Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: DontForget (Missed SMS,MMS,Call,e-mail etc. reminder) and more...

Feedback Score

DontForget (Missed SMS,MMS,Call,e-mail etc. reminder) and more...

DontForget is an application which will notify you anytime you have unread SMS, MMS, E-mail, missed incomming call or missed reminder. You can set and customize everything you want to be always informed.
    You will never forget about any call, sms, e-mail etc. with DontForget application.
    DontForget supports sound, vibrating or LED alert for missed events.

File Name: DontForget
    Author: Hujer (SoftImage)
    Platforms: Currently only Windows Mobile 2005 (Smartphone edition) is supported
    Languages: English, Czech, German, Russian, French
    Display resolution: both QVGA (240x320) and 176x220 displays are supported
    Homepage, news, download and updates: http://blog.softimage.cz/?page_id=83

And now ...
    DontForget 2.0 Beta 1 released
    • New GUI i.e. user interface of the Admin program (DontForgetAdmin.exe)
    • New localization strategy (multilingual versions)

• Minimum remind interval (reminder time) can now be set to 30 seconds (1 minute before)
    • Possibility to show(or not) the message window „Don't forget…“ on missed events. If the option is off, DontForget will just play sound and/or vibrate and no window is displayed.
    • Possibility to automatically switch to Flight-mode when DontForget is deactivated in selected time.
    • Possibility to automatically switch device off when DontForget is deactivated in selected time.
    • Now you have a posibility to slow down or completelly disable standard LED blinking. By default your device is blinking ca. once per 3 seconds. You can change this behaviour and make the LED bliking on missed events (once per 1,5 second) more visible.

More detailed information and download you can find HERE !

Enjoy
    Hujer

Device(s)
    E71-2
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I tried this program a couple of weeks ago, and it killed my Edge connection. I had to uninstall and reboot to get it back. Is this a known issue?

Device(s)
    HTC 2125 (Sim & CID unlocked)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Works fine on my 3125

Device(s)
    Note 4/8
    Carrier(s)
    SNET/Cingular/AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Program works great on my 3125 - it really is something the OS should have come with.

Device(s)
    A lot of them....
    Feedback Score
    Mine too.... Thanks Huger...

Device(s)
    Note 4/8
    Carrier(s)
    SNET/Cingular/AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I wanted to bump this so new readers would see it. This program is probably the most useful application I have added. It does a great job of notifying you of most anything that you have missed without having to open or even go and get your phone. I would have thought a Smartphone would have some kind of visual/audio notification. With this app it does.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry 8220
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Great program - being able to get rid of the blinker and use it for notifications is perfect. I just installed it, but has anyone used it for a while and have feedback on battery life? I know one of the LED toggle programs I used drained my battery pretty quickly - has anyone had issues with this?

Device(s)
    Cingular 3125
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VinceClortho
    Great program - being able to get rid of the blinker and use it for notifications is perfect. I just installed it, but has anyone used it for a while and have feedback on battery life? I know one of the LED toggle programs I used drained my battery pretty quickly - has anyone had issues with this?
    Is turning off the LED a feature of the Beta 2.0 version? I'm using 1.22 and only see an option to speed up the LED blinking when there's a message, but not get rid of the blinker when there are no messages (which I'd like to do if possible).

I've only been using it for 24 hours but haven't noticed any any noticeable additional battery drain and it works very well. Great program.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry 8220
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Yes - you can kill the LED with 2.0. There are a couple of other options for LED disabling detailed in other threads in this forum as well. But this seems like the best so far.
    Last edited by VinceClortho; 10-15-2006 at 07:45 PM.

Device(s)
    Cingular 3125
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Yes - you can kill the LED with 2.0. There are a couple of other options for LED disabling detailed in other threads in this forum as well. But this seems like the best so far.
    Ah, OK. I thought I'd wait until 2.0 was past Beta and all the kinks were out, but maybe I'll try it.

I'm aware that there are other ways to disable the LED but they looked liked they involved manually editing the registry and I don't really want to get into all that. With my luck I'd problably screw up the phone.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry 8220
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    The modaco program doesn't involve any registry tweaks - it's just an .exe file that you download and place on your phone. Very simple. But DontForget is much more sophisticated. I've had it running for 24 hrs with no bettery issues either. I also put a shortcut to it into my startup folder, so it just automatically runs on a soft reset.

Device(s)
    Cingular 3125
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    The modaco program doesn't involve any registry tweaks - it's just an .exe file that you download and place on your phone. Very simple. But DontForget is much more sophisticated. I've had it running for 24 hrs with no bettery issues either. I also put a shortcut to it into my startup folder, so it just automatically runs on a soft reset.
    Yes, but the modaco program seems to be "buggy" so I didn't consider that option just for the blinking LED issue which doesn't really bother me that much. Turning it off is just a bonus to the more important reminder features of Dontforget which seems to be quite stable and reliable with no apparent impact on the battery. Good enough for me.

Device(s)
    z600
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Will this kill the bluetooth light as well?

Device(s)
    Cingular 3125
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jmhenry5150
    Will this kill the bluetooth light as well?
    As far as I know it only kills the green LED from constantly flashing, but not the bluetooth or charging LED indicators.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry 8220
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    It definitely doesn't kill the BT light.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast