Thread: panasonic vs7/x800 transparent faceplates DIY

Device(s)
    Nokia N70
    Carrier(s)
    3 'Three'
    Feedback Score

panasonic vs7/x800 transparent faceplates DIY

Hi guys! I was just wondering if anyone has tried making or getting a transparent faceplate for the vs7.. i'm pretty sure you could use thinner on the x800, but what about the vs7?

Well anyhow, i'm looking for a way to get myself either a transparent faceplate for x800 or the vs7.

If anyone would be able to clarify whether it is possible to use thinner on the vs7 or the x800 faceplates to make it transparent, please do!

Also for those who knows where to buy these transparent faceplates from or even selling them, please reply here!

Until i'm clear about this matter, i wouldn't be able to choose which phone to get, so please help! ^^''

Thanks!

Feedback Score
    I've got an X800. Excellent phone in my opinion. I've tried to make a transparent cover/faceplate using an extra one that came with it (black), and completely ruined it. Paint Thinner does NOT work. Perhaps people who are telling their success stories had different faceplates, with a different paint. I recall seeing a blue one. Mine was black. Anyway... I've tried several different brands of Paint Thinner and other products. I've tried nail polish remover. I've tried Liquid Sandpaper. I've tried everything I possibly could, but NOTHING worked! Out of frustration, I started just scratching it with very fine piece of sandpaper, and it just broke in my hands. I am beyond disappointed, as I cannot find a replacement anywhere. I guess I'll just have to be extra careful not to scratch/brake the white one that's on my phone. If it gets damaged, I'm screwed. So, if you find a place/person where they sell transparent covers/plates for X800, please let me know. I'll pay $20 for a transparent one, and more if it has some kind of design (OEM only). I think that's reasonable, since I paid $200 for a brand new phone, and we are talking here just about a cover, which is a piece of PLASTIC! Thanks.

Device(s)
    Panasonic X800
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    You have two options:

(1) use nail polish remover - but use a small amount at a time. Dab a piece of cotton ball with a bit of nail polish remover and slowly rub the paint off. Might take some time, but should work well. Paint thinner will work if you DILUTE it.

(2) make your own covers w/ plexiglass (acrylic). you will need a plexi cutting knife and a rotary tool of some sort (ie. Dremel).

Device(s)
    LG Shine
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I am having trouble removing the paint from the X800. I have tried both paint thinner and nail polish remover. Any ideas?

Feedback Score
    I'm trying to find just extra face covers and the tool needed for the Panasonic VS7