that support it such as the 8125 and the 8525, but those services will cost you dearly. It is part of one of their PDA connect plans. If you think t he Media Max 200 plan is too expensive I doubt you want to shell out the cash for a WiFi capable phone and (optionally) Cingular's WiFi access plan.

Here is what is available for California---

Includes 1000 Messages (3 cents/additional messages): You have the freedom to message any way to any one - text, picture, video and IM - without worrying what each message costs. That means every message counts the same. You can send and receive ANY combination of messages. Want to send all picture messages? No problem. All IMs? Go ahead and chat away.

Includes UNLIMITED MEdia Net: With MEdia Net, you can browse the web, check your email, get your sports scores, movie times, weather and news right on your mobile phone. Plus, you can download the latest ringtones, games and graphics. Your information - the way you want it.

Includes UNLIMITED Cingular Video: Play high-quality news, sports, weather and entertainment video clips, on demand on your 3G phone. Get exclusive clips from HBO MobileSM and HBO Family MobileSM-only from Cingular
    __________________________________________________ ___________

Which costs an ADDITIONAL 39.95 to our family plan. I would love to know where I can get unlimited for 19.95. I just looked all over cingulars site,and found no plans available for that rate.
    I initially purchased my phone with the introductory plan of 2 months free, then they started jacking me. I'm on a family plan. Not to mention I own the cu500 which did cost a bit more than the cheese phones. If you can find the 19.95 unlimited data plan, please by all means let me know where I can sign up.

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thelegend_16
    Make sure you reload the applications.
    yea i deleted Google maps n reloaded it and it still does it... can someone send me the new permission file.. and tell me how to send it in there right for it to work
    thanks

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast