Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: t-mobile wants to terminate my service???

Feedback Score

t-mobile wants to terminate my service???

T-mobile recently sent me a letter that said they would cancel my family plan in the next 35 days beacuse i have abnormal call volumes in the night and weekend minutes on my bill. They say that this is inconsistent with there terms and conditions and and or marketing materials. WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON??? What does unlimited nights and weekends meen then? What the hell am I doing wrong ? has anyone ever heard of anything like this ?

Phones
    Blackberry 8900, Nokia N95
    Blackberry 8320, SE K750
    Blackberry 8700G, SE K700i
    Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Arial
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fenix1
    T-mobile recently sent me a letter that said they would cancel my family plan in the next 35 days beacuse i have abnormal call volumes in the night and weekend minutes on my bill. They say that this is inconsistent with there terms and conditions and and or marketing materials. WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON??? What does unlimited nights and weekends meen then? What the hell am I doing wrong ? has anyone ever heard of anything like this ?
    this was quoted from mesallem it pretty much sums it all "Well you got ot see it this way, Tmobile is probably losing money on this particular client because of the excessive usuage, also the excessive usuage could put strain network/tower making it unable for other users in the area to make calls. The TOC clearly state that if Tmobile finds that you are a burden to the network, ie excessive usage, then they are more than welcome to drop you. 8000 minutes for nights and weekends is alot of usuage during that time, and I'm willing to bet you have a low end rate plan. They would have not dropped you if you were considered a platnium customer meaning 99.99 dollar rate plan or above. The point is, if you're going bare minimum and using up the lots of "free" minutes, you're not making them a profit and so they'd rather you leave rather than keeping taking a hit. Just to let you know too, Sprint, Verizon, and Cingular all the have the same policies, so if I were you, I'd tone down the usage if you change carriers.
    Also on a side note, I've heard of people who talk continously from 9pm to 7am daily and rack up 10 hours of talk time a day, thats nearly 18,000 minutes a month. THe problem with that, is that most people who use there phone excessively during those times end up going with the lowest rate plan, like the old 400 minute family plan that was 49.99. No matter how you see it, the company is losing money."
    X-Employee:
    T-Mobile, USA - Technical Support Tier's 260/290/291/398

Sr. Retail Sales Representative

Disclaimer: My Opinions and statements are not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by T-Mobile USA or Deutsche Telekom AG.

Phones
    iPhone 3G & 2G Jailbreak/Unlock
    BB Curve / HTC Touch Pro 2
    LG Voyager / LG Xenon
    Carrier
    T·Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Refer to this thread http://howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=991031

It looks like T-Mo is cracking down on N/W leechers recently.

Phones
    T809 --> D820
    Sharp TM150
    Motorola V330 - Flashed
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Well cellj beat me to posting this link:
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=991031

But like cellj said, it looks like T-mobile is going through and cleaning up anyone that is not making them money. Probably to help pay for the auction lol

Redwood Valley, Northwestern California (Previous-Pocatello, Idaho(90-97)/Southern California(71-90)
    Phone
    HTC One M8/Samsung Galaxy Note 3/Nokia Lumia 521
    Carrier
    AT&T/T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Los Angeles - San Diego, CA / St. Albans, VT
    Phones
    RIM BlackBerry Q10
    Apple iPhone 5S
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Carriers
    Pacific Bell Wireless / T-Mobile USA / MetroPCS
    Telcel MX
    Feedback Score
    What's the point of unlimited? (besides the fact it's a marketing gimmick)
    Why aren't there any hard limits?

Phones
    T809 --> D820
    Sharp TM150
    Motorola V330 - Flashed
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    That does seem like something cingular would do, but there comes a point when you can't be too nice. If your losing T-mobile money, then that means bassicly that the money that you and I are spending, is going to pay for the poeple getting these letters' accounts.

Redwood Valley, Northwestern California (Previous-Pocatello, Idaho(90-97)/Southern California(71-90)
    Phone
    Carrier
    AT&T/T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Unlimited means unlimited, or is T-Mobile using the George Orwell Newspeak dictionary?
    From the current definition-

"Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.0.1) - Cite This Source new!
    un‧lim‧it‧ed  /ʌnˈlɪmɪtɪd/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[uhn-lim-i-tid] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation

–adjective 1. not limited; unrestricted; unconfined: unlimited trade.
    2. boundless; infinite; vast: the unlimited skies.
    3. without any qualification or exception; unconditional.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Origin: 1400–50; late ME; see un-1, limited]

—Related forms
    un‧lim‧it‧ed‧ly, adverb

—Synonyms 1. unconstrained, unrestrained, unfettered.
    Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.0.1)
    Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2006 "

Phones
    Nokia E71
    iPhone 3G
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    This is common in alot of "unlimited" use type setups with companies not just cell phones, I work for a very large cable company, and theoretically the TOS indicate a maximum cap of bandwidth allocated each month, keeping in mind they are HUGE and the average person would never meet them...but then there are the repeat offenders, the torrent junkies, etc...we have never really enforced it, only time was port filtering, so that you can't setup a web server, other than that pretty lax on it, I guess some companies feel that to many people will take advantage of it, from a business stand point I understand, from a customer standpoint I can see the frustration, but like these guys said, consider a better plan to even it out, obviously you like their service you use it alot, make it a mutal relationship, think of it in terms of you running your own business.

Phone
    Carrier
    AT&T/T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Unlimited still means unlimited, if a company is going to lie and enforce caps, than they either need to drop the unlimited part, or face criminal proceedings for false advertising. If you are not breaking the rules, and using a ton of minutes on unlimited, then according to the dictionary you are doing nothing wrong. Too many companies fly fast and loose with terms now days, and too many get away with it

Los Angeles - San Diego, CA / St. Albans, VT
    Phones
    RIM BlackBerry Q10
    Apple iPhone 5S
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Carriers
    Pacific Bell Wireless / T-Mobile USA / MetroPCS
    Telcel MX
    Feedback Score
    Money losers for carriers...
    Unlimited data.
    Unlimited M2M.
    Unlimited N&W.
    Excessive off-network roaming.

Each of these perks consume finite resources in some shape or another. The first three items in addition to using network resources require carriers to make investments in infrastructure for maintenance and upgrades. Without these money losers carriers can't attract customers.

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S2 (T-Mobile)
    Carrier
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    I do think that T-Mobile is over-stepping their boundaries. If you are not really meant to use Unlimited Nights, Weekends or Data, then its not really unlimited at all. I also think that even if they do cut someone off, just for being off contract, or still in contract, I think someone should sue, for breaking contract terms. If they are worried that much about their network, then they should offer a limit to Night and Weekends, but then they will be acting like Cingular.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________

Speed achieved using T-Mobile Samsung GS2

Phones
    iPhone 3G & 2G Jailbreak/Unlock
    BB Curve / HTC Touch Pro 2
    LG Voyager / LG Xenon
    Carrier
    T·Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ilvla2
    How can you "leach" off of unlimited I'm sad to see T-Mobile doing a Cingular like thing
    You know what I mean. They say unlimited, but really it's limited.

Phones
    Nokia E71
    iPhone 3G
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I would think they know their abilities legality wise and somewhere there is documentation that indicates they can legally do this and its your lawyer vs theres and they probably got alot more money.. not that its right by any means, but if you've ever tried getting out of a home/renting lease due to "breach of contract" it usually ends up costing more than staying there. lesson learned after the hurricanes down here.

Phone
    Carrier
    AT&T/T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cellj
    You know what I mean. They say unlimited, but really it's limited.
    I was agreeing with you

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast