Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Use your Pearl as a BT Modem under OS X

Device(s)
    BlackBerry 8100
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Use your Pearl as a BT Modem under OS X

In case there are any Mac users here, I've written a Modem Script to let you use your Pearl as a Bluetooth modem under OS X.
    You can grab a copy here. Let me know if it works for you, and what I can do to improve it.
    Last edited by ggoodale; 09-13-2006 at 12:16 PM.

Device(s)
    Pearl
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Can you go ahead and whip some code up that will allow me to sync with my MAC and Pearl? Cool, thanks...
    :-)

Quote Originally Posted by ggoodale
    In case there are any Mac users here, I've written a Modem Script to let you use your Pearl as a Bluetooth modem under OS X.
    You can grab a copy here. Let me know if it works for you, and what I can do to improve it.
    -------------------------------------------
    P Murphy
    www.brandthunder.com
    --------------------------------------------

Device(s)
    BlackBerry 8100
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I'll get right on that.

Device(s)
    Pearl
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    one serious question though..

I went thru the instructions you provided and went to internet connection and it just hangs on estalishing connection.. any settings I should be concerned with for the 8100?

thanks for creating this !!!

Patrick

I'll get right on that.

Device(s)
    Nokia E71
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    any way of writing one for the 8700 G and OS X...there currently is a bounty way over 500+ dollars to the first person who can make the 8700G work as a modem in OS X over at blackberryforums.com

Device(s)
    BlackBerry 8100
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pjmurphy
    one serious question though..

I went thru the instructions you provided and went to internet connection and it just hangs on estalishing connection.. any settings I should be concerned with for the 8100?

thanks for creating this !!!

Patrick
    Hmm. That's interesting. The one thing I did change on my phone was to set an APN - not sure if it matters, but you can try it. You'll want to go to:

Options > Advanced Options > TCP

and set APN to wap.voicestream.com. I have the username set to 'wap', no password. I doubt that would fix the problem, but give it a try.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry 8100
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dmxsoulja3
    any way of writing one for the 8700 G and OS X...there currently is a bounty way over 500+ dollars to the first person who can make the 8700G work as a modem in OS X over at blackberryforums.com
    Sorry, I don't have an 8700g and I don't believe that model has the necessary DUN bluetooth profile to make it work.

Feedback Score
    The link isn't working for me. This would be unreal if it works... first time ever. Can someone who has it repost it on another site that's not dead? I want it. Or email it to me [email protected]

Thanks

Device(s)
    BlackBerry 8100
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Yeah, my hosting provider decided today was a great day to have hard drive troubles. Either that, or a horde of rampaging HoFo'ers crashed them.

My directions for using the script are on my site as well, of course. If I can get the script off my server I'll attach it to a post here along with the directions.

Device(s)
    Nokia E71
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Our profiles are headset, handsfree, desktop connectivity, wireless bypass...what does the 8100 have?

Device(s)
    BlackBerry 8100
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Our profiles are headset, handsfree, desktop connectivity, wireless bypass...what does the 8100 have?
    Hmm. Okay, that's the same profiles I have listed. When you paired your 8700g with your Mac, did the Bluetooth setup wizard ask if you wanted to use your phone as a modem?

Device(s)
    Nokia E71
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I don't know what the problem is with the 8700 and mac.. but even the other BB's require 3rd party software.. check out this link...it has info about the bounty.. if you can come up with something, your going to collect...us 8700 owners are willing to pay bro lol

http://www.alexking.org/blog/2006/06...00-mac-bounty/

Device(s)
    BlackBerry 8100
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Okay, I managed to scrape a copy of the script from my server's flaming wreckage, I've attached it to this post. You can see the instructions for installing it here. Delete the .txt extension before you install it (the forum wouldn't let me upload it without an extension).
    Attached Files Attached Files

Device(s)
    BlackBerry 8100
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I don't know what the problem is with the 8700 and mac.. but even the other BB's require 3rd party software.. check out this link...it has info about the bounty.. if you can come up with something, your going to collect...us 8700 owners are willing to pay bro lol

http://www.alexking.org/blog/2006/06...00-mac-bounty/
    I've corresponded with the owner of that site, and he's tried my script - no dice. The 8700 doesn't have the proper Bluetooth profile to work with the Mac as a modem. Sorry!

Device(s)
    Nokia E71
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    man your going to have to make me buy an 8100 you suck lol... can you post a speed test result from ur script from speakeasy.net/speedtest and pick a server near you?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast