Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Z710i to W710i hacks.. ? i hope so! :)

Device(s)
    Z530i
    Feedback Score

landscape mode

is there any way to play movies in landscape mode????? With the Z710i????
    Or what second option is there ? Is there some java software I can put like an alternative mediaplayer or something?

Device(s)
    Apple Iphone 8gb
    Carrier(s)
    CTI
    Feedback Score
    some people after doing this, have their phones recongniced as w710 on SEUS, did you do something special ? mine is recongniced as z710 and i cant update to newer firmwareS :P

Device(s)
    Motorola T720i,Motorola razr v3,
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Flash menu

Is there a way you can tweak your z710i so that you don't have to flash it to w710i and still get flash menus? Because I really don't need the walkman player or the pedometer, I just want the flash menus. Because I don't want my message button to change into the dedicated walkman button. Please HoFo members I NEED YOUR HELP!

Device(s)
    SE Z710i
    Feedback Score

WotanServer Options

I've got an unlocked & unbranded Z710 I bought on eBay. I updated it to the latest firmware with the SE Update Service. Phone was identified as Z710i Hong Kong. Now I'm about to flash it to W710 via WotanServer, but I don't know what all of these available options mean:
    - Phone lock view
    - Enable AMR
    - Disable Play Now
    - Upgrade to CID 51

From what I've read, looks like I need to upgrade to CID 51 first, then I can flash with W710 firmware? Is that right? Should I have Z710 or W710 selected for this 1st step? When I check "Upgrade to CID 51", all other options gray out except "Phone lock view". What does this option do?

For the 2nd part, looks like AMR is the best voice codec for GSM phones, so I probably want that. WotanServer site says "Disable Play Now" will "replace PlayNow button with website link". There is no PlayNow button on my phone, but there is a PlayNow menu option. Does "Disable Play Now" replace the PlayNow menu option with a website link? If so, with which website link? What if I don't use any data services?

thanks.

Device(s)
    SE Z710i
    Feedback Score
    also, where is the "supress camera sound" option?

Device(s)
    SE W710i
    Carrier(s)
    Vodafone
    Feedback Score
    I have booth: a genuine W710 and a Z710 flashed to a W710 CID51.
    On my Z710 I can't play music over the stereo BT headset.
    Everything else works fine.
    I can't go back to an older FW because I flashed to CID51 first.
    I have a 2GB M2 card in my Z710 now and I can't play the music....that sucks.
    If I could do it again, I would first try if the stereo BT headset works with a genuine Z710, then upgrade to a newer W710 FW, but not CID51.....I would like to have an option to go back to an older FW, but now I can't.
    My wife's genuine W710 with older FW works fine with the headset.

Device(s)
    Apple Iphone 8gb
    Carrier(s)
    CTI
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by someraisins
    - Phone lock view
    - Enable AMR
    - Disable Play Now
    - Upgrade to CID 51

From what I've read, looks like I need to upgrade to CID 51 first, then I can flash with W710 firmware? Is that right? Should I have Z710 or W710 selected for this 1st step? When I check "Upgrade to CID 51", all other options gray out except "Phone lock view". What does this option do?
    phone lock view: no clue
    enable amr: wish you are not right, i flashed with wotan twice and i didnt apply that :P
    -disable play now: no clue again, i dont use that, it was there when my Z710 was branded.
    - upgrade to cid 51: DONT ! the latest firmware is available on cid 49, if you upgrade, you will spend 1 credit for that, and need another one for the z to W mod, and you cant use XS++ to upload flashthemes anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by someraisins
    also, where is the "supress camera sound" option?
    is aplied automatically

Quote Originally Posted by Ridderus
    If I could do it again, I would first try if the stereo BT headset works with a genuine Z710, then upgrade to a newer W710 FW, but not CID51.....I would like to have an option to go back to an older FW, but now I can't.
    mine works fine :P (i finally bought the ds970)

Device(s)
    DoCoMo S0905iCS White, HTC Magic
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers 3G
    Feedback Score
    it works for me but im just using a 512mb card.

