PDA

View Full Version : Verizon LG Vortex release thread

FAUguy
11-18-2010, 12:44 AM
The LG Vortex is now listed on the Verizon site:
http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/controller?item=phoneFirst&action=viewPhoneDetail&selectedPhoneId=5569&deviceCategoryId=10

strawbearlyjamm
11-20-2010, 04:19 PM
This phone has a very attractive form factor for me. And one of the few phones now that has actual buttons (other than the Ally and the Droid X).

I'd love to have a good reivew of it from the veterans, to see what they think. I'm surprised NOBODY is talking about this at all.

Kosharek
11-21-2010, 03:35 PM
Thank you strawbearlyjamm, I feel the same way! I am dying to know what people think about this phone. I really want to know about the battery life. I just bought the HTC Incredible and the battery is horrid. I'm actually thinking about returning it for the LG Vortex, but I really want a good review before I do that. Unfortunately I only have till Wednesday to decide. Someone...Anyone...

vzkelli
11-24-2010, 03:59 PM
As far as the incredible battery life goes, install a task killer and open it up and change the autokill setting to aggressive. My battery last 13+ hours now, with widgets running too.

We aren't impressed by the screen clarity on the vortex. Other than that, I like the form factor (could be a little thinner, almost looks like it should be a slider). Should sell as an entry level Droid.

TadMorose
11-25-2010, 12:23 PM
Why is this thread in the Samsung/Galaxy S subforum?

FAUguy
11-28-2010, 12:14 AM
Why is this thread in the Samsung/Galaxy S subforum?

Now fixed.

cdavidhess
12-01-2010, 11:22 AM
I'm not thrilled by the fact that the Vortex has Bing search and Bing maps instead of the Google versions.

On the other hand, it does have Froyo.