Thread: Nokia Flagship Store in NYC: Now Opening / Who was there / What's new

Phones
    Lumia 520
    Wife: iPhone 4S
    Carriers
    [at&t],
    [Smart PH].
    Feedback Score
    I was there also on the Grand Opening like around 12pm.. The place was packed!!

Mostly Nokia illiterates, People that don't know Nokia... Also people wer smacked with European/Asian Nokia technology..

Its like they never seen a mobile device that can do so much.. Also the prices of the phones were shocking to them as well.. I guess Americans are just so use to free phones every year.

Oh well as for my experience.. Its a nice place, Full of LCD screens on the walls with dimming lights changing in colors, I thought I was in the club somewhere downtown..

Well anyhow I was more focus on the N93.. The phone is just simply awesome to play around with.. One of the rep told me that It records video like DVD quality. I think that's pretty awesome!

What raised my eyes also was the VERTU.. WoW!! So expensive phone!! Very precise on engineering.

So there were alot of N80's and N93's.. What they were lacking was the E-Series.. They need more of does.. For god sake! You put the store in the Financial District.. So please put out the E-Series.

Basically they were more focus with the N-Series and the Exclusive 8800's..

I guess I will be coming back there next week and see what changes they did?

As for now, that's all I can say..

I will give more update..

Phones
    N97 mini, N97, E75, E71-2
    BB 9000, 9700
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveTheRave
    How long did it take for them to do this? Was there a fee or long wait?
    It took ~30 mins, no fee.

Phones
    N97 mini, N97, E75, E71-2
    BB 9000, 9700
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gwapz
    I was there also on the Grand Opening like around 12pm.. The place was packed!!

Mostly Nokia illiterates, People that don't know Nokia... Also people wer smacked with European/Asian Nokia technology..

Its like they never seen a mobile device that can do so much.. Also the prices of the phones were shocking to them as well.. I guess Americans are just so use to free phones every year.

Oh well as for my experience.. Its a nice place, Full of LCD screens on the walls with dimming lights changing in colors, I thought I was in the club somewhere downtown..

Well anyhow I was more focus on the N93.. The phone is just simply awesome to play around with.. One of the rep told me that It records video like DVD quality. I think that's pretty awesome!

What raised my eyes also was the VERTU.. WoW!! So expensive phone!! Very precise on engineering.

So there were alot of N80's and N93's.. What they were lacking was the E-Series.. They need more of does.. For god sake! You put the store in the Financial District.. So please put out the E-Series.

Basically they were more focus with the N-Series and the Exclusive 8800's..

I guess I will be coming back there next week and see what changes they did?

As for now, that's all I can say..

I will give more update..
    I went there last friday, 9/22, nothing has changed.

Phones
    SE T68i/Nokia 3100/Nokia QD/Moto E98/Moto Rockr
    Moto SLVR/Nokia 3230/BB 8700
    E71 coming soon
    Feedback Score
    Why this thread has no pictures? high quality pics

Phones
    Lumia 520
    Carriers
    [at&t],
    [Smart PH].
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by roncito
    Why this thread has no pictures? high quality pics
    I just came back from the NOKIA NYC flagship store today..

Something change.. You wanna know what it is? hahahahah!!

They have the new prototype Nokia N95 and the N75..

Awesome phones!! They don't have the phone avaliable for sale yet, But seeing the prototype is good enough for me!!

I'm still speechless of what I saw!! and what I felt on my hands!!

The N95 is a must buy!!

Phones
    SE T68i/Nokia 3100/Nokia QD/Moto E98/Moto Rockr
    Moto SLVR/Nokia 3230/BB 8700
    E71 coming soon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gwapz
    I just came back from the NOKIA NYC flagship store today..

Something change.. You wanna know what it is? hahahahah!!

They have the new prototype Nokia N95 and the N75..

Awesome phones!! They don't have the phone avaliable for sale yet, But seeing the prototype is good enough for me!!

I'm still speechless of what I saw!! and what I felt on my hands!!

The N95 is a must buy!!

please tell me you took some shots

Phones
    Lumia 520
    Carriers
    [at&t],
    [Smart PH].
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by roncito
    please tell me you took some shots
    Yes of course.. I will post them right now..

Phones
    Lumia 520
    Carriers
    [at&t],
    [Smart PH].
    Feedback Score
    [IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG]

Phones
    Lumia 520
    Carriers
    [at&t],
    [Smart PH].
    Feedback Score
    If you don't believe I took this pictures..

Check out my picture here.. I'm holding the phone!!

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...29#post7966529

Phone
    Don't worry about it. I've used everything.
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I'd be curious to find out if the Chicago store managed to get a prototype of the N95 as well. It'd be worth the 45 minute drive just to see it before I buy it in a few months.

Phones
    Lumia 520
    Carriers
    [at&t],
    [Smart PH].
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JonnyBruha
    I'd be curious to find out if the Chicago store managed to get a prototype of the N95 as well. It'd be worth the 45 minute drive just to see it before I buy it in a few months.

I'm not sure if its going to be in the Chicago flagship store.. Because They launch the N95 and the N75 in some Technology Convention here n NYC.. So after that I guess they just dropped it off @ the Nokia Store here in NYC for viewing for customers..

But all I'm saying If its there.. Its helluva worth the trip.. I had so much fun, The reps were friendly. 1 rep even ask for my email add and told me when this phone comes out for sale in the store he will notify me.

Like I said.. the phone is beautiful, So light, So thin, So compact.. It is well built, Thanks to Nokia's precise engineering!! They finally came through..

The phone screen so clear and bright.. Its like they took a piece of my HDTV.

All I can say is WOW!! and its a must buy!! Rep told me it will be on the shelves on the 1st Qtr of 2007. After X-Mas..

If I were you give the Chicago Store a call 1st before going there.. But if they tell you its there.. Its defenitely worth a trip..

Good Luck!!
    "With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility"

Follow me on TWITTER

HOFO FEEDBACK

Phones
    Nokia 2730 Classic
    Nokia 6230b
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brvendetta
    It took ~30 mins, no fee.
    I was there last week. They said they couldn't update the firmware on my Cingular/Nokia 6230 becuase it was no longer under warranty. I told them that I sometimes get the SIM card rejected error. One of the employees told me that sometimes happens when the phone loses the signal. Whatever.

Carrier
    t-mobile
    Feedback Score
    gwpaz, i was at the nokia store last friday. where were the prototypes? i walked around the store but didn't locate any.

Phone
    Don't worry about it. I've used everything.
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by op487062
    gwpaz, i was at the nokia store last friday. where were the prototypes? i walked around the store but didn't locate any.
    Did you even bother asking one of the reps? I imagine that might've helped.

Phones
    Lumia 520
    Carriers
    [at&t],
    [Smart PH].
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by op487062
    Well if your not shy to ask.. Their not on display.. You gotta be excited like me to ask the reps to show them to you.. I demanded them! hehehehe!

1st I engaged a conversation about them.. Talking about how excited I am and can't wait till they come out.. Then ask them If they have it, The prototype of course. Because I knew the convention was held in NYC where they were launch.. So Nokia Store is the only place I could think of. I had a gutt feeling they might be there.. So my gutt feeling was right.. And my 10 blocks walking paid off hehehehe..

So people who visits the Nokia Store NYC.. ASK QUESTIONS!! Suck your egos for a while and ask questions!! Its not gonna hurt! I thought I knew everything too.. I had to ask to see does phones!!

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast