PDA

View Full Version : Samsung I910 options

dmsmitty76
06-10-2011, 09:45 PM
I have a Samsung I910 that is just laying around doing nothing. Is there any way of disabling the radio so nobody can make calls? I'd like to give it to my niece as a wifi internet / mp3 playing device.

Itanaman
06-20-2011, 05:17 PM
You just need to disconnect the provider of phone service to it. The WIFI features will still work even without the service provider.

If it is a matter of your on a contract, then you could just have them transfer the number to another phone, like an old one you have lying around the house, or a friend or neighbor might have.

Hope this helps.

dmsmitty76
06-21-2011, 09:10 AM
No even if you don't have the phone activated 911 calls are still possible. I suppose I could disable the dialer in the registry.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Itanaman
06-22-2011, 06:49 AM
No even if you don't have the phone activated 911 calls are still possible. I suppose I could disable the dialer in the registry.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Yes that is actually the case with most cell phones today. That is also a feature, I would like my children to be able to have, that way even if they don't have access to a regular phone, they can still get help. This actually saved my life 3 years ago, I was being held captive, locked in a room, and found a cellphone there that had no service, but luckily the 911 worked. After that, it is something I have always been thankful for myself.

However, yes you may be correct, you might be able to disable the dialer in the registry, if so please let me know.

Thanks.