Chicago that wasn't really
an outage just really slow
data for about a week and
this past October no phone
could hold a voice or data
for 2 days in MI.

Dubspoon
02-13-2010, 05:26 PM
I should've added even if you never had a problem post that and how long you've had service

Dubspoon
02-14-2010, 08:09 AM
I would think the best network would have a gang of people saying they never had a problem. Is this because a Sprint person started the thread?

MountainBikerMark
03-01-2010, 08:41 PM
Wirelessly posted ( Samsung Omnia: Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; Windows CE; Opera Mobi/9.5; U; en) VZW:SCH-i910 PPC 240x400)

maybe its the OPs reputation as a flame baiter?
are you asking momentary outage or long term outage? if longterm ,please define longterm. in 17 years on verizon ive never had an outage more than a couple hours for total communications and its been quite a while for a EVDO data outage more than a few hours. spotty coverage with lots of drops is a different story.
when the Storm1 first came out the blackberry part of vzw went down nationwide for a weekend and the national EVDO was in/out for about a week. i just forced my Dare to 1x

nitrous9200
03-01-2010, 11:23 PM
Must have been two years ago, for about a day and a half. Couldn't do a thing, it was pretty weird. And that's been all for 6 years now, hope it stays that way.

zencyl
03-02-2010, 12:17 PM
only real outages ive experience were the ones on my blackberry curve when the RIM system would shutdown for a couple hours. Im not counting when hurricanes come through and knock out all the towers.

gruss01
03-03-2010, 08:14 AM
I'm experiancing an outage right now as is everyone I know on Verizon in the area. Voice is fine, DATA is gone. Been like that since about 1am as far as I can tell. Toledo area.

Storm and Eris same thing so it isn't a RIM issue. Kind of funny they cram a data plan down everyones throat for dumbphones but its down anyway :lol:

zencyl
03-03-2010, 09:52 AM
lol i knew someone was going to jump in here and talk about this morning. Its like the sign at work saying "We have been accident free for 0 days"

Dubspoon
03-03-2010, 11:31 AM
Wirelessly posted ( Samsung Omnia: Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; Windows CE; Opera Mobi/9.5; U; en) VZW:SCH-i910 PPC 240x400)

are you asking momentary outage or long term outage? if longterm ,please define longterm. in 17 years on verizon ive never had an outage more than a couple hours for total communications and its been quite a while for a EVDO data outage more than a few hours. spotty coverage with lots of drops is a different story.
when the Storm1 first came out the blackberry part of vzw went down nationwide for a weekend and the national EVDO was in/out for about a week. i just forced my Dare to 1x

I'm talking about any outage, voice or data for any amount of time, not really concerned with RIM devices because they have their own issues

Kunmui
03-03-2010, 12:02 PM
VZ's nationwide data outage is supposed to be affecting BB devices only on the most "reliable" network since early this morning, services being restored ....

Here in NYC, the HTC Ozone (running WM6.5) seemed to be functioning fine and web browsing is okay - not using Exchange/push email on mine. Just checked, incoming SMS & emails on 3 different accounts arriving on time with no lags.

Data usage on backup devices running MEdiaNet on AT&T is just fine, so is T-Zone on T-Mobile. Looked like it's segments of the network & not everybody on VZW experiencing this problem as noted.

MountainBikerMark
03-04-2010, 07:51 PM

I'm talking about any outage, voice or data for any amount of time, not really concerned with RIM devices because they have their own issues

when I go through the Hampton Roads tunnel my service goes nill for about 30 seconds.
does that count? like I wrote before Ive not ever had a total disruption of service for more than a few hours. after 9/11 got a bunch of busy tones,after VaTech shooting same thing, never lost service after all the named storms that come thru Va for more than the time it took for the storm to pass. shoot after most of them vzw was the ONLY non handheld radio communication for days like after the Christmas ice storm of 99.
im not extatic about their prices but having elderly parents and younger kids causes me to need service over price so Im happy