PDA

View Full Version : T-Mobile Internet to >>> 4G or 5G hotspot in my house do they make it ?

rtoledo2002
12-13-2020, 05:45 PM
Greetings evryone and Happy Holidays

We just got off a Zoom / Discord chat with our daughter and grandkids in Oklahoma. their T Mobile towers are far from their house in Coweta , OK . SO is there a device they can connect to their internet provider COX cable , and provide a 4G / 5G hotspot in the house ?

Just to save some time I know T-mobile sells a new 5g hotspot that uses the CELL TOWER > to provide WI-FI in the house.

BUT that will not work for said distance to tower. so is there a device that provides a cell tower in the house ? so the cell phones work no matter what ?

Thank you all in advance

trek83
12-13-2020, 08:21 PM
Wifi calling should work via current Cox internet, depending on their phone capabilities.

Maybe I’m missing something here ? You may be asking about a signal booster. How is the Internet strength ?

Another option with iPhones is FaceTime Audio , or Google Duo Audio call on android - again, these use wifi or cellular data ( which is not

available due to tower distance ? )

bobdevnul
12-14-2020, 06:58 AM
Greetings evryone and Happy Holidays

We just got off a Zoom / Discord chat with our daughter and grandkids in Oklahoma. their T Mobile towers are far from their house in Coweta , OK . SO is there a device they can connect to their internet provider COX cable , and provide a 4G / 5G hotspot in the house ?

Just to save some time I know T-mobile sells a new 5g hotspot that uses the CELL TOWER > to provide WI-FI in the house.

BUT that will not work for said distance to tower. so is there a device that provides a cell tower in the house ? so the cell phones work no matter what ?

Thank you all in advance

The term you are looking for is micro or femtocell

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/coverage/4g-lte-cellspot

I don't know if they still provide or sell them. Wifi calling is generally a better option if you have cable Internet.

rtoledo2002
12-15-2020, 05:40 PM
Wifi calling should work via current Cox internet, depending on their phone capabilities.

Maybe Iím missing something here ? You may be asking about a signal booster. How is the Internet strength ?

Another option with iPhones is FaceTime Audio , or Google Duo Audio call on android - again, these use wifi or cellular data ( which is not

available due to tower distance ? )

We ended doing just what you say , BUT COX is horrible in that area , man they really screw people out in RURAl areas, I had my daughter who is on Sprint (work phone) and my 2 teenage grand kids that are on Tmobile (I pay for their phones on my account) I had them download " network cell info " and it looks like the Tmobile cell tower in Coweta are extremely far from their house (fairly new track of homes in a HOA ) .

I guess it's going to be this way for a while, my granddaughter says she get's NO data at home, but does when she goes to work. all 3 have 2020 phones non 5g , but almost new.

I found some outdoor antennas on Amazon , but I'm not sure if they are TRANSceivers or just receiving antennas. if it was a transceivers, then the phones could send their signals out that yagi looking antenna , they also have some inside plastic cones , guess I have to do some searching to see how those work

thank you both for your answers :buddies: