• Bell Raises Rates for Unlimited Plans, Overages



    Bell must be getting lots of signups for their version of the $75/10GB "unlimited" plan, as they've just raised their monthly rate to $85. And that's not all: as iPhone in Canada reports, their 20GB plan has also gone up by ten bucks, and they've removed the 50GB option altogether.

    I guess there's such a thing as too much data...?

    If you're not on an unlimited plan, don't worry—Bell has a separate surprise for you. Data overages on non-unlimited plans will now be subject to a $0.12 per megabyte price hike over and above 500MB. Surprise!

    Source: iPhone in Canada (1) (2)

    ---------
    Andrew Currie has been blogging about mobile phones since 2001, smartphones (depending on how you define them) since 2002 and smartwatches since 2014.
    ---------
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Bell is going to increase unlimited plans by $10, $85 for 10gb! started by emann56 View original post
    Comments 10 Comments
    1. ddsdude's Avatar
      ddsdude -
      And it's done! The new prices are live. Corporate greed at its finest. Not even 2 months since launch of these plans, a $10 increase. I can imagine what the price will be in a year.

      Rogers and Telus to match in 3....2.....1.....
    1. @Class's Avatar
      @Class -
      Quote Originally Posted by ddsdude View Post
      And it's done! The new prices are live. Corporate greed at its finest. Not even 2 months since launch of these plans, a $10 increase. I can imagine what the price will be in a year.

      Rogers and Telus to match in 3....2.....1.....
      Uh-o I jumped from Virgin to Telus for this, time to jump back already?
    1. emann56's Avatar
      emann56 -
      Quote Originally Posted by @Class View Post
      Uh-o I jumped from Virgin to Telus for this, time to jump back already?
      I don't think it will affect current customers rate plan ( For now..... Remember $60 10gb?)
    1. can3gxw's Avatar
      can3gxw -
      Quote Originally Posted by emann56 View Post
      I don't think it will affect current customers rate plan ( For now..... Remember $60 10gb?)
      I bet you that it will. This plan was BYOD meaning no contract. Meaning "we reserve the right to increase your plan at any time"
    1. @Class's Avatar
      @Class -
      Quote Originally Posted by can3gxw View Post
      I bet you that it will. This plan was BYOD meaning no contract. Meaning "we reserve the right to increase your plan at any time"
      Well if they did everyone is just going to jump ship - again. The nice thing about number porting is it's quick, convenient and in most cases to a new line online - free.
    1. acurrie's Avatar
      acurrie -
      [Putting this thread on the front page...]

      Attachment 163497

      Bell must be getting lots of signups for their version of the $75/10GB "unlimited" plan, as they've just raised their monthly rate to $85. And that's not all: as iPhone in Canada reports, their 20GB plan has also gone up by ten bucks, and they've removed the 50GB option altogether.

      I guess there's such a thing as too much data...?

      If you're not on an unlimited plan, don't worry—Bell has a separate surprise for you. Data overages on non-unlimited plans will now be subject to a $0.12 per megabyte price hike over and above 500MB. Surprise!

      Source: iPhone in Canada (1) (2)
    1. emann56's Avatar
      emann56 -
      Quote Originally Posted by acurrie View Post
      [Putting this thread on the front page...]

      Attachment 163497

      Bell must be getting lots of signups for their version of the $75/10GB "unlimited" plan, as they've just raised their monthly rate to $85. And that's not all: as iPhone in Canada reports, their 20GB plan has also gone up by ten bucks, and they've removed the 50GB option altogether.

      I guess there's such a thing as too much data...?

      If you're not on an unlimited plan, don't worry—Bell has a separate surprise for you. Data overages on non-unlimited plans will now be subject to a $0.12 per megabyte price hike over and above 500MB. Surprise!

      Source: iPhone in Canada (1) (2)
      Is it me or did Bell reverse the changes? No more $70 5GB plan, no more $10 increase and they brought back the 50GB plan.

      https://www.bell.ca/Mobility/Cell_ph...nlimited-plans
    1. gordon1111's Avatar
      gordon1111 -
      Looks like it.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1. ddsdude's Avatar
      ddsdude -
      They forgot to change the price in the text description where it says “our unlimited data plans start at $85”. I guess when Rogers and Telus didn’t bite they had no choice. Rogers also offers a true US/Canada plan for $20 more. Bell only adds US calling for that price.

      Rogers looks like the white knight here as they’re also the only ones allowing shareable data on the unlimited plan. Too bad they have the worst network.
    1. emann56's Avatar
      emann56 -
      Quote Originally Posted by ddsdude View Post
      They forgot to change the price in the text description where it says “our unlimited data plans start at $85”. I guess when Rogers and Telus didn’t bite they had no choice. Rogers also offers a true US/Canada plan for $20 more. Bell only adds US calling for that price.

      Rogers looks like the white knight here as they’re also the only ones allowing shareable data on the unlimited plan. Too bad they have the worst network.
      Rogers also has a $15 for 3GB data add-on where the other 2 (even Freedom) it's not even close. I think Rogers is looking out in the future when Freedom launches its 600mhz band.
  • Sponsored By

  • Facebook

  • Recent Reviews

  • Recent Forum Posts

    veriztd

    In that case, enough advice has been offered to...

    In that case, enough advice has been offered to the OP and time to close this thread.

    veriztd Today, 03:38 PM Go to last post
    NotABiot

    And God bless your heart, Unit.

    And God bless your heart, Unit.

    NotABiot Today, 03:24 PM Go to last post
    loboheeler

    If the Verizon CDMA shutdown had happened end of...

    If the Verizon CDMA shutdown had happened end of this year, the phone would have quit working while on warranty. With the pushed out shutdown date that will not be an option to force them to take...

    loboheeler Today, 03:21 PM Go to last post
    jgrobe

    Start with this Wikipedia article:...

    Start with this Wikipedia article:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_operating_system

    jgrobe Today, 03:17 PM Go to last post
    trackVW

    you can only unlock 2 phones every 12 months , ...

    you can only unlock 2 phones every 12 months ,

    But this time the TMO store ( actually a mobile truck) did not connect the esim to my phone number ,
    I guess it was connected once I put the...

    trackVW Today, 03:12 PM Go to last post