Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Got Ripped Off by Kr0n0s?

Device(s)
    e398
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Got Ripped Off by Kr0n0s?

guys, i need help. here's a run down of whats going on.

John Bazigos aka Kr0n0s on this forum and i made a deal where i sold him my motorola t720i for $265 money order. this deal was based on trust and we both sent out the items at the same time...supposedly. he received his package but i never received my money order.

then, i discover that the envelope that the money order arrived it had been slit open and the money order was stolen. i quickly talked to john and he did call me and started an investigation through the canada post about it. they found out that the money order had been cashed in canada, so the money order never entered the US for me.

here is a link to the post he made about the stolen money order. he never responded back afterwards. i think his last post was around January 29.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...threadid=93150

now, john owns me my money. but apparently, he hasn't been returning any of my calls or emails for the past 3 weeks. his voice mail is still working and all but he's not returning any of my messages. he's in canada and i'm in the US so there isn't much i can do. he said he would email all the info about the money order investigation but that never happened.

please, if someone is located near john, could you give him a visit and see whats going on? here's his info.

thanks for reading.
    Last edited by tuffdog; 02-23-2003 at 04:17 PM.

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    aren't money orders only cash'able' but the guy who's name is printed on it ?

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G 3.0Jailbroken
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    if people bother to check at all... I just had my check book stolen and over 10,000 dollars worth of hot checks written. had to redo all my bank accounts and credit cards. So technically yes it's only cashable by who's name is on the money order but it all depends on whether the person checks or not.

Device(s)
    e398
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by evilgabbie
    aren't money orders only cash'able' but the guy who's name is printed on it ?
    yes, they can only be cashed by the person whose name is on the money order. however, about 75% of places that do cash money orders, not including banks, don't even check for ID.

Carrier(s)
    fido + rogers
    Feedback Score
    I'm sorry to hear about this unfortunate incident...

If the institution cashes the check without asking for an ID, wouldn't they be held partly liable then? But then of course the question is, which institution cashed it? You still need the info from Kr0n0s. sigh...

I hope you recover your money somehow.
    Last edited by fidog; 02-20-2003 at 01:08 PM.

Feedback Score
    Most banks (in Canada) don't even check for ID when you cash a money order...

-mike

Device(s)
    e398
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by fidog
    I hope you recover your money somehow.
    thanks fidog. i hope i do too.

however, i haven't heard anything from john since. if anyone is around his area, Chomedey Laval, Quebec, please look him up and see if he's still around.

Device(s)
    P900 + HBH-200 + CSS-20
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    first things first: why did you consent on sending your package even without receiving the payment yet? as a seller, you should get the money first before sending out anything.

i do hope you'll get your money back.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    the guy prob isn't returning your calls because he dosen't want to send you another payment.. hence he pays double for the phone. I think he is trying to figure out who cashed in and see if he can get reburst for it first.

Annoyed Guest
    The shadiest part about this whole thing is, if someone took the money, why the f*** would he/she still send it through? I mean, there is no tracking for regular mail (plain envolpes), so why bother still sending it through? I know if i took the money order, I sure as hell wouldn't bother still putting the envelope through so the recepient can find the money missing. Better just to let him/her think it's lost in the mail. So I guess what I'm trying to say is don't believe everything this kr0n0s guy is telling you.

Device(s)
    P900 + HBH-200 + CSS-20
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    suprastar, i just checked kronos's feedback, he doesn't have any. why did you trust him enough to send him the phone without getting his payment? why???

Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by Annoyed
    The shadiest part about this whole thing is, if someone took the money, why the f*** would he/she still send it through? I mean, there is no tracking for regular mail (plain envolpes), so why bother still sending it through? I know if i took the money order, I sure as hell wouldn't bother still putting the envelope through so the recepient can find the money missing. Better just to let him/her think it's lost in the mail. So I guess what I'm trying to say is don't believe everything this kr0n0s guy is telling you.
    That is a good point...
    we'll see if Kronos can provide a receipt of the money order or not..even if he has a reciept, we can't be sure that he actually sent the money order..

i have one question..if i send an empty envelop that has been slit open, will the post office still send the envelope?

my feedback

The problem with today's generation: Their ego's are too big and their balls are too small.

"Man tries to exaggerate what nature has given him" - Darwin

Annoyed Guest
    I don't see why not. I mean, I've receive envelopes that weren't even sealed.

Device(s)
    e398
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    moderators, thanks for making this a sticky.

i do blame myself on my part for taking a chance and basing this deal on trust. i guess you can't trust anybody.

the buyer and myself communicated through email for sometime before making the deal. i should have let him send the money order first then send out the phone.

when i told him that i didn't receive the money order, he did call me right away to swap numbers to remain in contact. however, he must be a pretty damn smart crook for acting sympathetic. he called me almost everyday to update me on what was going on. he said that either way, i will get paid. i guess he was full of it because i haven't heard from him in nearly 3 weeks.

this is my loss and i definitely learned from it.

about sending letters with tracking, they do exist. the US post office has it and the others should probably have it as well. also, for people sending out money orders or checks in the mail, use a CONCEALED ENVELOPE. this guy john just sent the money order in a plain envelope that anyone can figure out what it was just by holding it to a light.

again, if anybody is in his area, please look him up for me.

thanks.

Device(s)
    Nec L1/8800
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    I am near this laval thing.
    I'll ask around for his whereabouts.

Make sure of everything.
    I'll try to help you as much as possible.

Jason

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast