Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: CU500 remove Java permission prompt how-to

Device(s)
    Samsung Eternity
    Feedback Score
    here's the permission file that I backed up, I saved it as permission 2 so you'll have to rename it.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Device(s)
    Cingular 8525
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Well, CaffeineGamer, if you load the LG USB drivers then the phone will be recognized by BitPim as a sort of generic device. This will allow you to access the file system, but not things like the phone book.

If you need more detailed instructions for using BitPim I'd be happy to help, but reading back over this thread should answer the questions for you. That's what got me through it at least.

Feedback Score
    How do you not save as a text file? Or, is it okay to put the edited file back onto the phone as a .txt file?

thanks

Device(s)
    BlackBerry 8800
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by see-you-500
    How do you not save as a text file? Or, is it okay to put the edited file back onto the phone as a .txt file?

thanks
    Do not put it back as a .txt file, it won't work. After you make your modifications if you have the .txt extension simply right-click on the file and rename it. permission.txt -> permissions

put this renamed file on the phone.

Feedback Score
    thanks. i'm an idiot.

works perfectly now.

Device(s)
    LG CU500
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Just got my data cable. QPST would not work for me (would not let me copy files off the phone), but BitPim did. BitPim did give me an issue trying to copy the file back to the phone, saying something about how the Phone provider had blocked files from being modified in that directory. However, I rebooted the phone and tried again and it worked. I suspect the file was locked because it actually in use or something along those lines.

Anyway, after changing the file and doing Version Update on several apps, they stopped asking to connect to the network. Very nice. Good job figuring this one out!

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson W760a
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Does BitPim or QPST require a memory card to be in the phone to detect it as a storage device?

Also, are you guys just buying the regular data cables from eBay or is there a specialized cable?

thanks!
    My Heatware Evals | HoFo Feedback | eBay Rating available

Feedback Score
    howdy all... First a thanks to Jmc for what could be the realization of my dreams. Second, I just got my LG 500... I have read all nine pages on the thread and feel like all questions I face can be answered with this resource. BUT... am I too late to the game?? All of the driver and links appear to be expired... any help on where to find the modem driver and qpst is GREATLY appreciated.... Cheers from Austin..

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson W760a
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    you're from Austin and can't effectively use the internet? that's the tech capital of the south my friend!

I'm just kidding with you. BitPm is opensource and is googlable:

http://www.bitpim.org/#download

the LG drivers are hinted earlier in this thread but if you google "LGUSBModemDriver_Eng_Ver_4.5.exe" you will find the cingular user forums with a download link.

If the link is dead from cingular forums, i'll email it to you when i get home. Just reply back to this thread.

Feedback Score
    FWIW, and as thanks to all the useful information, this page

http://au.lgmobile.com/webwar/jsp/phones/mnswList.jsp

has a software download for TU500, which is the same as our CU500. It includes a USB driver, Outlook/ Outlook Express sync program and Phone Manager app which lets you add, modify or delete contact info on your PC then send it back to the phone.

Disconnect the data cable before installing the USB driiver, and you might have to power the phone off/on if it doesn't see your phone.

I don't use Outlook so can't say anything, but Phone Manager is great. Bitpim sees my phone but I haven't gone any further with that yet.

There's another bitpim hack, and good information, at

http://comerford.cc/wordpress/?page_id=146

(which links back to this thread).

Hope this helps someone down the line,

John

Device(s)
    8 GB iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thelegend_16
    I started a new thread on this, but the application can now be downloaded from the soruceforge website.

Thx! Found it.

Jeff
    This space for rent!

Device(s)
    Nokia 6030. Nokia6790
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I just got the CU400 and was wondering how similar it is to the 500. I don't have a (working)pc at the moment, and have no experience with editing. I use Opera Mini exclusively and the ask once per page thing is getting old,fast. TIA
    Opera Mini"Try it, you'll like it!"

Device(s)
    LG CU500
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Ok, I did it once before but I had to get a new phone and I can't figure out how to do it again. I can't get the phone to show up under the EFS Expolorer.

EDIT-NVM, it just showed up now
    Last edited by vaio76109; 05-06-2007 at 04:16 PM.

Feedback Score

Java permissions hack doesn't work

I am sorry to report that the Java permissions hack does NOT work for Google Maps. Anybody have any other ideas?

Feedback Score
    Apologies, I solved the Java hacks problem. I didn't read far enough upstream in this thread. I finally realized that you have to delete all Java apps and then reinstall for the hack to work.

BT

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast