Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: P990i - BlackBerry Install Guide For Dummies

Device(s)
    S.E. P800 | S.E. P900 | S.E. P910i |S.E. P990i | S700i (Black)|S.E. Xperia X1i
    Carrier(s)
    HBH-10 | HBH-15 | HBH-30 | HBH-35 | HBH-60 | HBH-65 | HBH-200 | HBH-600 | HBH-660
    Feedback Score

Exclamation P990i - BlackBerry Install Guide For Dummies

Sony Ericsson P990i BlackBerry Connect Guide For Dummies

This guide is intended provide some direction for installing BlackBerry software (push-email) to your P990i handset. The guide utilizes one service provider (T-Mobile) to illustrate the installation procedures.

For the first time, the BlackBerry Connect software on the Sony Ericsson handset allows both BES and BIS to function concurrently without interruption while running internet related software, such as, the web browser. This software is limited to intranet browsing for corporate backdoor websites or links. Please provide feedback and suggestions deemed appropriate.

The following link contains the BB Connect Software (v.3.55) for the P990i.

Supported P990i Firmware = Organiser version R6D23

BB Connect Software Download

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following link contains the BB Connect Desktop Software (v.4.0.0.19) for the P990i.

BB Connect Desktop Download

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following link contains the BB Connect Install Guide (v.1.0) for the P990i.

BB Connect Install Guide Download

================================================== =============

NOTE:

The download password = p990i.

**Special thanks to the members that have continued to contribute and share their experience with this unsupported software.
    Last edited by L Bo; 07-04-2007 at 02:45 PM.
    Breathe iT__Smell iT__Taste iT__Feel iT

B I G F E A T E N T E R T A I N M E N T

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Stuck-a-fied...

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular (personal)
    Feedback Score
    About once a day, I notice that I stop receiving mail (BES, T-Mob, 3.37). The icon at the bottom of the screen is fine, but when I tap it, it says "You are not connected to the Blackberry Service". It will not resume. I have to restart the phone to get it going again.

On the p910a, I always saw the BB icon with a red circle/slash through it....seems like it just stops working on the p990i.

It might correlate with sync'ing to the desktop, but I haven't specifically been watching it.

hmmmm......

p

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Nothing to do with the sync'ing. Its just a BBC problem.

Part of the headache when you get to "test" the waters of an overseas phone, along with unreleased software that wasnt designed for consumer use.

I have the same thing happening to me. Maybe once or twice a week.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    HBH-10 | HBH-15 | HBH-30 | HBH-35 | HBH-60 | HBH-65 | HBH-200 | HBH-600 | HBH-660
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyClam
    About once a day, I notice that I stop receiving mail (BES, T-Mob, 3.37). The icon at the bottom of the screen is fine, but when I tap it, it says "You are not connected to the Blackberry Service". It will not resume. I have to restart the phone to get it going again.

On the p910a, I always saw the BB icon with a red circle/slash through it....seems like it just stops working on the p990i.

It might correlate with sync'ing to the desktop, but I haven't specifically been watching it.

hmmmm......

p
    I believe that is partially firmware related. The recent firmware has had tons of hicups including not logging calls correctly. In addition, the BB connect software fails to pause while you're on a voice call at times, therefore, becomes proned to early termination. In case you have not had to restart your phone daily any way, then this shouldn't hurt. The auto-restart for maintenance has plagued a lot of P990i owners. This hopefully should be fixed with the future firmware upgrades. Again, I don't think this has to do with syncing issues on the BB connect software + server side.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BigFeat
    For the first time, the BlackBerry Connect software on the Sony Ericsson handset allows both BES and BIS to function concurrently without interruption while running internet related software, such as, the web browser. This software is limited to intranet browsing for corporate backdoor websites or links.
    It should also be mentioned that MMS and WiFi are also allowed to run at the same time as as BBC. Another great accomplishment.

After sending the service book for my crackberry account to my phone, the BIS is running flawlessly with BES.

I could almost cry.

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I'm late to this party so please excuse the question. I'll be getting my P990 in the coming days and would like to use BIS on T-Mo in the US. Anyone using it on their network yet? If so, how is it working? Thanks.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shockdaddyd
    I'm late to this party so please excuse the question. I'll be getting my P990 in the coming days and would like to use BIS on T-Mo in the US. Anyone using it on their network yet? If so, how is it working? Thanks.

Ummm.. Did you not read the guide?

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Ummm.. Did you not read the guide?
    Thanks for the reply, BF. Yes, I did read the guide but didn't see any mention of T-Mo in the US or your location hence the quest for clarification,,,

Now I'm assuming you'd be in the US, correct?

Thanks.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shockdaddyd
    Thanks for the reply, BF. Yes, I did read the guide but didn't see any mention of T-Mo in the US or your location hence the quest for clarification,,,

Now I'm assuming you'd be in the US, correct?

Thanks.
    I am technically in the US, UK, and Tokyo. I do have multiple sim accounts, but this particular one was done with the US T-MO one and it does work.

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I am technically in the US, UK, and Tokyo. I do have multiple sim accounts, but this particular one was done with the US T-MO one and it does work.
    BF: Thank you for the clarification.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    For the last few days, I keep getting the reconcile "currently not available". Anyone else?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by L Bo
    For the last few days, I keep getting the reconcile "currently not available". Anyone else?
    Everything is ok on this Front m8. I just ran it a few times. Maybe it's an isolated issue.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by L Bo
    It should also be mentioned that MMS and WiFi are also allowed to run at the same time as as BBC. Another great accomplishment.

After sending the service book for my crackberry account to my phone, the BIS is running flawlessly with BES.

I could almost cry.

Now THIS is pure heaven!

btw, L Bo for your issues maybe you could update your "Routing Tables"? I'm assuming BES should update your BWC software on the P990i, without the BIS interfering. Is this possible on the P990's BWC software?
    Formerly: Prom1, now I'm Supa_Fly!!
    My Feedback

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I believe my problem is the number of BIS accounts I currently have. I had 5, then cut it to 4, it worked for a minute, but now it still wont reconcile again. Even when I open the blackberry software on the phone, it moves VERY SLOW when I go to the list of accounts and does some very weird graphics like I've never seen on ANY of the P series.

I'm convinced that there is a limit to how many BIS accounts you can have without sacrificing some parts of the service as a whole.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast