PDA

View Full Version : Ex Verizon Lawyer to become FCC chair

youcantseeme
01-21-2017, 01:43 AM
Bye bye net neutrality. Bye bye block C. Bye bye UDPs. Bye bye unlocked Verizon devices.
Numya amd Jet rejoice.

gvillager
01-21-2017, 09:30 AM
Bye bye net neutrality. Bye bye block C. Bye bye UDPs. Bye bye unlocked Verizon devices.
Numya amd Jet rejoice.

We knew this the minute Trump was elected. Elections have consequences.

blacksurfer
01-21-2017, 10:23 AM
Making cell service great again lol

zeus4509
01-21-2017, 11:15 AM
Has interesting implications elsewhere, would his former ties to Verizon persuade him to oppose any type of sprint/T-Mobile merger proposal?

DRNewcomb
01-21-2017, 11:17 AM
Has interesting implications elsewhere, would his former ties to Verizon persuade him to oppose any type of sprint/T-Mobile merger proposal?
Trump has a history of Twitter battles with John Leger.

zeus4509
01-21-2017, 11:26 AM
Trump has a history of Twitter battles with John Leger.
Yea but legere wouldn't really be a key figure in any type of move made by sprint. It would most likely be presented as son, someone who Trump has praised, buying out majority ownership from Duetsche Telekom. Legere also has backed off considerably on his negative comments on Trump and his recent comments even calling son a "very powerful man" are odd. If the chair of the FCC though is a former Verizon lawyer I can see his former company putting pressure on him to vote down a merger. Whether he would or not who knows. Should be interesting to watch over the next year as I really think son will try to get T-Mobile. Whether or not it gets passed....Who knows lol this is a hard adminstration to get any kind of pulse on.

Nunya_Bizness
01-21-2017, 03:38 PM
Numya amd Jet rejoice.

I'm not rejoicing at Trump being Prez. That's not political he's disgusting as person regardless of which party he belongs to. Which is the party of Trump anyways. NN rules were weak anyway, UDPs were going away anyway. MAYBE this will help end the block C BS. Which is fine by me.

CellularTrauma
01-22-2017, 11:39 AM
I'm not rejoicing at Trump being Prez. That's not political he's disgusting as person regardless of which party he belongs to. Which is the party of Trump anyways. NN rules were weak anyway, UDPs were going away anyway. MAYBE this will help end the block C BS. Which is fine by me.

Clinton even more disgusting actually having affairs while in office. The media paints this man to something he is not. Given after he chaos we've had the last 8 years, of course a rich old white man is a threat to America cause nobody wants to get up off their sorry behinds and make something of themselves, instead want it handed to them on a golden platter. Anyone who does make something of themselves, they're frowned upon by the losers who want something for nothing. The media is owned lock, stock, and barrel by the left. There is no free press in this country anymore.

You opened the door to this statement but mentioning anything political.

karpodiem
01-22-2017, 11:58 AM
The day they end UDP for everyone is the day I go to T-Mobile's $95 'lots of data' (nothing is unlimited these days) plan.

zeus4509
01-22-2017, 12:02 PM
Clinton even more disgusting actually having affairs while in office. The media paints this man to something he is not. Given after he chaos we've had the last 8 years, of course a rich old white man is a threat to America cause nobody wants to get up off their sorry behinds and make something of themselves, instead want it handed to them on a golden platter. Anyone who does make something of themselves, they're frowned upon by the losers who want something for nothing. The media is owned lock, stock, and barrel by the left. There is no free press in this country anymore.

You opened the door to this statement but mentioning anything political.
No, people are frowned upon by their actions and words, the losers are the ones who defend them to no end. What are you talking about? I've read media reports saying this inagruation was the most watched ever!!! It was on a media website, right next to the story about Obama's death camps he set up and him changing the laws so that he would never leave office. I believe your people refer to these as "alternative facts" now.....

CellularTrauma
01-22-2017, 12:38 PM
No, people are frowned upon by their actions and words, the losers are the ones who defend them to no end. What are you talking about? I've read media reports saying this inagruation was the most watched ever!!! It was on a media website, right next to the story about Obama's death camps he set up and him changing the laws so that he would never leave office. I believe your people refer to these as "alternative facts" now.....

The same news sites stating he was Gonna lose 18 months straight. From the primaries to the general, he mopped the floor and they're still crying about it. Obama; the messiah: printed 10 trillion dollars, doubling the debt, were bankrupt. This is the sick and demented reality of the left: Everything is a right from your house to your phone to your healthcare, where nothing has a cost to it. Let's just print money and house and feed the entire world cause love is the answer to all our problems. You're a victim of the worlds most dangerous disease of liberalism. Go ahead and ban me, I got about 10 other usernames and I'll go right back at it.

zeus4509
01-22-2017, 12:46 PM
The same news sites stating he was Gonna lose 18 months straight. From the primaries to the general, he mopped the floor and they're still crying about it. Obama; the messiah: printed 10 trillion dollars, doubling the debt, were bankrupt. This is the sick and demented reality of the left: Everything is a right from your house to your phone to your healthcare, where nothing has a cost to it. Let's just print money and house and feed the entire world cause love is the answer to all our problems. You're a victim of the worlds most dangerous disease of liberalism. Go ahead and ban me, I got about 10 other usernames and I'll go right back at it.
Hahahahahaha!!!! Hahahahahaha!!!!! Wait one more time...Hahahahahahaha!!!!!!! Oh I can't stop, HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! oh man, hahahahahaha. That was good. Whew. Anyways, I've had my good laugh of the day, thanks!! Back on topic.

CellularTrauma
01-22-2017, 01:27 PM
Hahahahahaha!!!! Hahahahahaha!!!!! Wait one more time...Hahahahahahaha!!!!!!! Oh I can't stop, HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! oh man, hahahahahaha. That was good. Whew. Anyways, I've had my good laugh of the day, thanks!! Back on topic.

That's all you can do is laugh cause you got nailed to a cross with a dose of reality.

zeus4509
01-22-2017, 01:41 PM
That's all you can do is laugh cause you got nailed to a cross with a dose of reality.
No, I laugh because of ignorance. As this isn't a political forum I don't believe I need to justify my beliefs here by arguing with someone who I neither care about, nor have any respect for to explain my beliefs, also I'm comfortable enough in my own beliefs that your approval or dissatisfaction in them would be meaningless to me. I don't need 10 profiles as you do to try to convince everybody to believe what I do. So yes, I laugh in your face again. HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! But, don't feel bad, I'm not the first nor only person who's ever laughed in your face and blew you off like you didn't matter, but, by all means, keep on rocking with all 10 of your users names you claim to have HAHAHA it's clearly serving you well in life :)

caddypower
01-22-2017, 02:24 PM
I'm staying out of politics since it usually just ends in fights.

As for the lawyer hopefully it doesn't mean a lot of bad stuff for the customers.

Sent from my XT1030 using HoFo mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=78522)

reggie14
01-23-2017, 05:24 PM
Ajit Pai, staunch opponent of consumer protection rules, is now FCC chair (http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2017/01/fcc-to-be-led-by-ajit-pai-staunch-opponent-of-consumer-protection-rules/) (Ars Technica)

Wide_opeN
01-31-2017, 09:35 PM
This doesn't bode well...

reggie14
02-03-2017, 05:25 PM
That was quick.
FCC rescinds claim that AT&T and Verizon violated net neutrality (https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2017/02/fcc-rescinds-claim-that-att-and-verizon-violated-net-neutrality/)