SE: T200, T237, K750i/W800i, w900, K800i (x2), w300, w600, z710i/w710, M600i, W810i, K790a, W580, T650i, W760i, W980i
    Apple: iPhone 8GB (x3), iPhone 3G 16GB White
    HTC: TyTn II, Cruise, Touch HD (x3), G1, Magic
    DoCoMo: SE SO905iCS (x2)
    SoftBank: HTC X01HT (x2), Samsung 707SC, Sharp 904sh
    Nokia: N95 8GB, Nokia E71-2, Nokia N79-3

Heatware: marktang

Device(s)
    SE W710i
    Carrier(s)
    Vodafone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesshoumaru
    phone lock view: no clue
    enable amr: wish you are not right, i flashed with wotan twice and i didnt apply that :P
    -disable play now: no clue again, i dont use that, it was there when my Z710 was branded.
    - upgrade to cid 51: DONT ! the latest firmware is available on cid 49, if you upgrade, you will spend 1 credit for that, and need another one for the z to W mod, and you cant use XS++ to upload flashthemes anymore.

is aplied automatically

mine works fine :P (i finally bought the ds970)
    You have a Z710 flashed with W710 FW (CID51) and you can play music over the stereo BT headset?
    Playing music without the headset is no problem (so it's not the M2 card) and taking calls with the BT headset is no problem either, but playing music is a no go.

Device(s)
    Apple Iphone 8gb
    Carrier(s)
    CTI
    Feedback Score
    You have a Z710 flashed with W710 FW (CID51) and you can play music over the stereo BT headset?
    Playing music without the headset is no problem (so it's not the M2 card) and taking calls with the BT headset is no problem either, but playing music is a no go.
    cid49.
    1gb memory card.

i could play music using my ds970 with the second cid49 firmware.

now i have the last firmware (but cid49, not 51, i updated when it came out on wotan), and i can still play music using the bt headphones :P

Device(s)
    MOTOROLA A732
    Carrier(s)
    VODAFONE FIJI
    Feedback Score
    it seems that motorola fogot about its motorola a732 fone after making it man its so isolated can any one help me please i want to change its skins and playvideo in full screen mode can anyone helpplease send me a message motorola A732 does anyone know how to load java games on motorola a732 its very different from other motorola fones please please i,m asking for help need software which can communicate with the fone and change its skins and oh also a732 can only record video for 30 secs does anyone know how to by pass thatand record video for as long as i like

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G & 2G Jailbreak/Unlock
    Carrier(s)
    T·Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by moonx02
    Is there a way you can tweak your z710i so that you don't have to flash it to w710i and still get flash menus? Because I really don't need the walkman player or the pedometer, I just want the flash menus. Because I don't want my message button to change into the dedicated walkman button. Please HoFo members I NEED YOUR HELP!
    I was also wondering about this. Anyone know?

Device(s)
    Apple Iphone 8gb
    Carrier(s)
    CTI
    Feedback Score
    i guess there isnt, if there is, people with K phones like th k790 would be doing the same :P

Device(s)
    LG G6, Sony Xperia Z3 Compact, Samsung Galaxy S3, S2 (BRICKED), HTC Desire
    Carrier(s)
    10GB Unlimited
    Feedback Score
    cellj, Sesshoumaru, moonx02:

aren't the flash themes also self-contained .thm files? has anyone just COPIED the flash themes from the w710 to the z710? (i'm new to SE phones, but this would seem to make sense, no?)

edit: apparently not, if the same holds for this:
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...readid=1074351
    Last edited by AM Radio; 04-01-2007 at 04:25 PM.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Gio GT-5660M, Nokia N95-4, Sony Ericsson Z/W710i, Z520a, Z600, T200, T310, T237
    Carrier(s)
    7-11 SpeakOut Wireless
    Feedback Score
    flash themes are in the firmware itself... not in the .thm files

i just uploaded a bunch on mine today... another 3 hrs of brute-forcing again, but worth it
    Ericsson / Sony Ericsson, the choice of:
    • Charlie's Angels
    • Lara Croft
    • James Bond

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast