Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Z710i to W710i hacks.. ? i hope so! :)

Device(s)
    iPhone X - prev. Sony Ericsson Z710i (home)
    Carrier(s)
    ?
    Feedback Score

Question Z710i to W710i hacks.. ? i hope so! :)

well.. i should be receiving my Z710i this week and after doing a ton of reading on it noticed that both the W710i and Z710i are almost identical phones (minus the contents of the box, 512mb vs 64mb m2 included, etc; and the fitness software/media player on the W710i)...

so.. my fellow SE hacker pals... can i do hardware mods to my z710i like we did w/the K750i and W800i?

i'd like to add the rubber grips and also i'd love to get the Media Player from the W710i..

since it prob is CID49 or above, we prob can't use Farmanager to do the awesome file system hacks but what the hey.. maybe we can upgrade firmwares (given their isn't any actual physical/component differences in the two)..

does the pedometer exist in the Z710i version too and just is not utilized by the firmware?

no matter what, i figure i'll find out when i get my baby..!

any thoughts would be appreciated.. i'll also update this thread w/my results once i get er in..

peace
    seamonkey420
    "knowledge is power, spread the power"
    http://seamonkey420.tech-recipes.com
    CSK/SK2 | DVD | XBOX | Guides and More

Device(s)
    UNLOCKED Blackberry Tour 9630 (5.0.0.230/.238 Hybrid), 8GB microSD, SEIDIO Innocase II & holster
    Carrier(s)
    $50 VZW 550min Family Loyalty + $30 BIS + $10 TXT w/24% OFF + 20% OFF BIS
    Feedback Score
    O SNAP!!!! Its seamonkey back from MobileDeviant!

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    ?
    Feedback Score
    hehe.. yea baby! i'm back and in full effect!! been doing some DS Lite hacking too.. pretty fun.. :P how ya beeN?

Device(s)
    UNLOCKED Blackberry Tour 9630 (5.0.0.230/.238 Hybrid), 8GB microSD, SEIDIO Innocase II & holster
    Carrier(s)
    $50 VZW 550min Family Loyalty + $30 BIS + $10 TXT w/24% OFF + 20% OFF BIS
    Feedback Score
    Good. Just looking for jobs, doing a couple of reviews here and there and doing some freelance work.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    ?
    Feedback Score

Talking

btw.. for those interested.. it worked..

hehe.. you can flash your z710i to a w710i via wotanserver.. you get the walkman media player and other goodies!! flash menus included.. pedo meter does not work but who cares! i wanted flash menus and media player.. hell yea!

more info on my blog.

http://seamonkey420.blogspot.com

peace!

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    congrats on the upgrade. I bought the W710 recently because I wanted the fitness apps and had doubts about sony putting the pedometer into the Z710. Have you played around with it much since the upgrade? Since I've had it I'm less and less impressed with the walkman features. The songs skip on occasion, the sound quality isn't stand out amazing, and the volume of the music is really low (sound quality and volume as compared to my 5g ipod).

How does your version compare? I wonder if your upgraded z710 beats my original w710. (i'm suspicious of the flash on mine)

And I'm new to the SE modding market does CID49+ really mean there is no hope for the cool customizations people get on older phones? (thats a noob question, I'll try to find the answer myself if no one wants to post it)

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    ?
    Feedback Score
    wassup b00tang..

i used it all day today after flashing.. so far its stable as a rock.. i can listen to music w/o any skipping when i surf the web or do my txting.. the W710i firmware i'm using is: R1EE001 from wotanserver..

sound to me is good, never owned an ipod since i've always used my phones or pdas as my mp3 players... however i do have teh HPM-70 headphone adapter and some nice sony fontopia headphones; the standard ones pretty much suck imo...

as for the CID49; yup.. still not hacked, but don't worry.. some peeps be a working on that over at se-nse.com

is your phone unbranded? my z710i hybrid is unbranded; i know some carrier branding can make a phone perform like [email protected]#t!..

link to the flash menu in action..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoyLP9n9Llc

ignore my silly stoner comments.. hehe.. :P

Feedback Score
    That's a great idea. For those that don't want the orange/white/silver W710 can get the sleek black and blue-ish Z710 and flash it to W710 fw, or vice-versa

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    ?
    Feedback Score

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by hybrid.09
    That's a great idea. For those that don't want the orange/white/silver W710 can get the sleek black and blue-ish Z710 and flash it to W710 fw, or vice-versa

and save yourself around $100... hehe.. i'm addicted to gadgets/phones/toys and need to save where i can..

just wish i could find a W710i housing not a dummy phone...

Carrier(s)
    • Verizon Wireless •
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Got a z710i in the mail at this very moment, and ought to be here by Monday!! I really like the idea of being able to flash it into a replica (feature-wise) of it's sister phone. Not going to do it right away, but neat to know that I can if I want to later. I also really like the idea of the w710i rubber body parts possibly being graftable to the z710i body.

I can't wait for my new toy...ummm, phone!

Device(s)
    s500
    Feedback Score
    Nicely done!
    i was wondering, what happens when you do an update with sony ericsson later on? will it think the phone is a w710 and update that one? or do you have to keep doing a update through wotanserver?

and do you get the trackID and photowarp program?

is it possible to change the menues? make your own menues that is?
    thanks!

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    ?
    Feedback Score

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by 2be
    Nicely done!
    i was wondering, what happens when you do an update with sony ericsson later on? will it think the phone is a w710 and update that one? or do you have to keep doing a update through wotanserver?

and do you get the trackID and photowarp program?

is it possible to change the menues? make your own menues that is?
    thanks!
    yes, you do get trackID but no photowarp, however you can download that at sony's site (i believe)

as for SEUS, i believe it sees the phone as a W710i but then again, i can't confirm this yet, i will try to run the SEUS tonight and see if my phone is detecteed as a W710i; the built in firmware checking app will checks and says i'm updated..

not sure if TrackID is all the way working or not, but i'll also try that out tonight too..

peace

Carrier(s)
    • Verizon Wireless •
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yeah, I would like to know the down-side if any to the flash. I still haven't decided which way to go...since I'm not disappointed in the z710i as it is at all. But, the change would be nice if it didn't ruin the updates from SEUS. That's a feature I wouldn't want to lose.

Device(s)
    3gsssssssssssss
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by seamonkey420
    yes, you do get trackID but no photowarp, however you can download that at sony's site (i believe)

as for SEUS, i believe it sees the phone as a W710i but then again, i can't confirm this yet, i will try to run the SEUS tonight and see if my phone is detecteed as a W710i; the built in firmware checking app will checks and says i'm updated..

not sure if TrackID is all the way working or not, but i'll also try that out tonight too..

peace
    most likely it'll flash your phone back to z710i firmware.. cause the server will look up the imei

Resistance is Futile! get the nokia n8 housing for your iphone lol
    from nokiaconversations

Twitter me

Device(s)
    s500
    Feedback Score
    cool, im thinking of doing this, just the track ID thingie is cool enough
    but it would be nice if it fooled SE uppdate too..
    is it possible to turn of so you dont have to see the pedometer, if it doesnt work i dont need to see it :P

I found the facewarp program on sonyericssons website, but it tells me to go to their wap-site for download, but when i go there on my phone it only shows 3 programs? and facewarp is not one of them? someone knows a alternative download url?
    Last edited by 2be; 11-06-2006 at 03:54 PM.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast