Thread: 275 Million People Covered

Device(s)
    G1
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

275 Million People Covered

The latest tally of how many people are covered by T-Mobile with her agreements......... 275,000,000 Makes those "largest network" claims seem somewhat frivolous now I can't wait to see how all that spectrum is put to use!

About T-Mobile USA Inc.

Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile USA, Inc. is a member of the T-Mobile International group, the mobile telecommunications subsidiary of Deutsche Telekom AG. T-Mobile USA's GSM/GPRS voice and data networks in the United States (including roaming and other agreements) reach more than 275 million people. In addition, T-Mobile operates the largest carrier-grade, commercial wireless broadband network in the United States, providing Wi-Fi access at more than 7,800 public locations throughout the country, with further Wi-Fi access being made available at nearly 30,000 international roaming locations. For more information, visit the company Web site at http://www.t-mobile.com . T-Mobile(R) is a federally registered trademark of Deutsche Telekom AG.

Device(s)
    iPhone 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNetworks
    The latest tally of how many people are covered by T-Mobile with her agreements......... 275,000,000 Makes those "largest network" claims seem somewhat frivolous now I can't wait to see how all that spectrum is put to use!

What about all the other major US carriers? What number of people do they cover?

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 8 Plus / BlackBerry KEYone BBB100-3 / Samsung Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    Pacific Bell Wireless / Verizon Wireless / Movistar MX / Telcel MX
    Feedback Score
    If there are a total of 296 million people inside the USA and the carriers claim that their "largest network" covers 275 million then that means 21 million people aren't covered?

Feedback Score
    Well I think that this is "potential" coverage. I mean, if you look at the Cingular commercials and read the fine print (I'm paraphrasing), it says their network covers 250 million people, but don't they only have ~55 million customers?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S2 (T-Mobile)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    I can't wait to find out how they did this quarter which ends Sept. 30th.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________

Speed achieved using T-Mobile Samsung GS2

Device(s)
    Nokia 5310 w/Jabra BT250V handsfree, Nokia 6010, Nokia 6030
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile US, Fido, T-Mobile NL, Orange IL
    Feedback Score
    I hope you are aware that the recent auction was AWS (advanced wireless services i.e. 3G spectrum.)
    Moderator yahoogroups forum T-Mobile-US http://groups.yahoo.com/group/T-Mobile-US

Device(s)
    Moto Cliq
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FESCSteve
    What about all the other major US carriers? What number of people do they cover?
    It all depends on how you count coverage. T-Mobile's 275 claim includes roaming, their native network covers approx 240M

Redwood Valley,NorCal/but SoCal Born and Raised/Pocatello,ID
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+, LG G7 ThinQ, Samsung Chromebook Plus, Samsung Gear S3 Frontier(VZ LTE)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    The size matters not when they don't cover where you need them too Choose a carrier on how well they perform where YOU need them to, not where some ad says they do.
    Last edited by ilvla2; 09-28-2006 at 11:28 AM.

Feedback Score
    WELL SAID! it doesn't matter how well your network is rated on a national or even a regional level, or how many customers you claim to have, all that matters is wether or not it works for 1 individual where they need it to work most!!!

Device(s)
    T809 --> D820
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (SAMSUNG-SGH-T809/T809UVFB3 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 UP.Browser/6.2.3.3.c.1.101 (GUI) MMP/2.0)

Yeah if your phone only gets one bar at your house or even no service but it covers hundreds of millions of other people it is not going to do much good. Ha ha post from my t809!

Device(s)
    Palm Treo 680,
    Carrier(s)
    lots of orange,
    Feedback Score
    I wonder how they treat Cingular roaming in the count, given that so little is available -- do they count ALL of Cingular or only areas where roaming is open?

(IMO, it's gotten to the point that T-Mobile isn't so bad in truly rural areas, but continues to have large coverage gaps in exurban areas; Cingular, like the other majors, is generally less likely to have native coverage in truly rural areas than in exurbs of large and medium-sized cities. Of course, there are a few very rural areas where T-Mobile simply refuses to roam on Cingular for whatever reason -- western TN and KY come to mind -- and a handful where T-Mobile won't roam on other carriers, such as Wilkes/Via in east GA, who probably want too much money.)

-SC
    red: / yellow: / pink: / orange: / Little Rock blue: / Metro: uh, no.

"Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today. There might be a law against it by that time." -/usr/games/fortune