Phones
    Blackberry 8330
    Motorola v3m
    Motorola E815
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

State Farm VZW discount issues

I got hired by a State Farm agent on the West coast and was told I get a discount off my monthly bill. I went to VZW.com and followed the directions for corporate discounts. It "approved" it and the message said that I would get an email in my inbox (work email) with the next step(s) to follow. I waited a few days, but never received it.

I have called customer service two times since and both CSR's repeated the steps and I still have not gotten the email (I have checked the spam folders, etc). While not a huge deal it is a bit frustrating that it has taken 10 days and I have not gotten anywhere. Does anyone here have any ideas as to what is going on? I have a corporate I.D. number and the email is official as I have sent personal emails and received them myself. I've confirmed the work email address is correct in Verizon's system through the CSR's. Any info would be appreciated. SID 40 if that helps.

Thanks, Brian

Phones
    A phone
    with buttons
    'n stuff
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Visit www.verizonwireless.com/ryl
    Fill out the form and fax it in. Email verification is somewhat new and not infallible.

Phones
    MOT Droid Mini,
    Home Phone Connect,
    MOT Droid 3,
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless, Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    In case it isn't obvious, instead of entering your work ID, click on "I do not have a work email address."

Feedback Score
    If you have a work I.D. and/or other proof of employment by State Farm, just go to a corporate store and have them fax the info for you. As mentioned above, the e-mail verification isn't perfect. Your main concern is that the discount is added to your account, not that you get e-mail verification.
    Last edited by Makkari; 08-25-2006 at 01:22 PM.

Phones
    Blackberry 9630
    Blackberry 8330
    Samsung i760
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Does your corporate email have upfront spam filtering? If so, that might be what's stopping the emails from getting to you.

The link that they'll send you is really only good if you're signing up for new service or buying assessories at a discount. If you already have a Verizon account, the link (website) won't allow you to link your state farm discount with your account.

If you are planning on opening a new account with Verizon, I would suggest contacting you Verizon B2B (Buisness to Buisness) representative to set up the new accounts. They usually have better prices on phones than the website and your employee discount will be set up and start with the first bill. Plus if you have a really nice B2B rep, they'll credit you the activation fees.

If you already have an account, then the only method you have left is to fill out a proof of employee form, and fax the form along with a copy of your paystub or employee badge to the number on the form. You could also take the form along with ID down to your local Verizon Corporate store and they will fax it for you.

Here's the link to the form.

The employee discount is only good on the "Primary" line of a plan that is greater than $34.99.

So if you're getting the 69.99 family plan, you only get the xx% off of $60 (primary line). The $9.99 for the extra line(s) won't be discounted.
    Last edited by KINetics; 08-25-2006 at 01:24 PM.

Phones
    Blackberry 8330
    Motorola v3m
    Motorola E815
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by KINetics
    Does your corporate email have upfront spam filtering? If so, that might be what's stopping the emails from getting to you.

The link that they'll send you is really only good if you're signing up for new service or buying assessories at a discount. If you already have a Verizon account, the link (website) won't allow you to link your state farm discount with your account.

If you are planning on opening a new account with Verizon, I would suggest contacting you Verizon B2B (Buisness to Buisness) representative to set up the new accounts. They usually have better prices on phones than the website and your employee discount will be set up and start with the first bill. Plus if you have a really nice B2B rep, they'll credit you the activation fees.

If you already have an account, then the only method you have left is to fill out a proof of employee form, and fax the form along with a copy of your paystub or employee badge to the number on the form. You could also take the form along with ID down to your local Verizon Corporate store and they will fax it for you.

Here's the link to the form.

The employee discount is only good on the "Primary" line of a plan that is greater than $34.99.

So if you're getting the 69.99 family plan, you only get the xx% off of $60 (primary line). The $9.99 for the extra line(s) won't be discounted.

Great stuff. Thanks guys. This was really helpful to me as I already have had service with Verizon for a few years and am not signing up for a new account. Kind of strange I think on Verizon's part, but never the less, with everyone's help I will get that faxed tomorrow.

Thanks again for your time, Brian