PDA

View Full Version : Verizon Engineering input

3G Guy
12-11-2011, 06:14 PM
Does anyone else see a lack of engineering input in these forums? They are not only the ones who make our network work, but also understand the difference between phones, frequency, and terrain. The marketing side will always separate themselves from this aspect, but any engineer will tell you different. There are too many factors that can lead to lack of coverage (even in an emergency), that are well worth hearing. This seems to be a silenced voice on the entire "Howard forum" community.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using HowardForums

lemew
12-14-2011, 10:58 PM
Wirelessly posted (Tour: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10_6_3; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.16 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0 Safari/533.16)

Engineers are the shiz but most likely don't frequent forums.

crain
03-13-2012, 10:43 AM
There were a couple of engineers here in the past, but they sort of disappeared. On a busy forum, it's hard to wade through all the prattle to happen across something that calls to your particular expertise.

rdekema
04-12-2012, 06:11 PM
I'm an engineer; just not for a cell phone company. Someone get me a job with VZW engineering and I'll give lots of input here :D

spdfrk
01-03-2013, 11:09 AM
You rang?? :hehehe:

themanhimself
01-03-2013, 03:32 PM
I have a masters in electrical engineering but there are some people here who know much much more than I do about cell phones and cell networks. People like Trocks(especially when it comes to verizon) definitely know their stuff.

There are a lot of impressive people here who know a lot.

crain
01-06-2013, 09:03 PM
You rang?? :hehehe:
Shouldn't you be retired by now? Do you remember when I sent a reception report of a 65-mile ground propagation?

spdfrk
01-11-2013, 09:40 AM
Retired?? LOL I wish....
Oh, I remember, and its not that hard to believe. I was in Raleigh, NC in 95 and turned on 1040 WHO from Des Moines and was able to tune in.

crain
01-12-2013, 02:12 PM
Ha, ha. I'll bet you weren't listening to Van & Bonnie. (morning radio show before Van & Connie) I do remember that Life Is Good would spill out posts sharing his research in CDMA technology. Then folks like me would be encouraged to get out and map our network. With the new devices on the scene, we can't beg, borrow, or steal to get a test mode that will show us anything. Especially if we have flashed an alternate ROM.

I know I've had questions that only a technician would be able to answer without necessarily revealing proprietary information.

crain
01-12-2013, 02:50 PM
http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/1647357-LTE-Markets-Rollout-Official-Discussion?p=15031883#post15031883 Here is some kind of technical talk in the LTE Rollout thread. Which helps me understand, a little, why narrow banding in the public service frequencies causes headaches.

whitetigergrowl
02-04-2013, 12:36 AM
I have a masters in electrical engineering but there are some people here who know much much more than I do about cell phones and cell networks. People like Trocks(especially when it comes to verizon) definitely know their stuff.

There are a lot of impressive people here who know a lot.

Nah just better at faking it and at BS'ing. :p

spdfrk
02-06-2013, 11:20 PM
Ha, ha. I'll bet you weren't listening to Van & Bonnie. (morning radio show before Van & Connie) I do remember that Life Is Good would spill out posts sharing his research in CDMA technology. Then folks like me would be encouraged to get out and map our network. With the new devices on the scene, we can't beg, borrow, or steal to get a test mode that will show us anything. Especially if we have flashed an alternate ROM.

I know I've had questions that only a technician would be able to answer without necessarily revealing proprietary information.

Well, you can always PM me and I'll do my best to answer it.