Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Z710i to W710i hacks.. ? i hope so! :)

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Hey seamonkey, do your menu icons have the little orbit light rings around them when you try the orbit theme since you have upgraded to w710?

anythoughts on whether or not your upgraded phone technically now supports flashlite?

Device(s)
    s500
    Feedback Score
    Hey! couldnt hold myself any more, Im now a proud owner of a zw710
    puting away the pedometer it looks like the z710 so the great things are, TrackID! works!! and the better musicplayer, and flash menu... got my faceworp from SE site now too... but now i want to know if it is possible to cusimize the theme with the menu and all? would be perfect

Device(s)
    iPhone X - prev. Sony Ericsson Z710i (home)
    Carrier(s)
    ?
    Feedback Score
    @ b00tang: yes, my menu's do support flashlite.. there are 3 flashlite themes (lava, active, and female line); the lava and female line one show song info on the desktop when you have music going.

i believe from what i've read is that flashmenus are stored in the firmware itself and htus are not customizable since the z710/w710 are CID 49 (not hackable like CID 36).

as for removing the pedometer info, just go into the fitness section and then into settings; just disable the pedometer and the step counter will be removed from both screens..

trackID is pretty cool! tried it on 5 songs and it got all 5 correct.. not too shabby! so far no problems w/W710 firmware and its been a while now too.

next up, housing mods... if i can get a w710 housing anywhere..
    "knowledge is power, spread the power"
    http://seamonkey420.tech-recipes.com
    CSK/SK2 | DVD | XBOX | Guides and More

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Hey seamonkey i seen that video how u get ur menu's like that i got a w710i and my menu's aren' like that. Is there a way to change them.

Device(s)
    Apple Iphone 3g
    Carrier(s)
    FIDO
    Feedback Score
    after flashing can you use your own mp3 as ringtone ? my version of the z710i (from fido) has some sort of drm protection

Device(s)
    TMO 8900 Unlocked
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by seamonkey420
    hehe.. yea baby! i'm back and in full effect!! been doing some DS Lite hacking too.. pretty fun.. :P how ya beeN?
    What kind of DS Lite hacking? Also, it seems some users that have the z710 who flashed it to a w710 are reporting not all flash lite menu items work?
    "Obessed is a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated."

Device(s)
    iPhone X - prev. Sony Ericsson Z710i (home)
    Carrier(s)
    ?
    Feedback Score
    @xtreme87

are your menus on the phone branded? did you get your phone from a carrier or bought it from SE or a seller? branded W710i's are usually crippled and the flash menus disabled, if you flash w/a nonbranded firmware, you should be able to resolve this.

@samzor: yes, no drm on the mp3 ringers at all (i can use any of my mp3s) if you use a nonbranded firmware, most are on davinci or wotanserver

@emptywallet: as in flashcart hacking and homebrew running, basically need to get a SuperCard SD or Mini or M3 flashcart, then a superkey or flash your DS Lite's firmware and you can play SNES, NES, GB, and SMS games on your DS, and also you can play backups of your games you own

heres a link to the cart i got:
    http://eng.supercard.cn/

Device(s)
    TMO 8900 Unlocked
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Sweet!! I'll check it out. Are you aware that some people are reporting that their Z710's flashed to ZW710's aren't supporting fully the the flash lite themes? Does yours?

Device(s)
    TMO 8900 Unlocked
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by EmptyWallet
    Sweet!! I'll check it out. Are you aware that some people are reporting that their Z710's flashed to ZW710's aren't supporting fully the the flash lite themes? Does yours?
    Anyone? I'm just wondering which one I want to pick up.

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson z710i
    Carrier(s)
    Fido!
    Feedback Score
    I can't get the flash to work. It just won't recognize the phone when I try to initialize the flash process, and I'm pretty sure it's because I wasn't able toinstall the USB Flash driver as directed on the website; the hardware detection didn't occur as shown. When I plugged the phone in, Windows automatically detected and installed its own drivers (Mass Storage Device + Sony Eri Memory Stick) without prompting me at all. This is odd, because when I originally installed the phone software it prompted me each and every time... I don't know what to do now. Wotan's only advice is to try another computer, and I've tried both of mine already. Any pointers, guys?

Device(s)
    Apple Iphone 8gb
    Carrier(s)
    CTI
    Feedback Score
    im going to buy a z710 cause i like how it looks a LOT more than the w710 one (the mony diference when i buy it branded is only 100 argentine pesos (33 u$s), its way bigger if i get it unbranded (like 500 arg. pesos).

i wanted to do this cause i wanted a walkman phone, but i wanted to like how it looks too :P

i was told that the z710 exterior buttons wont turn on its player, but the w710 ones does. Also, the z710 has a shortcut for the SMS menu where the w710 has a shortcut for the walkman player (bottom left little buton).

once flashed, are the exterior butons able to start the player even if it was not runing?

is the sms shortcut button changed to walkman shortcut ?

what about megabass ? is it a hardware or a software feature ? do we get it with the flash ?

thx XD

Device(s)
    SE T715a
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    The z710 exterior buttons will turn on the player, or the radio depending on which one you used last. After flashing to w710, it does the same.

The sms shortcut button will get changed to the walkman shortcut after the flash.

I don't know about the Mega Bass. There is a Mega Bass in the equalizer menu of my phone (z710 flashed to w710), but I haven't played with it enough.

Device(s)
    Apple Iphone 8gb
    Carrier(s)
    CTI
    Feedback Score
    something i forgot to ask.

after the flash, if i didnt read it wrong, some feetnes info that can be disabled (since it doesnt work XD) apears on the outside screen, right ?

Device(s)
    TMO 8900 Unlocked
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Those of you that flashed your phone....to the W, what does SEUS see it as now? A Z or a W?

Device(s)
    SE T715a
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    When I go to the SE website on my phone, it sees it as a W.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast