Thread: Save Voicemail to Computer?

Feedback Score

Save Voicemail to Computer?

Is there any possible way to transfer a voicemail message to my computer or save it in any way aside from just pressing 9 during the message? i would like to save this message in a more permanent way and cant think of n e thing.

Phones
    LG VX8100
    LG Chocolate
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Is your cellphone Mini SD compatible? Just work with that...

Edit: I'm not sure if it'd work just suggesting if anything. Or a USB cable..
    Last edited by MobileExpert; 08-27-2006 at 05:40 PM.

Feedback Score
    i have a usb cable but cant figure out a way to transfer it bitpim doesnt offer n e thing like that as far as i no. but then again im new to bitpim

Phones
    LG VX8100
    LG Chocolate
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Not sure, search the internet.

Phones
    BB Curve 8900
    iPhone 3G
    Blackberry Curve 8900
    Carriers
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    voicemail messages are saved on the verizon servers, so u have no way of getting that sound file

the only way i can think of is to hold the speaker of ur phone to a microphone (connected to ur pc) and recording it that way

Feedback Score
    Remember that the 8300 has an option to record a phonecall.. so call into your VM, set it to record and then copy the sound files to your computer.

Phones
    LG Voyager
    LG VX8000 (replaced)
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Like Sinn said just record the conversation with your voice mail, it will appear under "My sounds" then just transfer it to your computer via data cable and bitpim or if it's not too big, send it in a message

Feedback Score
    thanx... i had no idea u could record on the 8300 thanks for the idea

Feedback Score
    ran into one problem with this method...... the phone saves the recorded sound as a .qcp file. i transfered it to the computer but cant find n e way to actually play it.... i downloaded purevoice which says it allows playing of qcp but for some reason it says it cant read the file..... n e one ever try n e thing like this before?
    Last edited by philc21; 08-28-2006 at 12:35 AM.

Carriers
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    If you have a 2.5mm jack on your phone, you can connect your phone to your PC with an audio cable (get the right adapter from 2.5mm to 3.5mm and make sure you get mono/stereo/whatever number of contacts you need), playback the voicemail and use recording software on your computer to record the voicemail.