Page 9 of 62 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 59 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 920

Thread: **Discussion of Features** Nokia N75 (APPROVED)

  1. #121
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    2 doors down from where Jack rollsover in his orange colored garbage can next to the new AT&T.
    Posts
    689
    Device(s)
    Nokia S60 Flip, Nokia S40 Bar, Nokia S20 Bar
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by irockash
    I HAVE PICTURES OF THE N75 WITH CINGULAR. I'll post them as soon as i get gone (hopefully not more then an hour). Ran into a guy that works for nokia... he says itll be out november 24th. Hell yes!
    A lot of Cingular upper management also has them as well. Consumer release is a whole different story...

    Nokia people will not know the release date... and do not know very much when comes to Cingular operations other than their speculations.

    Just like how they thought we were still launching the 6126 after we already cancelled it.
    Last edited by Soopafly; 10-21-2006 at 09:58 PM.

  2. #122
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    390
    Device(s)
    Palm Treo 750
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    it will come its coming for the holidays because if it doesnt come we are gonna be in deep doodoo with the overstock of the handsets that were allegedly ordered from nokia like right now rumor has it that we are stocking up on the 750 and the 680 and they are planning on launching a week apart from each other. Its not so much speculations but whether nokia can get us enough handsets on time which has not been the case if we cannot get it on time then nokia can shove them like they did the 6282 and 6126. Nokia seemed to overproduce handsets like the 6682 and stuff and when it came to new handsets they cant seem to come up with enough. Also I would like to say that Cingular needs more than a certain amount in stock to ship to retail, NBO, Direct Fullfill and other divisions of the company. Thats why we havent launched a couple handsets yet. Think of it this way how many retail cingular locations are there and, each location usually gets a pack of 10. how many is that.

  3. #123
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    inside a Faraday cage
    Posts
    9,119
    Device(s)
    whatever you don't have
    Carrier(s)
    Stan & Ed since 1993
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by cuidinsider
    it will come its coming for the holidays because if it doesnt come we are gonna be in deep doodoo with the overstock of the handsets that were allegedly ordered from nokia like right now rumor has it that we are stocking up on the 750 and the 680 and they are planning on launching a week apart from each other. Its not so much speculations but whether nokia can get us enough handsets on time which has not been the case if we cannot get it on time then nokia can shove them like they did the 6282 and 6126. Nokia seemed to overproduce handsets like the 6682 and stuff and when it came to new handsets they cant seem to come up with enough. Also I would like to say that Cingular needs more than a certain amount in stock to ship to retail, NBO, Direct Fullfill and other divisions of the company. Thats why we havent launched a couple handsets yet. Think of it this way how many retail cingular locations are there and, each location usually gets a pack of 10. how many is that.
    that read like one long sentence

  4. #124
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Sacramento
    Posts
    3,300
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Wait, if it hasnt been approved, then why would the Nokia flagship store here in NYC have them already for demo purposes? The guy let me play with every function and test it and said it should be here soon. That demo phone was not branded.
    @Maevro

  5. #125
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    DFW
    Posts
    856
    Device(s)
    BlackBerry Bold 9700
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Well then, i guess just to tease....




    He came into our stores asking how the E62s were doing, and then pulled this bad boy out... he did seem confident on a november release....

  6. #126
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    DFW
    Posts
    856
    Device(s)
    BlackBerry Bold 9700
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ccrows
    Any info on ballpark prices?

    The man said something about 150 after "subsidies". That was something he thought. Hopefully i'll run into him again...

  7. #127
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    127
    Device(s)
    iPhone 3G 16gb black (simply amazing)
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    0
    irockash, thanks for this. its really appreciated. for 150, this phone is a steal!! im excited as this will def be my next phone,

  8. #128
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    DFW
    Posts
    856
    Device(s)
    BlackBerry Bold 9700
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    I dont know how good of a quote that 150 is... its of course the contract price. It seems kinda cheap, but then again, w810i is the same price after rebate, and the cu500 is going for 120 after rebates, so it does seem plausible. if thats the case, itll be probably 300 w/o contract... which is a steal in itself.

    Oh, and so my coworker doesnt throw a fit, those are pictures by Ralph (taken on a pearl).
    Last edited by irockash; 10-22-2006 at 02:25 AM.

  9. #129
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    chicago
    Posts
    217
    Device(s)
    i880
    Carrier(s)
    nextel/sprint
    Feedback Score
    0
    Nokia flagship store in chicago has 1 on display

  10. #130
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Texas baby!
    Posts
    14,560
    Device(s)
    Nokia N97 Black NAM
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Anyone who can play with it, answer me this (VERY important to me)

    Does it have the same java limitations that Cingular's been putting on their phones recently? Can you run Opera Mini or Google Maps without it asking permission for EVERY connection? If not, then I'll stick with my unbrandedness, despite my desire for a UMTS S60 phone.

  11. #131
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,807
    Device(s)
    9700
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Rcadden
    Does it have the same java limitations that Cingular's been putting on their phones recently? Can you run Opera Mini or Google Maps without it asking permission for EVERY connection? If not, then I'll stick with my unbrandedness, despite my desire for a UMTS S60 phone.
    Can't you override that in the Application Manager program? I always could in the past with S60 phones.

  12. #132
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    North Carolina, USA
    Posts
    4,881
    Device(s)
    iPhone 3GS, N78, N82, N81 8GB,N95-4, N95-3, N95-1 PINK!, N73 PINK/WHITE!, N90 proto, OEM Pink N-Gage
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Well since I plan on porting from T-Mo to Cingular I might just wait for this phone to come out.

  13. #133
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Texas baby!
    Posts
    14,560
    Device(s)
    Nokia N97 Black NAM
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnycat26
    Can't you override that in the Application Manager program? I always could in the past with S60 phones.
    on unbranded ones you can, but the latest Cingular branded ones you can't. There's so many E62 users frustrated by it, and rightfully so. Apparently other non-s60 phones are affected, also, like the CE500, i believe.

    Last I heard it has something to do with a java-app certificate program that Cingular's Development has going, that's how come the java apps you buy from Cingular don't have the problem.

  14. #134
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    I'm like the Matrix, everywhere and nowhere, baby.
    Posts
    1,429
    Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson K790a + HBH610a & HM82 + 1GB M2
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular Premier (Orange)
    Feedback Score
    0
    Hmmm, any idea how soon this will be released? Although I'm getting a K790a, this may be a nice second phone to pick up...
    Phone contracts are like relationships, always make the smallest possible commitment

  15. #135
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Sacramento
    Posts
    3,300
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Rcadden
    on unbranded ones you can, but the latest Cingular branded ones you can't. There's so many E62 users frustrated by it, and rightfully so. Apparently other non-s60 phones are affected, also, like the CE500, i believe.

    Last I heard it has something to do with a java-app certificate program that Cingular's Development has going, that's how come the java apps you buy from Cingular don't have the problem.
    Thats because every one of those e62 customers havent changed the setting. I
    have never once had that issue once you change the setting and most people in the e62 thread didnt run into it either once they changed it.

    The N75 is set for a Q1 release but most Nokia reps seem to think it will be out much faster.

Page 9 of 62 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 59 ... LastLast

Bookmarks