Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: CU500 remove Java permission prompt how-to

Device(s)
    LG CU500
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    I tried sending you an IM but you didnt answer. IM me when you get back and I'll see if I can help.

Device(s)
    Cingular 8525
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    The Media Max 200 package available from Cingular (I have the LG CU500 on an upgrade to one of my Cingular Family Share lines) allows unlimited data which is what I use to connect to the internet and download games and applications to my phone. It includes 200 messages and costs 19.95 USD. For about 10 USD more you can have 1000 messages and the same unlimited data.

Feedback Score

CR/LF or what?

Can someone tell me if the CU500 is expecting a CR/LF a CR or just an LF at the end of each line.

I've managed to modify my permissions file but when I upload, restart my phone and reinstall my java apps I'm still asked for permission. I'm wondering if the phone is reading the edits to the file properly.

I'm on a Mac so my lines terminate in CR (ascii decimal 13) only. I know that Unix uses LF (dec 10) and the PC uses CR/LF.

Thanks!

Device(s)
    iPhone 3GS 32Gb, iPhone 3G 16Gb, iPhone 8Gb
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T/
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vhuang
    Can someone tell me if the CU500 is expecting a CR/LF a CR or just an LF at the end of each line.

I've managed to modify my permissions file but when I upload, restart my phone and reinstall my java apps I'm still asked for permission. I'm wondering if the phone is reading the edits to the file properly.

I'm on a Mac so my lines terminate in CR (ascii decimal 13) only. I know that Unix uses LF (dec 10) and the PC uses CR/LF.

Thanks!
    Use BBEdit for the mac to edit the file, and save it without an extension, then just overwrite the old one in the phone with BitPim

Device(s)
    LG CU500
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thelegend_16
    I believe the multimedia_recording line should do this. I tried it on flickr and the Opera photo blog with no luck. I wish they gave a little more of the error message. If I get the time later I'll try to write a small Java application that uses the camera and see if I can get more details on the error.

This site: club-java
    claims that it should be possible to use the camera through MMA API...
    It says that it can take photos from java, but I don't think the camera works at all in java (no video/pictures). I hope Opera implements filesystem access to select pictures to upload, since Cingular/LG doesn't seem to be much help for fixing bugs.

Device(s)
    LG CU 500
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ratujoe
    It will allow you to run certain applications without being prompted to allow a data connection, every time the program wants to use the internet. Very necessary for using google maps.

I'm very curious. After having this permission done, do you incur any charges(fees) on using this internet application(google maps,opera mini,etc) on your monthly bill?

Right now on my plan, I only have the pay per use plan. This will save me a lot of bucks if I get to use this applications for free.

Device(s)
    Cingular 8525
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbootycall2
    I'm very curious. After having this permission done, do you incur any charges(fees) on using this internet application(google maps,opera mini,etc) on your monthly bill?

Right now on my plan, I only have the pay per use plan. This will save me a lot of bucks if I get to use this applications for free.

dude it still uses data, this only removes the phone prompting you if its ok to use data. when you are using google maps and you see that data counter count up, if your have PPU, you will get owned...

Feedback Score
    I have tried get Bitpim to recognize my phone and it will not. I think I followed all the directions. The only thing I am not sure about is the drivers. I went to the LG site and could not find anything there. I really want to get the permissions changed but keep getting that error message that Bitpim cannot find my phone. Any ideas.
    Thanks.

Device(s)
    Cingular 8525
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    If you read back someone posted the exact name of the exe file that contains the drivers...just do a google for that file and download it. That's how I got it.

I don't recall anyone posting anything about it, so I will ask...Windows XP 64-bit...anyone seen drivers for this phone or heard of any hope for the future or am I stuck doing all this in Windows XP 32-bit? I know I am pushing away from the topic, but additionally if anyone could tell me if there is any hope of charging via the usb cable the information would be most appriciated. The hack worked flawlessly and having the drivers and the software which I obtained as a direct result of reading this thread allowed me to change my message alert tones and remove all the annoying sounds from my phone.

Device(s)
    BB Curve 8330
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Has anyone got this to work though bluetooth yet or do I have to go and buy a USB cable?

Thank You for all of your information.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Hey CaffeineGamer, you most likely are going to have to go out and purchase a USB cable. Mainly because even if you were able to connect via the Serial service on bluetooth, you need access to the diagnostic port (used for programming and such) which won't be accessible via bluetooth to QPST or any programs for that matter.

Device(s)
    Cingular 8525
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Well, it appeared to connect via BT with BitPim to be able to make changes to files on the phone, but I was never able to get a file list from the phone. I'm sticking with my USB cable.

Device(s)
    BB Curve 8330
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by txmedic03
    Well, it appeared to connect via BT with BitPim to be able to make changes to files on the phone, but I was never able to get a file list from the phone. I'm sticking with my USB cable.

you got the CU500 to work in bitpim? How? It isnt on the phone list and I cant figure it out.

Thanks.
    Caffeinegamer

Feedback Score
    This information was awesome. The only modification I made was to use BitPim instead of QPST. QPST refused to see my phone and BitPim worked immediately.
    Great work jmacdonald801. Google Maps is now useable... now I can binge on Java apps.

Device(s)
    LG cu500
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    This was my first time doing anything to a phone that involved any type of hacking but I was able to do it fairly fast after I downloaded everything I needed. Thanks jmacdonald and everyone else for your input and know how. I'm glad I found this forum.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast