Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Z710i to W710i hacks.. ? i hope so! :)

Device(s)
    Apple Iphone 8gb
    Carrier(s)
    CTI
    Feedback Score
    ok, i finaly got a z710, too bad i could only get a metallic sand one :P

now i have to recharge my batterly to 100%, but a wotan account, and flash XD

i got my phone branded (CTI argentina), will flashing the phone to w710 unbrand it ? do i have to backup my sms and wap (and anything else?) info before flashing ?

i think i want to unbrand it, i have a few icons on the menu from CTI that i dont like, nor do i use. If flashing the phone to a W wont unbrand it ,i will do it later, but i need to know what info i need to back up.

Feedback Score

Dcu-60 Cable

I do not have the z710i phone yet. I am thinking of buying one.

I went to the wotanserver and see that I will need DCU-60 CABLE to do the flash upgrade. Where do I get this cable?

Device(s)
    SE T715a
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    It comes with the phone.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Curve 8310
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Does anyone have the newest firmware that they could possibly send me? wotanserver wants $7 euros

Device(s)
    Desire Z
    Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mmedeiros
    Does anyone have the newest firmware that they could possibly send me? wotanserver wants $7 euros
    it doesn't matter if you have the file. firmware is downloaded right away under the client's program folder with sub-folder "Flash". The file is there. But for the program start to run, it will have to varify the user/password.

I tried de-complier on the client program and can't figure out what language it was written for.

Device(s)
    DoCoMo S0905iCS White, HTC Magic
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers 3G
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mmedeiros
    if u want the newest firmware on a z710 then just use SEUS then u dont need to pay 7euro.

SE: T200, T237, K750i/W800i, w900, K800i (x2), w300, w600, z710i/w710, M600i, W810i, K790a, W580, T650i, W760i, W980i
    Apple: iPhone 8GB (x3), iPhone 3G 16GB White
    HTC: TyTn II, Cruise, Touch HD (x3), G1, Magic
    DoCoMo: SE SO905iCS (x2)
    SoftBank: HTC X01HT (x2), Samsung 707SC, Sharp 904sh
    Nokia: N95 8GB, Nokia E71-2, Nokia N79-3

Heatware: marktang

Device(s)
    Desire Z
    Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    Question, once it's flashed to W710, can we still use SEUS to update the firmware as W?

Anyone has experience with W800/K750?

Feedback Score
    Can someone explain a newbie how to hack my Z710i?

Device(s)
    LG V20 and LG G Pad X 8.0
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile One Plan 6+1 lines
    Feedback Score
    I wanted to flash my Z710 with W710 fw
    but one thing hold me back: I can't go back once it's flashed (no HK fw for Z710, but mine is Hong Kong version purchased from HK)
    if I can flash my Z710 with original HK fw, I'll give a try (I can simple use K790 if I unfortunately killed my 710)

update, it's done
    now the music player works on bbc with T-Mobile internet
    Last edited by matt.mingkee; 01-27-2007 at 09:42 PM.

Optimum/Cablevision

Device(s)
    LG V20 and LG G Pad X 8.0
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile One Plan 6+1 lines
    Feedback Score

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by seamonkey420
    well.. i should be receiving my Z710i this week and after doing a ton of reading on it noticed that both the W710i and Z710i are almost identical phones (minus the contents of the box, 512mb vs 64mb m2 included, etc; and the fitness software/media player on the W710i)...

so.. my fellow SE hacker pals... can i do hardware mods to my z710i like we did w/the K750i and W800i?

i'd like to add the rubber grips and also i'd love to get the Media Player from the W710i..

since it prob is CID49 or above, we prob can't use Farmanager to do the awesome file system hacks but what the hey.. maybe we can upgrade firmwares (given their isn't any actual physical/component differences in the two)..

does the pedometer exist in the Z710i version too and just is not utilized by the firmware?

no matter what, i figure i'll find out when i get my baby..!

any thoughts would be appreciated.. i'll also update this thread w/my results once i get er in..

peace
    seamonkey420
    if your Z710 fw version is R1EE (initial ver), this is highly recommend to upgrade to R1GB
    if your preferred language is not found on Z710, try W710
    I have no problem at all
    on top of that, there're a lot of bugfix on the R1GB fw, this is pretty worth to upgrade!

Device(s)
    Apple Iphone 8gb
    Carrier(s)
    CTI
    Feedback Score
    i converted my phone a while ago, and now theres a 3rd firmware released (at least in wotan), its no longer cid49, its cid51 now (dunno what that means XD).

flashing my cel gave me flashlite along with everything else XD

i went to seus, and afer pluging my phone it told me there were no updates, but it showed pictures of the z710, so i think that it stills sees my phone as a Z and not a W, and that if i use seus for future updates, ill lose what i have paid for in wotan :P

Device(s)
    SE W710i
    Carrier(s)
    Vodafone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesshoumaru
    i converted my phone a while ago, and now theres a 3rd firmware released (at least in wotan), its no longer cid49, its cid51 now (dunno what that means XD).

flashing my cel gave me flashlite along with everything else XD

i went to seus, and afer pluging my phone it told me there were no updates, but it showed pictures of the z710, so i think that it stills sees my phone as a Z and not a W, and that if i use seus for future updates, ill lose what i have paid for in wotan :P
    Same here...
    I had a W and purchased a Z as well (the W is for the wife.....).
    I also have a SE stereo BT headset (the 970).
    I flashed the Z to a W with the latest FW (CID51....whatever that is...).
    Everything works fine...except for the headset.
    When I play music, then I hear the music for a fraction of a second...then I hear nothing for 5 seconds, then a bit of music etc etc
    The Z plays the music fine without the headset en making a call with the headset also works fine.
    No problems playing music over the headset with the W.....
    When I connect to SEUS with the Z then I get a picture of a Z, when I connect to SEUS with the W I get a pic of the W.
    I tried to reflash the Z, but then I get a message "file not found"
    Anyone else with a Z flashed to a W and a 970 headset?

I also purchased a 2 GB M2 card (Sandisk) but now I can't play music over the headset.....

Device(s)
    Apple Iphone 8gb
    Carrier(s)
    CTI
    Feedback Score
    im going to buy that headset, but i dont know when (a friend might bring it from usa, for 90 u$s, or i might have to buy it here in argentina, for 150 :/ )

Device(s)
    Z530i
    Feedback Score
    pfff, it's a dillemma to chose which phone. k750i or z710i. What I want is a good video player full screen. After flashing the Z710i to w810i does it play full screen or in other words landscape mode and so yes in which resolution?

Device(s)
    Motorola ROKR E6
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wnsnipes
    pfff, it's a dillemma to chose which phone. k750i or z710i. What I want is a good video player full screen. After flashing the Z710i to w810i does it play full screen or in other words landscape mode and so yes in which resolution?
    w710i

doesn't have a landscape mode for the video

WTF

I thought I was making a step up from the w600. had a k790 for a short while but the camera is not all it's hyped up to be... and what good is 320x240 screen if the phone can't handle high bitrates the samsung D900 was my other choice, but it's not available in my area [that phone can handle 1mbps+ video where the k790 only does 350kbps comfortably]

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast