Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Did My World Phone send me a USED Nokia N73 ??

Device(s)
    Nexus 4, iP5S, GS4...
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Question Did My World Phone send me a USED Nokia N73 ??

[ PS : Please ignore the letter ' U ' in CAPS.. I've somehow managed to start the Utlity Manager and can't seem to disable it. The only way I can se the keystroke ' U ' is in caps withoUt triggering the damn Utility Manager again ]

Okay I received the N73 today from My World Phone dot com and here are my first observations:

1 - The Factory seal on the box is broken
    2 - Upon starting the phone it did not ask me to set the location, time etc
    3 - The Phonebook has a book has a BUNCH of entries
    4 - The Lifetime Timer indicates -- 000000.08

Honestly I don't really care for the 8 second Usage.

However, I JUST wanted to confirm here that this isn't how the phone shoUld have come, correct ?

I will call howardforums.com and express my disappointment bUt I dobt they will do mUch aboUt it..

Will Update again soon.. Plz Post yor opinions on this..
    My World Phone dot com is a VERY SHADY seller. Click here for details

My Toys: '10 M5 : '12 Blown LS7 : iP5S : GS4 : Nexus N4 : N95-4 : E71-2 [Sold]

Device(s)
    se k790a
    Carrier(s)
    cingular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by M5Rahul
    However, I JUST wanted to confirm here that this isn't how the phone shoUld have come, correct ?
    upon first startup, it should ask your location and let you set the time. it sounds like someone probably tested it first.

if you do a reset *#7370# (pin 12345), it should act like new and prompt for location, etc.

Device(s)
    Nexus 4, iP5S, GS4...
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Thumbs down

[Rant]

Update: okay howardforums.com BLOWS A HUGE ONE!!

I Just spoke with one of their stupid reps.. and she said " I'm sorry sir, it's not my fault you got a used phone " I wanted to strangle that biatch!!

Then she goes " Okay well send us the phone back within 7 days and we will send out another one "

At this point I was pretty pissed at her so asked to speak to a Supervisor... Well well.. she comes back a min later and goes " Our Supervsior is very busy so he cannot talk right now. Plus, he also said the same thing. " .. "same thing" !! wow.. okay..

So then I asked her to have her supervisor call me and she goes " I doubt he will be able to do that but let me have your number anyways "

I just told her that her company SUCKS and I regret purchasing from them.. obviously she didn't care!!

What really ticked me off more than getting a used phone was how she didn't accept any responsibility for this... But I should've known better considering I was dealing with an Asian company!

Okay now, I am South Asian myself [Indian] and I know howardforums.com is owned by either an Indian or Pakistani or some S.Asian guy... But, I didn't know these people are so F-UCKING UNPROFESSSIONAL!! I wish I lived any closer to them... MOFOers!!

I'm probably just gonna do a hard reset and keep the phone because I really need one.. esp with the N80s sold now..

It's just been used 8 seconds so not a big deal... but I ******ing hate howardforums.com now!!

[/ Rant]

Rahul

Device(s)
    Sony Xperia Z1, iPhone 4 (work)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    yeah, i was gonna go get the a phone from them a while back, but they told me they wouldnt accept a credit card if i went to pick it up at the place. went to exoticphone.com instead.

Device(s)
    Nexus 4, iP5S, GS4...
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Box215
    yeah, i was gonna go get the a phone from them a while back, but they told me they wouldnt accept a credit card if i went to pick it up at the place. went to exoticphone.com instead.
    Yeah probably wanna evade tax I wouldn't be surprised...

You lucked out not having to deal with these bastards!

Device(s)
    Nokia Lumia 925
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I'd rather have them test the phone rather than send it factory sealed.

Its nicer to have a working phone than a dud that escaped the factory.

Device(s)
    n73
    Feedback Score
    if you bought with a credit card call them, you may have some options through them.

Device(s)
    Nexus 4, iP5S, GS4...
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyboja
    if you bought with a credit card call them, you may have some options through them.
    Yea I did buy it thru Amex... but it's okay.. it was only used for 8 seconds and I suppose others are right that it's been tested.. Everything seems to work great so I'll keep it... I think I'm more pissed about their post sale " We don't care " attitude

Device(s)
    Verizon iPhone 4S
    Feedback Score
    Hm. Wow. M5Rahul, I'm sorry to hear about your experience!

MyWorldPhone has been added to my personal "do not buy" list!
    Air goes in and out. Blood goes round and round. Any deviation is a problem.

Device(s)
    Nokia N73
    Carrier(s)
    cingular
    Feedback Score
    Nah... Tested Or Not, The Phone Is Not Supposed To Come Box Seal Broken And Data Entry + Seconds Usage Unless It Was Stated Clearly On The Item Description Or Whatever.

Honestly, Id Be Pissed Off. U Spend Half A G, They Should Give You A Dam Phone Thats Brand New, And If Anything Is Wrong With It, Replace It. Thats Bogus Mang. Deal Wit Dem Suckaz!

Device(s)
    Blackberry Storm 2
    Carrier(s)
    ATT GSM Family Plan
    Feedback Score
    Amex is great! You can stiff them good and teach them a lesson through Amex.

Device(s)
    Current phone: E51
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    If you ever return something to a cheap store, what do you think they do with it. It sucks but happens and any decent store should replace it for you really.
    My G1 review
    My E51 review
    My E61i review
    Mobility Now
    This is the age of true mobility

Device(s)
    Nokia N82 Titanium (Finland)
    Carrier(s)
    Fido (Fido-2-Fido!)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by M5Rahul
    Yea I did buy it thru Amex... but it's okay.. it was only used for 8 seconds and I suppose others are right that it's been tested.. Everything seems to work great so I'll keep it... I think I'm more pissed about their post sale " We don't care " attitude
    you should just refund the phone and force them to pay for shipping. that's really UNPROFESSIONAL of them to send u a used phone

Device(s)
    Blackberry Storm 2
    Carrier(s)
    ATT GSM Family Plan
    Feedback Score
    Let me put it to you this way: you are being too kind to them.

If you were the one who used the phone for 8 secs and returned the phone; they'd still charge you restocking fees.

Device(s)
    Nokia N73
    Carrier(s)
    cingular
    Feedback Score
    M%, most credit card company will do more then co.'s such as ebay or paypal to get you what you deserve.

I got sorta scammed i guess you could say, and paypal said, theres nothiing they could do. I called visa and told them the situation and they automatically forwarded me the money i lost and investigated it themselves. Within 4 months, they resolved everything within themselves, but i was taken care of immediately. Im sure Amex is just as good.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast