• Feb 13: National Break Up With Your Carrier Day is Back for Verizon customers



    Dear Verizon victims who lurk these parts: Your friends here on HoFo have told you... for what 4 years now... that Verizon is for old ladies who pay too much for flip phones and pay for groceries with checks...kidding.... We get it and understand the pain/embarrassment.



    Chin up to those of you currently disenfranchised with the Big Red death grip and currently on the fence to switch to Magenta! Word on the street from sources familiar with the matter claim that T-Mobile wants to focus on National Break Up With Your Carrier Day on February 13th.

    The Uncarrier decided to offer Verizon customers a bit more flexibility as part of its #GetOutOfTheRed campaign which gives a $650 in existing equipment installment plan balances per line using your existing compatible smartphone.

    A few new models will be supported starting February 13th. Hereís the full list with the new models in bold:

    • iPhone SE
    • iPhone 6s
    • iPhone 6s Plus
    • iPhone 7
    • iPhone 7 Plus
    • iPhone 8
    • iPhone 8 Plus
    • iPhone X
    • iPhone XR
    • iPhone XS
    • iPhone XS Max
    • Pixel
    • Pixel XL
    • Pixel 2
    • Pixel 2 XL
    • Pixel 3
    • Pixel 3 XL
    • Galaxy S8
    • Galaxy S8+
    • Galaxy Note 8
    • Galaxy S9
    • Galaxy S9+


    Don't have Verizon but still pining to switch to Magenta? Well there still is the $650 in EIP coverage with Carrier Freedom program that you could use but that requires that you turn in your old phone and purchase a new one.

    https://pocketnow.com/t-mobile-expan...izon-swtiching
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Feb 13: National Break Up With Your Carrier Day is Back for Verizon customers started by @TheRealDanny View original post
    Comments 47 Comments
    1. thotguy31's Avatar
      thotguy31 -
      Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
      Attachment 161497

      Dear Verizon victims who lurk these parts: Your friends here on HoFo have told you... for what 4 years now... that Verizon is for old ladies who pay too much for flip phones and pay for groceries with checks...kidding... Look we get it and understand the pain/embarrassment.



      Chin up to those of you currently disenfranchised with the Big Red death grip and currently and on the fence to switch to Magenta! Word on the street from sources familiar with the matter claim that T-Mobile wants to focus on National Break Up With Your Carrier Day on February 13th.

      The Uncarrier decided to offer Verizon customers a bit more flexibility as part of its #GetOutOfTheRed campaign which gives a $650 in existing equipment installment plan balances per line using your existing compatible smartphone.

      A few new models will be supported starting February 13th. Hereís the full list with the new models in bold:

      • iPhone SE
      • iPhone 6s
      • iPhone 6s Plus
      • iPhone 7
      • iPhone 7 Plus
      • iPhone 8
      • iPhone 8 Plus
      • iPhone X
      • iPhone XR
      • iPhone XS
      • iPhone XS Max
      • Pixel
      • Pixel XL
      • Pixel 2
      • Pixel 2 XL
      • Pixel 3
      • Pixel 3 XL
      • Galaxy S8
      • Galaxy S8+
      • Galaxy Note 8
      • Galaxy S9
      • Galaxy S9+


      Don't have Verizon but still pining to switch to Magenta? Well there still is the $650 in EIP coverage with Carrier Freedom program that you could use but that requires that you turn in your old phone and purchase a new one.

      https://pocketnow.com/t-mobile-expan...izon-swtiching
      At&t has alot of phones ( even more then VZW) that work on TMO. They should add get out of the Blue also

      Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
    1. DiamondLink's Avatar
      DiamondLink -
      Canít do OutofTheBlue because ATTís phone arenít unlocked by default like VZW. It would be much harder to provide such a program for ATT customers despite the device compatibility.

      Carrier freedom is as good as itís gonna get until ATT decides not to lock their phones.
    1. thotguy31's Avatar
      thotguy31 -
      Quote Originally Posted by DiamondLink View Post
      Canít do OutofTheBlue because ATTís phone arenít unlocked by default like VZW. It would be much harder to provide such a program for ATT customers despite the device compatibility.

      Carrier freedom is as good as itís gonna get until ATT decides not to lock their phones.
      Good point. VZW was required by the FCC to not lock cause they got all the Nationwide 10x10 B13 Where att didn't with B12.

      Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
    1. @TheRealDanny's Avatar
      @TheRealDanny -
      Quote Originally Posted by DiamondLink View Post
      Can’t do OutofTheBlue because ATT’s phone aren’t unlocked by default like VZW. It would be much harder to provide such a program for ATT customers despite the device compatibility.

      Carrier freedom is as good as it’s gonna get until ATT decides not to lock their phones.
      T-Mobile could offer to unlock competitors phones as one of their upcoming Uncarrier moves if they need another idea?

      But... and there's always a big butt, right? For that to happen their retail channels would have to be empowered to handle unlocks instantly and reliably. @JohnLegere #Uncarrier
    1. i0wnj00's Avatar
      i0wnj00 -
      Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
      T-Mobile could offer to unlock competitors phones as one of their upcoming Uncarrier moves if they need another idea?
      I wonder how that works because the consumer has to initiate the request to unlock the device and if there's a 2 year contract or EIP then that has to be paid off first before AT&T will unlock the device. T-Mobile would have to be willing to pay off the ETF or EIP before AT&T will consider unlocking it.
    1. DebiLee's Avatar
      DebiLee -
      I’m quite happy with my Verizon service. I get better service and more importantly VoLTE HD Voice actually works when calling AT&T customers.
    1. @TheRealDanny's Avatar
      @TheRealDanny -
      Quote Originally Posted by i0wnj00 View Post
      I wonder how that works because the consumer has to initiate the request to unlock the device and if there's a 2 year contract or EIP then that has to be paid off first before AT&T will unlock the device. T-Mobile would have to be willing to pay off the ETF or EIP before AT&T will consider unlocking it.
      Excellent point.
    1. smsgator's Avatar
      smsgator -
      Quote Originally Posted by DebiLee View Post
      Iím quite happy with my Verizon service. I get better service and more importantly VoLTE HD Voice actually works when calling AT&T customers.
      The problem with Verizon service is that you get much better coverage than with T-Mobile. So you receive a lot more calls and you also waste more time online.

      With T-Mobile you'll have peace and quiet once you leave their limited coverage area (just don't experience any emergencies). You'll also save money because you won't be buying unnecessary junk on eBay or Amazon. I miss the solitude of being on T-Mobile, calls just going to voice mail, and no compulsion to constantly be checking e-mail or play Farmville.
    1. daleraver's Avatar
      daleraver -
      Sounds like a good deal for many who are less impressed with all the hype about VZ's great coverage advantage. 99.8% of us have as good or better service on T-Mobile already.
    1. NotABiot's Avatar
      NotABiot -
      Breaking up with my carrier means losing half of my coverage. If you want me to do this, T-Mobile, completely match Verizon's coverage footprint.
    1. NotABiot's Avatar
      NotABiot -
      Quote Originally Posted by daleraver View Post
      Sounds like a good deal for many who are less impressed with all the hype about VZ's great coverage advantage. 99.8% of us have as good or better service on T-Mobile already.
      It's not just hype. A couple of years ago, Verizon was at least 30% better than T-Mobile. The gap has closed, but it still exists. It's not just nationwide: if I switched to T-Mobile right now, I'd have to put up with my phone having no signal much of the time: areas all completely covered by the big red.
    1. DRNewcomb's Avatar
      DRNewcomb -
      Quote Originally Posted by NotABiot View Post
      Breaking up with my carrier means losing half of my coverage. If you want me to do this, T-Mobile, completely match Verizon's coverage footprint.
      It's not just rural, too. I've recently learned that Verizon is the only carrier providing service in the LIRR tunnels around NYC. While that's not a big deal to me, I'm sure for folks who ride the LIRR every day, it's important. So, even in a big city, which would normally be considered T-Mobile's "home turf", Verizon has a coverage advantage.

      BTW, I know it won't happen but AT&T and T-Mobile could go partners, like they did with the short-lived GSM Corridors, to provide service in some of these difficult places, like RR tunnels.
    1. JimMcGraff's Avatar
      JimMcGraff -
      Not to take it off topic but typically they do jump on a neutral host system in places like that although sometimes a carrier, like Verizon, takes the charge to install the equipment and radiax (leaky coax) and charges others later on when they want in.
    1. DiamondLink's Avatar
      DiamondLink -
      Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
      It's not just rural, too. I've recently learned that Verizon is the only carrier providing service in the LIRR tunnels around NYC. While that's not a big deal to me, I'm sure for folks who ride the LIRR every day, it's important. So, even in a big city, which would normally be considered T-Mobile's "home turf", Verizon has a coverage advantage.
      Only reason VZW has the advantage at the LIRR tunnels is because they have the exclusive contract. No other carrier can do anything about it until it expires (unless itís renewed).
    1. @TheRealDanny's Avatar
      @TheRealDanny -
      Quote Originally Posted by smsgator View Post
      I miss the solitude of being on T-Mobile, calls just going to voice mail, and no compulsion to constantly be checking e-mail or play Farmville.
      Did you cancel T-Mobile again last week or something? LOL

      On January 27th you just told us this:

      Quote Originally Posted by smsgator View Post
      I do have T-Mobile service, one line.
    1. smsgator's Avatar
      smsgator -
      Quote Originally Posted by daleraver View Post
      Sounds like a good deal for many who are less impressed with all the hype about VZ's great coverage advantage. 99.8% of us have as good or better service on T-Mobile already.
      If you look at the coverage maps, or visit less populated areas, you'll quickly understand that the coverage differences are very real, and not just hype. For many users, that never leave more populated areas. T-Mobile can be a very good deal, but for those people that tend to travel through more rural areas, the lack of coverage is a very real issue.
    1. smsgator's Avatar
      smsgator -
      Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
      Did you cancel T-Mobile again last week or something? LOL

      On January 27th you just told us this:
      I still have that one line. I don't use it much. It's on a small phone that I like to take with me on local bicycle rides where a smart phone is too large.

      You're really grasping at straws here.
    1. shilohcane's Avatar
      shilohcane -
      Quote Originally Posted by smsgator View Post
      I still have that one line. I don't use it much. It's on a small phone that I like to take with me on local bicycle rides where a smart phone is too large.

      You're really grasping at straws here.
      So since you canceled four or by now five AT&T Cricket lines and moved them to a Verizon NVNO but you still keep your T-Mobile. I guess you feel that T-Mobile is better than AT&T or you would have fired T-Mobile before you cut bait on all those AT&T lines... Really who would keep paying for a service you think is so bad you post about month after month complain about T-Mobile?

      Quote Originally Posted by smsgator View Post
      I miss the solitude of being on T-Mobile, calls just going to voice mail, and no compulsion to constantly be checking e-mail or play Farmville.
      ... Also, what non-smart phone that is small are you using on your T-Mobile line, maybe a flip phone or some phone that is missing many of T-Mobile's spectrum bands?
    1. NotABiot's Avatar
      NotABiot -
      Quote Originally Posted by DiamondLink View Post
      Only reason VZW has the advantage at the LIRR tunnels is because they have the exclusive contract. No other carrier can do anything about it until it expires (unless itís renewed).

      Just more evidence for the case that exclusive contracts for such matters should be entirely abolished. In matters like this, they come across corruption/crony capitalism.

      It makes sense for an exclusive contract to, say, pave the parking lot of the government center (you can't have a bunch of pavers at one time!) but they make no sense for such telecommunication utilities.
    1. NotABiot's Avatar
      NotABiot -
      Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
      Did you cancel T-Mobile again last week or something? LOL

      On January 27th you just told us this:
      Haha. good catch.

      I'm still off T-Mobile, but there's still a good chance I will test-drive it this summer, and see how it shakes out in Leelanau County.
  • Sponsored By

  • Facebook

  • Recent Reviews

  • Recent Forum Posts

    hyelton

    Yeah that is the method. But like I said above....

    Yeah that is the method. But like I said above. Redpocket GSMA users have issues with getting call forwarding setup and need to use an iPhone to set it up on there sim


    Sent from my iPhone...

    hyelton Today, 11:48 AM Go to last post
    Hindolam

    In case of Pixel, it's either US version or the...

    In case of Pixel, it's either US version or the international version. The US versions are already in both Sprint and Verizon whitelist. But the international ones are not. I think that's the reason...

    Hindolam Today, 11:47 AM Go to last post
    TadMorose

    Reporting these posts to the mod is useless. I...

    Reporting these posts to the mod is useless. I will raise this issue with senior admins.

    Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

    TadMorose Today, 11:44 AM Go to last post
    Fantasy2c

    Looks like Verizon caught on

    I live in the thumb of Michigan and have been using Verizon prepaid for awhile now with no issues minus terrible speeds. Well today I woke up to being in extended network so it looks like they've...

    Fantasy2c Today, 11:37 AM Go to last post
    DRNewcomb

    Cruise ships go out of their way to generate...

    Cruise ships go out of their way to generate roaming revenue. Your phone could be out of reach or off and they will still forward the call and charge you round-trip tolls. Best to activate...

    DRNewcomb Today, 11:36 AM Go to last post