Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Z710i to W710i hacks.. ? i hope so! :)

Device(s)
    LG G6, Sony Xperia Z3 Compact, Samsung Galaxy S3, S2 (BRICKED), HTC Desire
    Carrier(s)
    10GB Unlimited
    Feedback Score
    whoa whoa whoa! so you're saying that with XS++ via brute force, you can get flash themes on a z710 -- WITHOUT flashing to "w" via Wotan?

(or have i missed a thread/faq somewhere?)

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Gio GT-5660M, Nokia N95-4, Sony Ericsson Z/W710i, Z520a, Z600, T200, T310, T237
    Carrier(s)
    7-11 SpeakOut Wireless
    Feedback Score
    no no

as u can read in other threads, i've already flashed to W710 via XS++... and today, i uploaded flash themes via XS++

both needed brute-force since i have CID49
    Ericsson / Sony Ericsson, the choice of:
    • Charlie's Angels
    • Lara Croft
    • James Bond

Device(s)
    Apple Iphone 8gb
    Carrier(s)
    CTI
    Feedback Score
    you can upload flash menues to any phone i think, but they wont work if they are not suporteD :P

Feedback Score
    When I flashed a Fido Z710i to W710i, everything went fine, everything, but it would sometimes crash. So I updated with SEUS and it just upgraded the firmware to W710i, and didn't change back to Z710i, everything went well.

Device(s)
    Apple Iphone 8gb
    Carrier(s)
    CTI
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hybrid.09
    When I flashed a Fido Z710i to W710i, everything went fine, everything, but it would sometimes crash. So I updated with SEUS and it just upgraded the firmware to W710i, and didn't change back to Z710i, everything went well.
    wtf ? how did you flash your phone to w710 in the first place ? what firmware &cda ?
    what version of SEUS did you use ?
    What region did you select ?

did it actually TELL you that there was an update, and it actually updated your phone ?

most z710 flashed to w710 are detected as a Z phone on seus and cant be updated throu it anymore.

is your phone cid51 or cid52 now ? :P

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Gio GT-5660M, Nokia N95-4, Sony Ericsson Z/W710i, Z520a, Z600, T200, T310, T237
    Carrier(s)
    7-11 SpeakOut Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesshoumaru
    wtf ? how did you flash your phone to w710 in the first place ? what firmware &cda ?
    what version of SEUS did you use ?
    What region did you select ?

did it actually TELL you that there was an update, and it actually updated your phone ?

most z710 flashed to w710 are detected as a Z phone on seus and cant be updated throu it anymore.

is your phone cid51 or cid52 now ? :P
    +1, WTF? hook it up!!!

Device(s)
    Motorola T720i,Motorola razr v3,
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Yea. It's really easy to flash the z710i to the w710i. http://www.wotanserver.com/ will guide you through everything easily. All you have to do is buy one credit, download the driver and use your cable that you got in the box. Then you read the EASY instructions and you just wait. TOO EASY, just don't screw up and unplug the usb cable during the process.

Device(s)
    Blacked Out Bold (1st non SE phone in 3 years :O)
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score

Wotan Client Help

I just used the wotan client to flash my Z710 into a w710, and it has been stuck on
    "CSLOADER: phone lock reset -pls wait"
    for almost an hour.
    I read in the guide that flashing should only take 8 min.
    I have not changed my cid (still at 49) , and picked the latest firmware

Is this regular as it is not installing the phone's original firmware?
    luckily, i also bought MobileEdit; so i can exit it as my firmware's been backed up, but i would hate to waste a credit.

Device(s)
    SE T715a
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    as far as I know, the credit isn't used up until the flash is complete. That said, I tried to upgrade to CID52 when there was no firmware for it, it failed and I lost my credit. Wotanserver wouldn't give back the credit either, they just ignored my emails.

Device(s)
    Blacked Out Bold (1st non SE phone in 3 years :O)
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score

Help

It finally worked, but when i insert my fido sim it says: "Configuration Error. Please contact your service provider or service center."
    What does this mean?
    do i have to unlock the phone?
    I think the flashing worked, because when I shut down, the walkman logo appears.
    what should i do now?

Feedback Score
    Hello all. My first post here
    I have a small problem with my z710 flashed to w710, i dont have any flash menus :S. Anyone know why?

/Joki

Feedback Score
    OK guys, I'm fed up of new SEs... I've been with them for 15yrs! The vibration on these new things is too weak; screen flickers; call quality is too variable... I'm going bad to the good 'ole days...

But can people give me their input as to how the call quality is on a Z710i? I've hear there is a bit of an echo?

Many thanks in advance!

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    7-11 SpeakOut Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by newbie2SE View Post
    OK guys, I'm fed up of new SEs... I've been with them for 15yrs! The vibration on these new things is too weak; screen flickers; call quality is too variable... I'm going bad to the good 'ole days...

But can people give me their input as to how the call quality is on a Z710i? I've hear there is a bit of an echo?

Many thanks in advance!
    Just retired mine after 3 years. Solid solid phone. No echo to speak of. Might be the network?

Feedback Score
    That's what we like to hear - I've been with my W300i for four emotional years

So what did you end up getting, and is everything you dreamed it would be?

Feedback Score
    So you don't agree with the review that stated: "Sound quality over the handset was clear and loud but had a strange quality to it, like the phone was sitting in a can...?"

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast