Thread: Unlocked 2125 with T-mobile SIM roaming issues, help?

Phone
    Unlocked Blackjack
    Carrier
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score

Unlocked 2125 with T-mobile SIM roaming issues, help?

I recently unlocked a Cingular 2125 I purchased online. I'm a T-mobile customer so I needed to unlock it to work on my network.

Well, I unlocked per Omega2008's instructions and everything worked well, however I flew up to San Fran today and noticed my phone would go into searching... but show full bars. Since I wasn't able to make a call I borrowed my bosses Cingular phone that showed full bars.

I looked in my network select and it showed Cingular but when I tried to manually select it, it wouldn't select...it would just go back into the searching.... mode.

Can someone help me? Is there an update I need to install? Which update should I use?

Thanks in advance!

Phones
    Google Nexus 5
    Google Nexus 5
    Google Nexus 4
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    ods are you're in an area where tmobile doesn't provide coverage and cingular didn't allow roaming (weird but i guess it happens) or t-mobile (more likely)
    - yeah, don't listen to that guy!

Phones
    SE P800
    HTC TyTN
    Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I have an unlocked T-Mobile SDA and I have and similar problems here in San Francisco.

SHoTTa35 may be right about the roaming issue but it could also just be the spotty service offered by T-Mobile. Outside my office, I will get full bars but be unable to make calls and then few minutes later get no bars. Later in the day, I will have full bars again and be able to make calls. It doesn't seem to matter if my phone says it is connected to Cingular or T-Mobile. I have the same issues at my apartment.

Just out of curiosity, where in San Francisco were you having these issues?

I was on Cingular for years before switching to T-Mobile and I don't remember ever having these problems. With Cingular, if I was in an area that had good converge it was always good coverage. If I was in an area that had poor or no coverage, the coverage was always poor or non-existent. It is almost like T-Mobile randomly switches towers on and off throughout the day. Maybe Cingular is randomly disconnecting roaming on their towers?

Do Any other T-Mobile customers have these problems in San Francisco?

Phone
    Unlocked Blackjack
    Carrier
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    I was in the Danville area.

I received the phone the night before I left so I'm not sure if it is doing this down in the OC. I will have to keep my eye on it.

Thanks for the feedback.

Phone
    Unlocked Blackjack
    Carrier
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Ok...so I'm still having issues. It seems like it is locked to the t-mobile network (ironic since it is a 2125). Anyways, I'm in my office (Norwalk, Ca) which I know doesn't have t-mobile service but DOES have Cingular. My phone shows 5 bars but says "searching...". When I call my cell it goes to voice mail.

Any suggestions? I'm hesitant to change the rom since I don't want the sticky key issue. Besides this the phone is fine, but I'm not sure why it won't roam on the Cingular network. Please help!!!

PS: One other thing. When I select fine a new network I get an error that says "unable to save settings. Verify you have network coverage...the setting is supported."

Phones
    HTC Touch Pro (Sprint), LG Dare (Verizon)
    Apple iPhone (AT&T), Nokia N85 (AT&T)
    Carriers
    Verizon,
    Iridium
    Feedback Score
    Have you done a hard reset on the device? I have a 2125 in the same configuration, and I have no issues.

Joel

Feedback Score
    I am going to chime in to say that I roam all over the country, but t-mobile has horrendous coverage in San Francisco - including right smack dab in downtown -

Phone
    Unlocked Blackjack
    Carrier
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Does anyone know what I need to do to the phone to allow me to save selecting a new network or switching networks. Menu > Phone > Networks > find new networks. System says searching... then I get a screen that says "Error, unable to save settins. Verify you have network coverage and that the setting is supported."

Do I need to app unlock the phone or is there a registery fix.

PS: I'm back in S. Cal and my bosses Cingular phone gets 4 bars in my office and mine is searching.

Please help???

Feedback Score

ur answer is rom

I would say that sounds like an issue with your rom not the unlock or tmobile.
    I know alot of people that have this phone and have this issue (including myself) After changing the rom i have seen much better stability.
    The Cingular 2125 has an update for cingular but i would go with an imate rom it is much more reliable. try here for how to update http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=242122&hl=

note: My phone (before the flash) would have full bars and say searching where the carrier should be. or it would show the carrier but show no bars.

hope this helps